Some other things I’m growing

Pants

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

lekker lekker 🫑🥒🥬🥦🥑🍏🍐

whenever I see a pea/bean flower I am reminded of a blue pea flower. have you seen them?

I was working on a permaculture farm where I kept pointing it out and telling people the flower looked like something very peculiar. 😅 we kept laughing about it like we where a bunch of 12 year olds, untill the master botanist pointed out the botanical name and it just made the joke so much funnier. It became a point of interest for guests, so much so we had to put the botanical name on a board next to it and all the middle aged ladies started taking photos with it. 

so, this is the flower, what does it look like to you? 😅

blue-pea-ramabhadran-thirupattur.thumb.jpg.1b1e2f55a378ac82dd6453d96cc47532.jpg

maybe you need a bit of a "dirty mind" to see it, but this will colour your imagination a little further, the botanical name - 

20211228_071601.thumb.jpg.9a413ddcfe677a29043ab7a43df55971.jpg

.....aaand a little description if you still don't see it 😅

20211228_071627.thumb.jpg.738aaa669822d6656a4c7fef08635cfa.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pants said:

So I’ll add this to the list for next year emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a nice vine shrub to have in your garden, with the very noticable flower and the dense greenery it puts on a nice show wherever it's growing. This plant doesn't bare any peas though so it is more of an ornamental plant. I read there's quite a list of beneficial medicinal properties the plant provides, people steep teas with the flowers and what not, so if you're into that you'll like the plant a lot! 🤠 

9 hours ago, Weskush said:

Interesting how the human female genitalia is represented in certain species. The black mussel is a prime example also. Maybe certain species are represented in humans rather than the other way around...

yeah this is true, no jokes vagina-like objects are so commonly found in nature 😅 I guess if you really interested in knowing which came first and who resembled who, you could do some research in the biological field of archeological and geological history to find the oldest species or specimen that had something that similarly resembled a vagina. my best guess is that a fossil of some kind will present that peice of information, maybe it was found in the fauna kingdom first, maybe the flora kingdom or perhaps the oldest kingdom that inhabits our earth to this day - fungi kingdom 😁 

but then... who ever was first, where did they get the idea and what was the concept based on? like every particle of air itself has scientific merit that explains why and how it exists in the form that it does and how this came to be. just like everything else in existance. it's likely that the concept of a vagina was a million other more simple concepts smooshed into one complex concept over looooooong periods of time. 

• Like 1

Looking at helping a medicinal plants nursery getting going early next year. Any other interesting plants, throw names this way.

Got access to two tunnels, looking at around 600 plants of all medicinal types. Cancer bush’s, wormwood, a lot of herbs, svelte ohm and of course a couple of strains of our favorite plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 11:05 AM, Pants said:

Any other interesting plants, throw names this way.

BROTHER 😁😁😁 

I wouldn't even know where to start, maybe check out this book??

20211231_071911.thumb.jpg.ec7f8d36bda4408b3192bc44b69d501a.jpg

Worldwide the list of medicinal plants goes on and on and on, this book however only looks at indiginous species and speaks of around 3000 species that grow in our African biome with medicinal properties, the book only covers about 400 species of them. so the list is a long one 😅 

they have a section at the back of the book where they already grouped everything according to ailments, pretty cool

20211231_072011.thumb.jpg.e5e38bad3c21e9c0e6fba36f84e3dad3.jpg

20211231_072022.thumb.jpg.06bc184df0314e3ef70ec890c1607b1c.jpg

I would also recommend if you're in the Western Cape to make some time and go check out Babylonstoren garden in Franschoek, they have a very sacred little space dedicated to world wide medicinal plants. probably the most elaborate medicinal garden I have come across my whole life. no doubt about it. you can even do a garden tour where they take you through the medicinal garden and teach you how to know what to look for and how to use a lot of the plants. there is a Dutch lady there I share my birthday with, we keep in contact through the years and she's literally a witch when it comes to plant medicines, her knowledge on the subject is so vast it's scary sometimes, that's why I say she's a witch 😅 if you do the tour and you're lucky she'll be the tour guide and you can ask literally anything and everything!  ...ps there is some Salvia Divinorum growing in that garden too, but it's a very sacred garden and they don't allow guests to take cuttings from there. 

🤠

• Like 2

I can recommend that Medicinal Plant book, its unreal, want a copy myself. I went to a remote farm last week, saw it on the kitchen table and could not stop reading it, it has everything in there, EVERYTHING. Funny enough going to that same farm this morning. The woman who lives there only leaves once a month, as its very remote, roads are difficult to drive even in a 4x4. She used to work at this unreal healing place down the drag from me. 

• Like 2