โ€‹๐ŸŽ…โ€‹ Ho Ho Ho - Give It A Grow (Giveaway)

PsyCLown

Hey all!

ย 

'Tis the season to be merry and jolly and I suppose to give to others as well.ย ๐ŸŽ…

ย 

I also feel that if anyone wants to grow a CBD plant, they should be able to.

I have some CBD Charlottes Angel feminised seeds which I am happy to give away to a few members who are keen to grow out a CBD plant.

This plant supposedly has THC under 1% and CBD upto 16% but I have seen lab tests where the CBD ends up over 20% actually.

So basically you are not going to get much of a high from this plant, but you should be getting quite a bit of CBD.

ย 

I grew it out and can confirm that smoking or dabbing it, not much of a high at all but certainly does have a calming effect.

ย 

I will cover the cost of shipping.ย  This will work on a first come first serve basis.ย Each pack will contain 3 seeds.

I am more than happy for everyone on this forum to share with each other - be it the seeds you received or a cutting once you have started to grow the plant out. Ultimately I will be limited by the amount I am willing to spend on shipping as it does add up rather quickly.

ย 

If you are interested, reply to this threadย stating why you would like to grow out this CBD plant and then we can arrange the shipping - I will drop you a PM to get the shipping details.

I may wait until all seeds have been claimed before I ship them out - this will make it easier for me as I can then do a single trip and ship them all at once.

ย 

Once everything has been claimed, I will reply to this thread notifying everyone that the giveaway has come to an end.

ย 

Keep safe and enjoy the festive season! ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire! 1

Definitely interested. Got chronic knee pain and the wife isnโ€™t too happy getting goefed all the time, plus my 1:1 cream and cheese is not doing to well after the blumat dried up. Paying R500 for cbd oil also getting expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is very very generous of you wow, well done man, we need more people like you in the world

I am certainly interested in growing some of this if its still possible. We made some medicinal oil with another cbd plant we grew and it has helped many people.

I actually told someone less than an hour ago I will try and find some of this for his girlfriend who is struggling with anxiety and I will pass some seeds off to him also.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Good on you homie.
What a great initiative. I hope the good karma comes back around many times over to you!
Definitely keen to grow some of this at some point... but not this time or I would be all over this like a Mexican at a Tequila bar! Lineup looking full for a while on my end
Ho ho ho indeed!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Awesome idea in the spirit of the season.

I would definately beย interested in some of those beans if there are enough to go round.

Personally that strain has beenย on my growing bucket list for a while.

Doing coconut oil extractsย for someย retired individualsย at ourย local 'Golden Oldies' who indicated that theyย prefered 'more natural meds' for their ailments. They were buying off the street in the pastย to try and make their own. (Alcohol extract with vodka)

Up to now we were only able to help them with sativa/THC dominant extracts. a CBD dominant extract will be veryย beneficial.

• Like 1

Wow.. Good on you bud.. I have been interested in CBD since I heard of it but never could get hold of some beans. My father is turning 70 soon and is starting to struggle with all kinds of shit and I would like to help him with some CBD oil. After making use of some gifted to me by @SkunkPharmย a year or so ago I just can not get myself to buy anny of the shit in the shops..

8 hours ago, Bos said:

Awesome idea in the spirit of the season.

I would definately beย interested in some of those beans if there are enough to go round.

Personally that strain has beenย on my growing bucket list for a while.

Doing coconut oil extractsย for someย retired individualsย at ourย local 'Golden Oldies' who indicated that theyย prefered 'more natural meds' for their ailments. They were buying off the street in the pastย to try and make their own. (Alcohol extract with vodka)

Up to now we were only able to help them with sativa/THC dominant extracts. a CBD dominant extract will be veryย beneficial.

Uhhhh alcohol is one of the worst to extract, as you rinseย the chlorophyll out too. If you use alcohol,ย at least use petrol ether. You just have to be super careful, has a flame point of 21 degrees. Would use a Soxhlet for that.

The most easiest washing... still comes with a good risk to blow yourself up ^^ is HBO washing.. butane gas is my preferred extractor method and way cheaper gear to do it as with a alcohol setup.. plus as pure as you can get it. Butane boils at -3 degrees, so very easy to get your extractor solution clean clean. You can buy extra clean Newport Gas atย any tobacco shop.

Edited by Prom
wrote "at" wrong, can you believe it ;)
  • Like 1

• 420SA pinned this topic
23 hours ago, Prom said:

Uhhhh alcohol is one of the worst to extract, as you rinseย the chlorophyll out too. If you use alcohol,ย at least use petrol ether. You just have to be super careful, has a flame point of 21 degrees. Would use a Soxhlet for that.

