Garden Route Cannabis Cup

Dank

A small set back for the organiser/s of the Garden Route Cannabis Festival. All the damn sample packages for the judges were confiscated and Leon Meyer was put into holding cells for 2 nights before he was released. The show will go on. Probably leaving tomorrow for a slow toke down stream to the Canna Cup, so catch you guys next week. Stay safe.

he

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Pants said:

Sound alike a trip to oppikoppi I had about 20 years ago. One night In the tjoekie, drop by the court. R500 fine and on to the festival. Which had a extra level on it that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like a koppi you'll never forget! We probably went to the same Koppi if it was around that time, that was the time Oppikoppi was still Oppikoppi. Hack your way through veld to make your campsite, good times, never missed a year :-hilarious

• Like 1

Fo sho. Think I went to 15 koppies between 96 and about 08. Best times ever.

We were about 15 people from the roadblock sharing a piss stained cell in Northam that Thursday night. Swapping stories and having a raucous time. Quick swing by Brits court, R500 admission of guilt and I was baked at koppie by lunch that Friday

4 minutes ago, Pants said:

Fo sho. Think I went to 15 koppies between 96 and about 08. Best times ever.

We were about 15 people from the roadblock sharing a piss stained cell in Northam that Thursday night. Swapping stories and having a raucous time. Quick swing by Brits court, R500 admission of guilt and I was baked at koppie by lunch that Friday

Brilliant!  exactly what koppi was, crazy experiences and the most awesome likeminded strangers congregated in buttfuck nowhere stumbling around looking for their tents in a haze of smoke and dust 😂. The music, the people, the hype, the venue, it was all just really good times we'll never see the likes of again.

<\end of thread hijack>

• Like 1

What an epic weekend, meeting old and new cannabis activists and sharing cannabis culture together. Hard to express the feelings experienced and to be honest it was a very smokey hazey weekend from sunrise to the early hours of the morning. There were about 10 prizes for the growers cup entries, and the overall winner was such a gentleman on top of his craft. Turns out it was a team of two, judges only found out names a couple hours before the announcing of the winners. About 28 strains in total to go through. The winner, Cannaporium from Knysna, took the overall cup with their indoor hydro mandarin cookies. Deon below came to enjoy the festivities the day after the win and we partied and managed to get some pictures with him and his cup.  

aabc7a2b96c563db16a6dc5c4d46b5f0dd3f6538 

Aaptwak, speed roller 3.2 seconds, had an exciting rolling competition on the final day. I entered my first rolling comp and shaved off 4 seconds off my time. I was hoping to break 10 seconds and did my best kingsize roll at 7.6 seconds, coming in second.  RastaOne from Knysna took the belt and title for a 6.5 second roll and his brother came in 3rd. Looking forward to next years event, bigger and better. 

f86c04aa629252d0fd1928ffffcd74075680859d

On 8/5/2021 at 9:15 AM, donnob said:

Brilliant!  exactly what koppi was, crazy experiences and the most awesome likeminded strangers congregated in buttfuck nowhere stumbling around looking for their tents in a haze of smoke and dust 😂. The music, the people, the hype, the venue, it was all just really good times we'll never see the likes of again.

The old oppikoppis were madness, I barely remember my one attendance. Any of you guys ever go to the Woodstock festival in JHB, they stopped about 14 years ago. The last one was insane in the membrane, police, busts, weed, reggae, hemp and the very stealth cannabis cup on another farm. Mad times, sitting in the rain chatting with a dude coming down from LSD, packing up tents. 

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

• 2 weeks later...