Not really sick but might need help?

Dookie69

Put a moisture dome over.. as long as the husk stays moist, the plants can bend em open.. when the husk dries out, can decapitate the seedling. Also, if you have to many coming out of the medium with husk.. plant em 0.5cm deeper as a starter. Best is when the medium helps to get them off. Easy way to remove a husk, use 2 medium size fishing hooks. Easy to hold and nice to pull the husk open without hurting the plant.

• Like 5

Thanks for that advice Prom. I had two come up like this. Next time I’ll go a little deeper.
This time the seeding shrugged it off overnight.
14333868bf691d8da1509131b5e06e69.jpg
You can see the discarded husk just to the left of the seedling. Good girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

That’s correct, it’s the air line to the air dome. It’s not operational yet. Only comes on when the Autopot comes on in about a week.
Thanks for the info on LST.

That's what they say in the documentation, but it works just as well running the pump to your pot from day 1. Here's a quick pic of my 2 month old Neville's haze, running the pump 24/7 since day 1. She's about 2m tall & just more than 1m wide. In the 25l autopot XL.

Dont mind the droopy leaves, it's almost sunset when I took the pic. Lol4ef0e8541c265f3a240e6af25d8614a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, me again.
On day 33 with these Blue Amnesia XXL from Dynafem.
A week ago I figured I have been running my pH too high for Freedom Farms F1 craft soil, at 6,5. I have been advised to run it almost like Coco at 5.8 to 6.0.
So I experienced some minor lockout issues which can be seen on some of the older fan leaves in the bottom picture.
I sorted out the Soil by flushing each pot with 3 to 4 litres of PH5.8 water, the runoff came out at 6.5.
I’m using Floro Series (3 part) and these plants have been on the Coco “Flower” nutrient ratio for three days now.
I am running the strength at 60% of the recommended strength since I understand Auto’s don’t need the full dosage. So the nute mix is pH5.9 EC 1.1
9ed8332daf6e6c73f130a4ba7397686f.jpg
This leaf, I think, might be showing signs of either a Calcium or a magnesium deficiency.
By this I refer to the green veins and pale green leaf between the veins. It might also indicate that the overall strength of the nute mix might be too low.
For example instead of running 2,4ml per litre of “Bloom”, I’m running 1,44ml per litre (60%)
4b4a14d98d666c20bfd384d3ef1ac33c.jpg
Any input would be welcomed, maybe I’m just being paranoid since I ran into some lockout issues on my first grow.

3f24ebf2de9f5d8d999fcf599118b2dd.jpg
The plant in the bottom- right of this picture is far behind the others, they are all the same Amnesia XXL Auto’s. I think she’s the runt of the litter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy-z said:

It might be little late, but get yourself some liquid silica. 10ml per 100l & you'll have stronger plants & big, solid buds with the extra potassium.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just always add silicon first when mixing your nutes, then immediately pH back down to normal levels. Silicon is super alkaline and will 100% raise the pH of your feed and may cause deficiencies out of nowhere if you're not careful. 

I also only really recommend silicon for veg and preflower. I cut out additional silicon apart from the base amount in late flower. 

• Like 1

Checked the ‘soil’ pH per autopot last night, they ranged from 6.5 to 7.0. I don’t know if that’s particularly bad considering it’s an Auto Pot grow, nevertheless considering my leaf situation I decided to flush with Flora Kleen and pH water at 5.8. Each plant got 5 litres Runoff pH was around 6.5. I never checked the EC runoff. They say you shouldn’t flush (pour water from top) with Autopots but there isn’t really an alternative.
Alarmingly the “soil” pH measured immediately after the flush still sat at 6.5...
So I gave up stressing and did some final LST / grooming and lollipopping. Left them to dry cycle for the balance of their day, then popped them back into the trays to suck them dry over their evening (res turned off)
Tonight I drained the remains of the res’ and banged them with 100% Flora Trio “Flower” in the hopes of increasing their Potassium intake. Even at 100% the EC is (only) 1.7. The ladies are used to EC 1.1 to 1.3 which I suspect might be too low for these ladies in flower.
Everything else is good, temp and humidity are under control, VPD is ok (between 0.93 and 1.1), lighting is good, air exchange is adequate.