The most easiest washing... still comes with a good risk to blow yourself up ^^ is HBO washing.. butane gas is my preferred extractor method and way cheaper gear to do it as with a alcohol setup.. plus as pure as you can get it. Butane boils at -3 degrees, so very easy to get your extractor solution clean clean. You can buy extra clean Newport Gas atย any tobacco shop.

Butane is a cheap and easy way to extract, but dirty and without the proper equipment good luck getting all the butane out - despite the low boiling point.

Vac chamber and preferably a heating pad is required to purge the butane properly. One can try with hot water baths and such, although based on my experience this still leaves a tainted product.

ย 

Easiest route I feel would be a rosin press, it's solvent-less and easy to use. Just the initial cost is high and yields may not be at the same level as BHO - depending on what BHO extraction equipment one has.

You can also turn trim into rosin, just need to turn it into bubble hash before pressing it.

ย 

I personally feel if one is wiling to work out a bit of money to make extracts, rosin is the better way to go. Actually much cheaper than a full, proper BHO extraction and purging setup.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PsyCLown said:

Butane is a cheap and easy way to extract, but dirty and without the proper equipment good luck getting all the butane out - despite the low boiling point.

Vac chamber and preferably a heating pad is required to purge the butane properly. One can try with hot water baths and such, although based on my experience this still leaves a tainted product.

ย 

Easiest route I feel would be a rosin press, it's solvent-less and easy to use. Just the initial cost is high and yields may not be at the same level as BHO - depending on what BHO extraction equipment one has.

You can also turn trim into rosin, just need to turn it into bubble hash before pressing it.

ย 

I personally feel if one is wiling to work out a bit of money to make extracts, rosin is the better way to go. Actually much cheaper than a full, proper BHO extraction and purging setup.

I put mine for 2 hours in a 60 degree oven.. usually after 1 hour it stops to bubble. They can do extracts with the machine too.. I will meet the guy and test my extracts too. Then I can tell you how pure they are. Will also send a batch to Qure and see if they get the same result with the bigger gearย ๐Ÿ˜ย Confirmation is sexy ^^

Pressing is nice, but you leave also a lot behind in the material. I prefer to wash the material for eating or medical application ^^ try to get all out. If you bubble before you press.. yes, makes very much sense.. but you also need the gear to bubble. Butane extraction is the class cone (400 Rand) (around 50g material per wash), a coffee filter (you get aย hundredย for 25ย Rand), a stainless steal icing sifย at PnP or Checkers (30 Rand) (you still have to cut it in shape for your cone). I recommend a non stick plate to collect and put in the oven (200-300 rand) and the Butan gas from the shop, depending how much you have to wash (1 kg of bush weed (the seedy shit you get at the robotsย ๐Ÿ˜) I wash with 16 cans). Check to have the temp around 65-70 degrees in the oven (digital one helps).. just wait till it stops to bubble, then wait another hour. Yes, you can vacuum it.. I use a clothing bag and a bucket with a lid and a hole.. but.. I stopped doing that.. if something boils at -3 and is for 2 hours in 60 degrees.. is just gone ^^ and the extra clean Newport gas leaves ZERO solventsย back. We sprayed a full can on a plate and let it evaporate. Plate was clean after. Just use the right gear and you get a very clean extract. We press too ^^ have a sexy 10T press.. but.. that is more for dabing/vaporizer. The stuff I wash is purely for eating or make CBD capsules for medication. Gets lab tested anyhow, or I couldn't measure the dosage to inject in the capsules, so I try to get the last bit out of the material... nothing against pressing but to much waste to my liking. And pressing and then wash the rest is just one step to many ^^ย 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prom said:

I put mine for 2 hours in a 60 degree oven.. usually after 1 hour it stops to bubble. They can do extracts with the machine too.. I will meet the guy and test my extracts too. Then I can tell you how pure they are. Will also send a batch to Qure and see if they get the same result with the bigger gearย ๐Ÿ˜ย Confirmation is sexy ^^

