Orgasoilux soil

Anybody else experienced Orgasoilux being too hot? Transplanted two of my girls into Orgasoilux when they where around 20cm and am having what appears be to nutrient lock out. Leaves are yellowed with burnt tips, major stunted growth.

Been adding some Vermi pure worm tea and a dash of liquid kelp when watering.

Repotted into trusty Freedom Farms now. Hoping they will recover and not be too stunted.

Did I get a bad batch, common issue or am I missing something.

• Like 3

Will post some pictures when I can today. Honestly too embarrassed to do so. They look really bad, hoped they would recover themselves.

These two were the healthy and most vigorous of the seedlings. I planted the other two “runts” outdoor and they are doing great.

8 minutes ago, CreX said:

Mmm haven't seen anyone complain about that soil before. 

But it could be too hot as you say... 

I was at the local hydro shop yesterday, I asked if anybody has had issues with the soil. Two separate guys in the queue heard me and said the soil is great and they have never had any issues.

16 minutes ago, CreX said:

Maybe check the run off and see if you can see anything strange. 

PH? Thought that wouldn’t be an issue but will give it a go in any event. Never considered that before I repotted.😲

58 minutes ago, JeffVader said:

Anybody else experienced Orgasoilux being too hot? Transplanted two of my girls into Orgasoilux when they where around 20cm and am having what appears be to nutrient lock out. Leaves are yellowed with burnt tips, major stunted growth.

Been adding some Vermi pure worm tea and a dash of liquid kelp when watering.

Repotted into trusty Freedom Farms now. Hoping they will recover and not be too stunted.

Did I get a bad batch, common issue or am I missing something.

Also haven't ever heard anything to that effect. Kills me when that happens, can understand mixing medium can be expensive if you want to get the perfect consistency on scale. 

So when bad batches spoil the experience, it’s unfortunate. If you’ve  1 hundred percent singled down to the soil, then I would like to see the pics. I’ve been very interested in this soil for a while. Wanted to give it a go.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

If you’ve  1 hundred percent singled down to the soil, then I would like to see the pics.

Am totally not sure. Have always used Freedom Farms with Biobizz for tent grows and some outdoor directly in soil outside with great success. This is my first run using super soil's, could be me. Although I cannot see how.

6 hours ago, GGG said:

Check with Jamie himself, I can send you his nr?

I may just DM you for that am hoping to get opinions from others here before I go to that trouble, so far I am the only one that seems to be having this issue. 

So here's the horror show.

I use tap water I let settle for 24 hours before then add a small amendment of Vermipure tea, liquid kelp and on occasion some molasses come watering time.

Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_53_26.png

Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_53_11.png

Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_52_58.png

I may just DM you for that am hoping to get opinions from others here before I go to that trouble, so far I am the only one that seems to be having this issue. 
So here's the horror show.
I use tap water I let settle for 24 hours before then add a small amendment of Vermipure tea, liquid kelp and on occasion some molasses come watering time.

Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_53_26.thumb.png.a77c665724de599bd59b311bf43f4416.png
Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_53_11.thumb.png.62ae005f7e6bf6eba51d8423165b6db3.png
Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_52_58.thumb.png.fe4813590cd41c6ac81889940a209f67.png
Hey bud, sorry to hear about the bad luck.
I'm new to the indoor grow community although I've been growing outdoors for some time.
I stick to the KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule.
Started with CFL's and did the jump to a QB75 from@growopz within a few months. Have 2 more 300w Chinese blurples gifted by a friend. Lights sorted.
Next I made sure I had the correct soil. I use specially made propagation soil that I add perlite, vermiculite and coir.
Basics covered.
My plants look healthy.

I think what I'm trying to say is, if you have a soil manufactured to grow a particular plant, why would you want to add something to it. Yes, if you want to grow a cannibus cup bud, add all the feed you want providing you know what you doing.
I have good soil, my water is between 6.5-6.7 and my plants are happy.

Maybe do a test grow using no feed. You might just have the mother soil.

May be totally wrong, but hey.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

So i always grow in freedom farm classic and decided to do a run with Jamie's Organolux 

My plants are not looking good at all with leaves curling down like yours I use biobizz the same as i would with freedom 

This soil doesn't hold water the water just runs through 

I feed pH 6.1-6.2 and runoff is at 7.6 after a month of using it. 

