MADE IN SOUTH AFRICA

During my high school year's all I wanted to do was go travel. My grandfather who had been round the world a few times said to me one day ' travel your own country first before you go travel the world '.

I did just that. In the days when hitchhiking was still safe'ish, my thumb took me from the East coast to the West coast, Cape Town to Harare. I hit the road to the airport with 180 pounds in my pocket and returned 10 years later.

It's kinda hard to explain but visiting those small dorpies and farm towns in SA prepared me for a lot overseas.

I got into indoor growing beginning of lockdown thanks to reservation moonshine and the bug has bitten.

I've decided to travel SA once again before I venture overseas but this time it is for the quality and service I believe is available in this country.

Everything about this grow is Proudly South African.

The setup:

CABINET.

Wife's custom shelving converted into a cabinet.

LIGHT'S.

@growopz QB75'S.

1 x QB 3000k/4000k.

1 x QB 3333k.

2 x 15w Osram led strips 4000k.

Rigged and ready.

Once again@growopz came to the rescue. Approached him with a budget and what I had and a plan was made.

SOIL.

JouMaSeSoil.

Coco - Peat

Perlite

Vermiculite

Basalt Rock Dust

Michorizzae

Diatomaceous Earth

Bone Meal

Dolomite Lime

Worm Castings

Kelp Meal Microbial Tea

Ph tested at 6.5.

Soil is made by a Cape Town local and so far so good.

SEEDS.

@Bay Seeds.

Bruce Banner 3 x TNR F1.

Glamberry x Lemon Jedi OG.

Master Lester ( Dr Grinspoon x Lemon Jedi OG ).

@Totemic.

Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze.

Choc Gelato x Slurricane.

@Daggafontein Genetics.

African Buddha.

Big shout out to all of the above for making this possible and look forward to the journey of finding those South African breeder's and gem's.

Next year bud's.

f405a34c166da2fcb884dc55f7bc0d7f.jpg6a67ae2fab997170e7d3b297fc319604.jpge04e2844d3bbb6872816411f60c3a178.jpg

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Looking good, how big is the dimensions, i too build all my grow cuboards, one thing i found out real quick is space becomes a issue very quickly, had many plants outgrow it and have to go outside lol
Hey bud. Dimensions you looking at is 900 x 900 x 1600. Yeah so I'm limited to 800mm plant height, 1100mm including a 10l pot.

Had to put up a flowering tent for the big ladies, like you say, man space issues.
As my wife and my family business has not worked since February we have time on hand so the plants are marched outdoors at 6am then back inside 6pm. Don't think I'll find a better light in SA7f0f90236c0e387cee6ebbb41ec2450a.jpg

• Agree 1

African Buddha from @Daggafontein Genetics first pic and Choc Gelato x Slurricane and Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze from@Totemic.
Grow got of to a jumbled start with some planted November and some December but the babies have settled.
The BB3TNR from @Bay Seeds was planted earlier and I think I over did it with the LST so the poor plants have taken a knock and are on the mend now.
Pics of the rest to follow later.88d949f1cd69c17854078dac44bd3d5c.jpge00a63c493aed028e3ebc9c0b82db2ec.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update.

Lesson #1 for 2021 is stick to one strain in the cabinet.
I did a Damnit Dave and planted what I came to realize are very different growing strain's. Everything has been moved to the shade house and I'll be running individual strain's one at a time.
Everything almost set, just waiting on soil then I'll start off with a@Totemic grow.

Pic #1 the African Buddha from @Daggafontein Genetics.

Pic #2 Choc Gelato x Slurricane on the right and Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze from@Totemic on the left. Front one's came from indoors.

Pic #3 Master Lester from @Bay Seeds.

Pic #4 Glamberry x Lemon Jedi OG from @Bay Seeds. Two on the right started outdoors.07521fbccccfa4aed29c6bf2efa390e2.jpg41a241161d8b7d811248e12d89dbdfd2.jpg940c347fb3ff0159a3ef330584b7c90d.jpga8897e2a0cd60a01c763646ff334de03.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update and pic time.

For those who don't know this grow was moved to the shade house from indoors. The grow in the cabinet is still 100% South African, a little project pheno hunting GTH#1 x OKC for @Totemic. I'm not sure how to link the thread so some help here please moderators, @CreX, anyone. Thanks in advance.

Pic #1. African Buddha 800mm.

Pic #2. Master Lester.

Pic #3. Glamberry x Lemon Jedi OG.

Must say that the plants are enjoying the shade house.

IMG_20210129_160253.jpg

IMG_20210129_160236.jpg

IMG_20210129_160213.jpg

• Like 1

What's up man! You will need to go to the post you want to link... 

And in the URL bar at the top of the screen you must copy all of it and then paste it in your topic... 

Then when okes click on it, it will take them to the post you mentioned

10 hours ago, DamDave said:

What's in these seeds  @Bay Seeds? 1.6m from soil and they just keep on growing. Have to look up to these ladies now.

Short chubby one at the back left came from the indoor grow and had a bit of a chop a while back.

Very happy plants.

IMG_20210208_095733.jpg

IMG_20210208_095702.jpg

That's quite a bit of stretch, probably a bit late to do any training. I hope they flower out nicely. They seem really healthy.

That's quite a bit of stretch, probably a bit late to do any training. I hope they flower out nicely. They seem really healthy.
A bit of a stretch I'd say. I've decided my next few grows the plants are gonna be left to do their own thing. I'm quick to jump into something and my grows up to now have been multi strains in one cabinet and me snipping left right and center not knowing what I'm doing. You can imagine the outcome.
So for now one strain in the cabinet and no training until I've learnt a bit more about the plant in general.

• Like 1

CG x Slurricane in the first pic starting to develop some nice size buds.

Pic 2 and 3 is the Bruce Banner I thought I had trained to death. I put it in the shade house to die in . She bounced back with nice sticky buds and super sweet aromas.

Number 4 is Glamberry x Lemon Jedi OG. Also looking good.

Must say all shade house plants are loving the environment.2eb66d6bca474e8c5b966be5aad3e8fa.jpge7c6ed0efe35e1c2fd1a61c092e7be49.jpg75aedddd367ef986c3d9fa2c02acc987.jpg36985b28c2c7cd3cac89878511530089.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...