Pressing is nice, but you leave also a lot behind in the material. I prefer to wash the material for eating or medical application ^^ try to get all out. If you bubble before you press.. yes, makes very much sense.. but you also need the gear to bubble. Butane extraction is the class cone (400 Rand) (around 50g material per wash), a coffee filter (you get aย hundredย for 25ย Rand), a stainless steal icing sifย at PnP or Checkers (30 Rand) (you still have to cut it in shape for your cone). I recommend a non stick plate to collect and put in the oven (200-300 rand) and the Butan gas from the shop, depending how much you have to wash (1 kg of bush weed (the seedy shit you get at the robotsย ๐Ÿ˜) I wash with 16 cans). Check to have the temp around 65-70 degrees in the oven (digital one helps).. just wait till it stops to bubble, then wait another hour. Yes, you can vacuum it.. I use a clothing bag and a bucket with a lid and a hole.. but.. I stopped doing that.. if something boils at -3 and is for 2 hours in 60 degrees.. is just gone ^^ and the extra clean Newport gas leaves ZERO solventsย back. We sprayed a full can on a plate and let it evaporate. Plate was clean after. Just use the right gear and you get a very clean extract. We press too ^^ have a sexy 10T press.. but.. that is more for dabing/vaporizer. The stuff I wash is purely for eating or make CBD capsules for medication. Gets lab tested anyhow, or I couldn't measure the dosage to inject in the capsules, so I try to get the last bit out of the material... nothing against pressing but to much waste to my liking. And pressing and then wash the rest is just one step to many ^^ย 

I tried in the oven too, however the end product was not very appealing and I feel that it lost some potency due to this process... unless I fucked it up or the oven I used was very inaccurate in terms of temps (a big possibility).

ย 

The dab turned quite dark, potency is not what I am use to in terms of dab either and consistency is very running for some reason.

I also use the Newport gas, great stuff and not expensive. Around R30 a can normally.

ย 

If you use the BHO for edibles, I do not feel it is as much of an issue then compared to dabbing / vaporising. I'd rather consume a little bit of butane orally than inhale it. Ideally no butane at all. Would be curious to find out how much butane is left in your product, if any.

So if you do ever send it in for testing, please do share the results ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

23 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

So if you do ever send it in for testing, please do share the results ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

I still wait for the results of the budsย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย but he warned me, will be Friday, as he is busy today. I have to wash a batch of CBD and THC, the same material also goes in the press.. so that will be a interesting test.. I actually guess will be around the same numbers.

Have a digital oven.. goes from 50 up to 320.. in single degrees. I tested 50 60 and 70 degrees.. wouldn't go over those number. I ended up on 65.. time and result fit. Results are honey color.. ^^ orย you vacuum it and get a yellow sponge. I prefer the honey for dabing, easier in my opinion, no sticky fingersย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 

Just if somebody gets the thrill to try Bhutan extraction.. is really really simple, only do that OUTSIDE!!!!! and when there is a bit of wind going.. you handle a flammable gas. Any spark can leave you well baked and with a crisp look in your eyesย ๐Ÿ˜ย 

Edited by Prom
English difficult ^^
  • Like 1

What an amazing gesture!!! Ive been amazed by this strain since seeing it, especially itโ€™s potential to make concentrates such as oils and edibles. If thereโ€™s still seeds available I would love to get the opportunity to grow it, Iโ€™ll definitely share it amongst Cape Townians through cuttings or remainder of theย seeds(should I get perfect germination).ย 

Firstly thank you for the giveaway, my sisters pug recently started having epileptic fits. He has been to the vet a done a brain scan also checked his liver and so on. I know this strain was produced to help a young girl with fits so I'm keen to grow it for Marmite and infuse it with some coconut oil to mix with his food. He is on tablets but they will deteriorate his liver and put pressure on his kidneys.ย 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, Deano86 said:

Firstly thank you for the giveaway, my sisters pug recently started having epileptic fits. He has been to the vet a done a brain scan also checked his liver and so on. I know this strain was produced to help a young girl with fits so I'm keen to grow it for Marmite and infuse it with some coconut oil to mix with his food. He is on tablets but they will deteriorate his liver and put pressure on his kidneys.ย 

So this isn't the exact same strain as what you are thinking about.. I think you are thinking of Charlottes Web, this is Charlottes Angel.

However I suspect they are quite similar and both very high in CBD. If I am not mistaken, @Promย managed to get some Charlottes Angel seeds. Not sure if he has grown them out yet and is able to give feedback on whether Charlottes Angel is any different to other high CBD strains?

ย 

Although it is likely still worth a try and could possibly assist.

ย 

ย 

ย 

PM's have been sent to everyone, please respond and then I will have everything shipped out together.

• Like 2

Yup, the Angels didn't became tall but packed some budsย ๐Ÿ˜ย 

576840666_BeautyinCBD.thumb.jpg.13254b7fc3649c6e9fa8e5220db54192.jpg1383732953_DryingAngel.thumb.jpg.4702ff89b8218b23c7a6c144c9428290.jpg

Breeder: Dutch Passion

ย 

๐Ÿ˜“ย I forgot to take a sample to testing. They smelled DELICIOUS ^^ very very lemony and fruity smell. Friend would have loved to smoke em.. if they would have made him goofed "his words". I had em to wash.. and then the Tabaco shops closed ^^ they are still packed, so thanks for remindingย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย i forgot about thoseย ย ย 

Edited by Prom
Potency addon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deano86 said:

They do look nice and dense,ย  I just put up my greenhouse. So it's good that they stay nice and short lol. Think I will grow , dry and cure.. then place into the oven for 40min then pop into the slow cooker with coconut oil to make a infusion work ?

