US House of Representatives passes bill to DECRIMINALIZE cannabis at federal level

420sake

House votes to legalize weed

The House on Friday passed a landmark bill that would remove federal penalties on marijuana and erase cannabis-related criminal records.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/04/house-votes-to-legalize-weed-442903

When Republicans brought up the lack of regulations on edibles or vaping products in the bill during a House Rules Committee hearing this week, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) said regulating a new industry was not the point.

“This bill deals with decriminalizing, at a federal level, for possession and distribution — those simple points,” said Jackson Lee. “Let me be clear that we wanted to bring justice to thousands who have been incarcerated and [who] have been shut out from basic dignity of housing, scholarships and others. And I think we've answered it in this bill.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 420sake said:

“This bill deals with decriminalizing, at a federal level, for possession and distribution — those simple points,” said Jackson Lee. “Let me be clear that we wanted to bring justice to thousands who have been incarcerated and [who] have been shut out from basic dignity of housing, scholarships and others. And I think we've answered it in this bill.”

That is a very important part to the bill and hopefully the senate passes it. Exciting times.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

What is actually happening locally... When are we getting the info on what we are now actually allowed..🙄

Same old - grow 5 plants at home and don't feed the kids dope.

It ain't makin money, the gubment has no interest. They basically pissing in the isles with private bills also vying for attention, but no action.

They not keen to break current payment patterns in the game ruled by Cele.

am not even going to start on the ppl ... bunch of pussies - everybody is happy with one skyf at home, so stfu ? happy to be dicktaterd too. Anyone for a vax?

• Haha 1