I'm going back to freedom farm for sure 

I have most of my plants in his soil and they grow perfectly well. Without fertilizer. He's doing tests on his soil regularly and publicises these tests on his website contrary to most other soil producers. I hope the ones that claim it's a ph issue have actually tested it instead of guessing. I'd contact Jamie directly.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

I believe we are suffering from Iron deficiency due to high pH of the organolux soil

3 hours ago, Fridge said:

I have most of my plants in his soil and they grow perfectly well. Without fertilizer. He's doing tests on his soil regularly and publicises these tests on his website contrary to most other soil producers. I hope the ones that claim it's a ph issue have actually tested it instead of guessing. I'd contact Jamie directly.

I have repotted but still have some left in the bag, will do a runoff test later today. I will post here after contacting Jamie directly with the findings.

It would be great if the bags where marked with batch numbers to track this down. It's rare but not impossible that a bad batch comes through every once in a while, this is organic after all. 

My plan now is to take take clones from the outdoors which are a lot healthier. I don't want to loose this strain of cheese as the guy who gave it to me immigrated earlier this year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr. Green said:

IMG-20201116-WA0110.jpg

Yikes, quite a sight to see.

You've always had a beautiful canopy and a great looking grow.

Seems those who are happy with the soil are not using any nutes, so perhaps the soil has more amendments in it compared to the Freedom Farms soil and the addition of nutes is just too much for the plants?

@JeffVader please do keep us posted.

• Agree 2

@JeffVader, I think that's a great idea. I had ph issues with my own soilmix this year. Effed up big time there. Which is why I bought Jamie's soil for now. Used to grow in FF soil in the past and also never had an issue.

I took clones from my effected plants and put them into his soil. Now they look way better.

If it should be a bad batch of soil it's good to give feedback to Jamie so he can avoid what ever caused it in the future.

• Like 1

I used only ph water and biodyne first watering then 2 feeds of ph water only. I then introduced biobizz at 1ml per liter as the plants were struggling. 

Contacting Jamie won't give me the month + of veg wasted I might restart this run. Also the one time I did contact Jamie I got no response

Unfortunately I couldn't find the bag to test the run off. The the gardener or I may have used it or thrown it away, wasn't much in it.

I am considering a weak iron chelate foliar feed on the weekend. I will check her progress until then, before I do.

Organilux (pre-potting to FF):

Screenshot_2020-11-22_at_18_53_11.thumb.png.62ae005f7e6bf6eba51d8423165b6db3.png

5 days after transplanting to FF. Looking a lot better, still some issues on tips of new growth but i expected such with rootball still being mostly in Organilux.

image.thumb.png.ba4fb011a2956b8d76fe87e0c66486e7.png

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

@JeffVaderAre you using the vermipure with every water? You should only use it once a month as it is a vertilizer activator or even 5 weeks apart. 

I don’t think the soil is the issue, I think you have been misusing that tea. By constantly activating the soil you might end up in a result where your soil is too hot or that you PH is not balanced.

The soil doesn’t need much other than a bit of this at different stages of the grow. If you still wish to make use of the soil contact Jamie and ask him for the Dirty Hands inc. feeding guide, it helped me a lot.

my apologies if you already know this but main aspect of living soil is that the soil feeds the plants and not the water and by enriching your soil with every water it may have ended too hot

On 11/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, Dr. Green said:

I started watering more often as this soil doesn't hold water as I'm used to with freedom farm I also increase the nutrients and feeding it at 5.8ph now

She is looking a lot better I might be able to save her in time for flip

20201124_214011.jpg

That really sucks man, but I glad that they are recovering! 
I just picked up some of this growing medium today 🤦‍♂️  I should just stick to FF, why do I keep on doing this! 😂

3 hours ago, southern26 said:

That really sucks man, but I glad that they are recovering! 
I just picked up some of this growing medium today 🤦‍♂️  I should just stick to FF, why do I keep on doing this! 😂

I ended up putting this plant outside and started over as it showed problems again. Now have the same clone in ff classic and it's doing great