Just out of curiosityย ๐Ÿ™‚ย why in the oven for 40 mins, when the weed is already cured? Do the extract with butane gas and mix after with the amount of oil. Will desolve very easy and you dont remove unwanted substances with the oil from your herb... also way easier to mix a dosage you want. Test the honeybee you got at a lab, then you can easy do your desired concentration to consume, oil or alcohole, easy to desolve. Read some reports how CBD values get put way to high on products sold. Nobody could easy test, that changes now... and fraud gets pointed out. If you mix yourself, you know you get the % you aim for.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosityย ย why in the oven for 40 mins, when the weed is already cured? Do the extract with butane gas and mix after with the amount of oil. Will desolve very easy and you dont remove unwanted substances with the oil from your herb... also way easier to mix a dosage you want. Test the honeybee you got at a lab, then you can easy do your desired concentration to consume, oil or alcohole, easy to desolve. Read some reports how CBD values get put way to high on products sold. Nobody could easy test, that changes now... and fraud gets pointed out. If you mix yourself, you know you get the % you aim for.
For edibles, making dab then using that is a bit of a mission I feel. Especially if one doesn't have the equipment already.

So decarb in the oven the. Into oil for edibles is perfect, simple and easy. Much cheaper too.
Some may not feel comfortable working with butane either due to the risk associated with it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

how much % you reach in that oil. I never used coco oil, so bit curious.ย ๐Ÿ˜ย or better, how much oil on how much bud?

ย 

Isnt the world in gear to do gas extraction.... cheapest set of gear i know... even a sif to hash costs more... one!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

All you need...ย 

ย 

16087979153981028082871726553332.thumb.jpg.e9ab7ddc2b10365ec3edea00794c40e9.jpg

ย 

• Like 1

@Promย those buds look amazing! Iโ€™m looking into extraction more and more especially with CBD for purposes of edibles and tinctures. I know this may be a difficult question to answer but your opinion will suffice. If I were do an extraction method that would extracts the CBD/THC directly into a carrier oil(decarb, slow heating in carrier oil)ย , am I wasting the majority of potency of buds. I understand that with a more controlled extraction such as alcohol/butane extraction I will have more control in the dosages I would take and able to extract a higher yield,ย but in terms of yield wise, is there a substantial difference in percentage of extraction between the DIYย method I referred to and alcohol/butane extraction? @PsyCLownย please feel free to add your opinion as well.

thanks guys

Edited by Stefan

18 hours ago, Stefan said:

@Promย those buds look amazing! Iโ€™m looking into extraction more and more especially with CBD for purposes of edibles and tinctures. I know this may be a difficult question to answer but your opinion will suffice. If I were do an extraction method that would extracts the CBD/THC directly into a carrier oil(decarb, slow heating in carrier oil)ย , am I wasting the majority of potency of buds. I understand that with a more controlled extraction such as alcohol/butane extraction I will have more control in the dosages I would take and able to extract a higher yield,ย but in terms of yield wise, is there a substantial difference in percentage of extraction between the DIYย method I referred to and alcohol/butane extraction? @PsyCLownย please feel free to add your opinion as well.

thanks guys

Everything i write is my personal opinionย ๐Ÿ˜ย and has nothing in reference to the 10 commendment what so ever ๐Ÿ˜‚

extraction can be done in many ways.. and i havent tried all of them, but a few.

If you look to extract without any solvents, heat press. This one comes with a bit of investment... and waste. For THC products, beside hashing my preferred method.

CBD i wash with butane gas, as i try to get out as much as possible. Test and then do the dosage. Syringe, capsule, depends what is wanted.

I prefer gas to alcohole because of the result purity. Just when i look at it, i prefer the honeybee. Some people even wash with acetone. The challenge at the end is for all washing methods the same, you have to remove the solvent and end with a concentrated substance. That you get lab checked and dilute after to the concentration to consume easy. All worked as it should, should be a rather clear liquid. The most pure THC substsnces i ever saw were white crystals with a yellow touch... the darker your end result, the more junk you have in your solution. Honeybee should look exactly like honey after washing. Golden, see through, very sticky. Avoid to get it on your hands.

The potency of your extractย depends on the potency you got in your plants. So harvest is key.

Edited by Prom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 420SA unpinned this topic