Free Hortimix Nutes

PsyCLown

Hey all,

Not really a competition, but I have some Hortimix nutes which I am no longer using and happy to give them away to anyone in need of some nutes.

From what I recall I made the mixture stronger (more than 1 packet of nutes into 5L). I am in the JHB area, so if you are interested in the nute drop me a PM and you are welcome to come and collect them. Around half of the 5L nutes left.

I did state how many grams of the powder nutes I added to the 5L, but would be best to do your ratios based on the EC of the solution.

IMG_20201223_093956.thumb.jpg.85417e60e5122fff5faaded2bcaba90a.jpg

• Like 3

@PsyCLown how long would you say the shelf life of the Hortimix? I have some pre mixed as well that's been standing for more than a year and a packet of each left. I would like to give it to a friend but not sure if it's still good. 
I'm pretty sure it'll still be fine.

It seems quite stable and nothing has precipitated out of the solution from what I can see and my solution is quite strong compared to what hortimix recommend.

The powder should keep for years.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Everyone's to scared to collect. Cops may think you transporting homebrew.emoji57.png
Cape Town side unfortunately bud.
Have a good end of year.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

A quick smell and you'll realise it's not alcohol.

I could ship it, but its heavy and going to be a mission trying to find a box to put it into etc.

Pity, I would take it if I was in Jhb. I have been using it since Aug with decent results. I put the hps off in so the pic doesn't make lines but this is 300w (150 led floodlight and 150hps)total in 1.2x1.2m using hortimix and their mpk bloom booster which is prob just Epsom. 3b886d993afd7f5ceecff99eef086954.jpgc5955cfd9c8e80e7ffaf79a8b21f49da.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Pity, I would take it if I was in Jhb. I have been using it since Aug with decent results. I put the hps off in so the pic doesn't make lines but this is 300w (150 led floodlight and 150hps)total in 1.2x1.2m using hortimix and their mpk bloom booster which is prob just Epsom. 3b886d993afd7f5ceecff99eef086954.jpgc5955cfd9c8e80e7ffaf79a8b21f49da.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Actually, its MKP or mono potassium phosphate, it can also be used as a cheap, mild fungicide, for those that don't know. Epsom salts is magnesium sulphate.

I've substituted the hortimix B with their calmag, since they both have calcium nitrate, with very good results so far.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

These poor nutes are still looking for a home, feeling unloved and unwanted.
They just want to make some plants happy and keep those plants well fed.
You breaking my heart bud. Where you based, maybe I must venture out of the world of 'soil and water' and try nutes.
I'm Cape Town side.

Sorry, just read top of thread. JHB. Dang, good luck finding a home bud.
  • Like 1

If used correctly, these nutes are just as good as the big names. 
I agree. I'm using soil from a guy on one of our local groups and it's pretty damn good. Packaging, labeling, ingredients list all there. People drive past him to the nursery to get ' craft soil '. You know why? Marketing the likes of us will battle with.

Wether it's nutes or soil it's science, one formula will be better than the other. But who is to say the top brand is better without actually comparing it to a lesser brand who does no have a good marketing head.

• Like 1

I agree. I'm using soil from a guy on one of our local groups and it's pretty damn good. Packaging, labeling, ingredients list all there. People drive past him to the nursery to get ' craft soil '. You know why? Marketing the likes of us will battle with.

Wether it's nutes or soil it's science, one formula will be better than the other. But who is to say the top brand is better without actually comparing it to a lesser brand who does no have a good marketing head.

100%

Just look at how popular the iPhone is.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...