240W Quantum Board from Light It Up

highchome

I've been away from the forum for a bit, so first post in a while . Hi everyone :)

I just purchased a  240W Quantum Board from @Light It Up and I'm very exited to start using it. (Unfortunately I'm moving soon so I probably will have to wait two weeks before I actually can 😢)

The experience with @Light It Up was excellent. They answered questions before I had purchases and were quick and friendly. The delivery was amazingly fast and everything was packed really nicely. Very impressive. 

Once I've moved and setup a grow area I'll start a grow diary. I can't wait to see how much difference using proper lights makes.

I'm not sure how I'll know what to set the dimmer too. I'll take a look around and see if there is any info so long.

Here are some pics

Lights:

image.thumb.png.075938ba75831d358306b8ede032fe81.png

Heat sink:

image.png.eaa4ffa074b0028d20ff4503416a2dc9.png

Driver, dimmer and power meter display

image.png.de33d1440fc52b87193fa8bb8b49dbc5.png

Mounting wire & Rope Ratchets

image.png.7987b49e3f383e22de794e6262a5a726.png

Power meter with different dimmer settings (kak photos, sorry)

image.png.ec9f4664568f9fd185b49f40e4677c73.pngimage.png.7fcf0ce239841dac729eed3a539abcf7.png  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bakstein420 said:

Whats to test?

I geuss what I am asking, is hows the quality of the light, since my knowledge on the subject sits at zero as I have never personally used a LED light, never mind this specific one...😆 as I keep saying I am a complete newbie to this entire process and at this time I am basing a lot of my decisions on what you very knowledgeable people say and do.

TIA!

• Like 3

I geuss what I am asking, is hows the quality of the light, since my knowledge on the subject sits at zero as I have never personally used a LED light, never mind this specific one... as I keep saying I am a complete newbie to this entire process and at this time I am basing a lot of my decisions on what you very knowledgeable people say and do.
TIA!
I for one would love to have one of those lights.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I have had a look at the build quality of these lights and I am impressed at the sleek design and lekker meters and dimmers... It's all round a sweet deal. 

I bought some lights via light it up a while back but it was a bit more DIY than what they offer now... But the LED's are the same... 

And I am very happy! Changed my grow from zero to hero and intend on buying more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Wulf I think there is quite a bit of info on the forum about LEDs, hopefully that can help a bit.

What may help you here is to note that this light has "Samsung LM301B" LEDs and a "Meanwell XLG-240-H-AB" Driver. (The QB/Samsumg LEDs are very popular at the moment and I got them based on what people here have said). What is then unique to each provider is how its build, the heat sink, dimmer, power meter, hanging kits etc. The LM301B LEDs themselves are the same across the various providers, which means if you want to see how well they work for plants in general that is an easy way to do that (i.e. googling "samsumg quantum board" or "LM301B" etc).

I hope that helps :) 

@Wulf indeed :). However then its worth noting that the driver and LED used in this light is very well respected here on the forum and elsewhere. So if you are in a hurry you can assume that its a good product and only compare on price knowing its going to work well. (And for build quality and price... this is the best deal I've seen locally)

Good luck

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Quick update. I've done two grows now under the 240w QB and the difference in yield vs what I was getting in roughly the same space before is incredible. I think its probably a five times improvement with no other change, and that is using a less than 50% of the electricity I was before with the cheaper + DIY lights. I'm not sure 500% would be what everyone should expect, but a significant improvement seems a reasonable expectation.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Glad everyone is enjoying their lights from us - we have been making some slight improvements to the overall light, such as switching over to a new dimmer, changing the way the wiring runs to help keep the wiring a bit neater, ensuring the power supply is setup to prevent someone from giving their light more power than recommended and we will continue to improve where possible.

If anyone ever has any questions, please feel free to reach out to us - either here on the forum (can tag us in a post or drop us a PM, can even create a post under our vendor section on the forum) or via email or our website's contact us page.

We are happy to assist and give honest advice, our aim is to try and help the community and fellow growers. :-grooving

• Like 5

On 5/9/2021 at 11:25 AM, highchome said:

significant improvement seems a reasonable expectation

Just as a final follow up, this is the result from a 1x1m indoor grow area. I did not veg for particularly long, plants were ~30cm at time of flip. No real training, very low effort. So with a longer veg and better training I'm sure the yield would have been quite a bit higher.

image.png.e7120040cb72cd166ca727f306ddf44e.png

• Like 6