Autoflower soil

Hi,

I'm a beginner and just wanted some advice regarding soil and nutrients. I couldn't find relevant information when I searched the forum.

In my previous grow I used Freedom Farms soil and powder feeding grow nutrients. My plants ended up pretty stunted - I think I overloaded them with nutrients (although they looked otherwise healthy).

I'm looking to make some changes for my next autoflower grow. Any advice on which soil to start with?

I was thinking of doing FF and then just adding Epson salts and molasses during flowering. Is that a good enough strategy?

Any advise would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Orgasoilux 1 bag

Freedom farms 2 bags(green bag)

Mix together just feed water and Microbes.

Thanks for the advice. Forgive my ignorance but is this what you are talking about? When would you start with the microbes? And then how often - once a week?

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/biodyne-environoc-401-microbes/

I really appreciate any advice. My previous autoflower grow went poorly. Used FF soil and then Powder feeding Grow. Plants ended up being very stunted. Think I used too much nutes...

Were you using Green House Powder Feeds?

I have heard quite mixed reviews with those nutes, some love it and swear by it while others just end up with plants being super unhappy and burnt to a crisp.

I quite like  the GHE Tri part nutes, works well and will work well in your Freedom Farms soil as well.

If you prefer to use microbes, once a week should be fine but you could likely get away with using the microbes every few weeks only.

19 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Were you using Green House Powder Feeds?

I have heard quite mixed reviews with those nutes, some love it and swear by it while others just end up with plants being super unhappy and burnt to a crisp.

I quite like  the GHE Tri part nutes, works well and will work well in your Freedom Farms soil as well.

If you prefer to use microbes, once a week should be fine but you could likely get away with using the microbes every few weeks only.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the Tri part nutes.

Any experience with the biobizz nutes?

Yes, I was using the green house powder feeds. Never had an issue with burn on any of my photoperiod plants. Also, I don't think they burnt my autoflowers, they were just really stunted so I'm assuming that I might have been a little heavy handed with the nutes. I know there are a plethora of other reasons for a stunted plant, but I have to start somewhere.

Having said that I've never used any other nutes to keen to try experimenting with other methods.