Companion Plants that help with pest control..

1 hour ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

I see what you saying.

but what I meant by "if we like it or not" I kinda refer to the thing you mentioned that bugs can be attracted to even healthy plants. and we obviously always aim for a healthy garden, but nonetheless still end up with unhealthy plants. you can be top of your game and still get a bad clone / seed or just send a full happy healthy plant down the poopshoot cause you do one thing with a certain intent only to have it blow up in your face. in the name of science ofcourse, soooo kinda "if we like it or not" hahah but yeah plant health plays a drastic role in it's favourability to pests and diseases, no doubt about that.

I am pretty sure that's a thing with all species, though, across the board. 

even with us humans

This is exactly it. If we eat shit all day long, we can’t expect to be healthy. On the other end of the spectrum if we want to be healthy and strong, we must eat a balanced ratio of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. 

Theres a fine line there, even if they’re daubed healthy foods, if in high enough excesses will cause more harm than good. 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ORGANinc. said:

This is exactly it. If we eat shit all day long, we can’t expect to be healthy. Transversally, is we want to be healthy and strong, we must eat a balanced ratio of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. 

Theres a fine line there, even if they’re daubed healthy foods, if in excess will cause more harm than good. 

very true that hahah as I am experiencing with my grow now. even in organic situation, too much of a good thing is still too much!!

I am also not saying we should completely misdiagnose our situation and just build a bug hotel and think we solved the issue.

so the point you're making is that it is in best interest to know why the pests/diseases are showing up and what to do about it?

I agree with this 100% hahah I fucked my ladies good with waaaaay too much biobizz and battling to get them back in good health, luckily no pests or diseases here so far!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

very true that hahah as I am experiencing with my grow now. even in organic situation, too much of a good thing is still too much!!

I am also not saying we should completely misdiagnose our situation and just build a bug hotel and think we solved the issue.

so the point you're making is that it is in best interest to know why the pests/diseases are showing up and what to do about it?

I agree with this 100% hahah I fucked my ladies good with waaaaay too much biobizz and battling to get them back in good health, luckily no pests or diseases here so far!! 

Yeah but very interesting concept! 

Over doing it in a living system is veeeeeerrry easy! Been there done that. But it would be because of the sheer amount of nutrients available.

@GreenGrow Garden Route Sorry for all this gibber gabber on your thread bro. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

Nah no problem.. Ginger gabber all you want.. I learn in the process.. Good to get input and realise all over again that there is so much I do not know...👌😂👍🌱

Cool man, there is so much I don't know too. Just sharing what I've learnt. 

I believe this is why we have this platform.. to learn, share, advise and communicate with like minded people without judgement.. With my indoor grow I just realized that I know nothing.. I started on the forum as Stinger 96 and thought I know everything about outdoor growing but soon realised also that I know nothing. Started my GGGR profile because of my ailing little business and started a indoor grow and then realized I know less than nothing..🤣👌🌱 In the last few years on the forum I learned more about the plant than what I learned in the mid 2000s in the Cannabis College in Amsterdam..👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some swelling going on...

20210403_101824.thumb.jpg.e87e772236aec04dc5d269675b36bccb.jpg

First bean harvest also took place..

20210403_120606.thumb.jpg.709fc6b81a234267d49d2aa245ccd89d.jpg

Did not expect it to happen this quick.. One day nothing and the next day... whala..😁

The companion plants are also coming along nicely... Anybody want to get rid of some pots... geez.. I did not expect to run out of pots.. I had a ton now I'm scrounging...🤣

20210403_110547.thumb.jpg.9e660645a0b5c8d4b8c74fe0cbc9a0e5.jpg

20210403_110542.thumb.jpg.52ec630e61619d57a8c0622caafc68ea.jpg

20210404_083409.thumb.jpg.b156d7537e43016062c0b245190b058a.jpg

20210404_083517.thumb.jpg.d23e131050433984ac2be113b230cb23.jpg

:-peace

• 3 weeks later...