New 420SA Vendor - Light It Up

420SA

We're happy to welcome a new vendor to the 420SA family!

@Light It Up has joined us. You can find them in the Sponsor & Vendor Lounge under This Board

Light It Up is an online store which provides high quality, high efficiency, affordable, grow lights and accessories which are conveniently delivered straight to your door. Helping all growers light up their grow!

You can visit their website HERE

• Like 9

Welcome to the community!

Glad to hear customer service is a priority for you folks, its a foolproof way to cement yourselves in the industry & i wish would companies would realize this & follow suit.

All the best of luck & prosperity

Edited by Psylecta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

@Light It Up 😁 lets start with the welcome!

had a quick look... i guess you guys just setup?

QB288s... 2 options you offer right now. The single QB shows on the picture IR diodes. So the 3500k 660nm would work as grow board. Using just one for veg on a 1.2x1.2... is a bit "optimistic". I love QBs too, but they are not 'that' good 😁 the 3500k would be my second choice, care to elaborate why you offer only those?  Pure interest, the 3500k boards work, no argument here 😂

The dual board... yes you can hang one in a 2.4x1.2 tent, but that wouldnt be enough to actually light it 😉 calculate at least 3 boards, better 4, for a 1.2x1.2 meter space. The picture you use shows a board without IR and would no be useable as grow light for flower. Infra red is one of the mayor wave lenght needed.

Distances you provide are for germination, vegetative and flower state?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wulf said:

@Light It Up Hiya, Awesome to have you guys on board. 2 questions, will you guys be having any black Friday specials?

AlsoI am a newbie so pardon the ignorance, the 240w light you have, how many plants can one have under that light?

TIA

Hi Wulf,

We will be having some Black Friday specials - keep an eye on our vendor board for more details.

The 240w light, it would depend on the size of plants and the tent. We would say around 4 to 5 average sized indoor plants however we have seen some squeeze 6 plants under a 240W light and achieve decent results. It would work well in a 1.2m x 0.6m tent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Prom said:

@Light It Up 😁 lets start with the welcome!

had a quick look... i guess you guys just setup?

QB288s... 2 options you offer right now. The single QB shows on the picture IR diodes. So the 3500k 660nm would work as grow board. Using just one for veg on a 1.2x1.2... is a bit "optimistic". I love QBs too, but they are not 'that' good 😁 the 3500k would be my second choice, care to elaborate why you offer only those?  Pure interest, the 3500k boards work, no argument here 😂

The dual board... yes you can hang one in a 2.4x1.2 tent, but that wouldnt be enough to actually light it 😉 calculate at least 3 boards, better 4, for a 1.2x1.2 meter space. The picture you use shows a board without IR and would no be useable as grow light for flower. Infra red is one of the mayor wave lenght needed.

Distances you provide are for germination, vegetative and flower state?

Hi Prom,

For now we are only offering the 120W and 240W light options as we feel this is what majority of growers would be interested in. We will consider expanding and offering some larger lights if there is demand, if you are interested in a larger Quantum Board light let us know and we could bring some in for you with our next order.

Our boards do not have any IR diodes. I believe IR can lead to plants stretching, much like Far Red.

We believe one does not require IR in order to flower cannabis, we as well as many other growers have done so successfully without LEDs and no IR. If you feel it adds benefit though, that may be the case and we are happy to assist and look at bringing in some lights with IR diodes.

We would like to offer 3000K boards as well however there have been stock issues with the Samsung diodes and we were unable to get the 3000K boards with our last order from the manufacturer unfortunately. The 3500K is often seen as a happy medium for both veg and flower, although we know many use 3000K for both veg and flower as well without issues.

We agree with you regarding the number of lights required for a 1.2m x 1.2m tent. 3 to 4 QB288 (360w to 480w) would be ideal. With that being said you can still achieve good results with fewer lights.

We understand that setting up an indoor grow can be quite expensive and some may choose to start with a single light and add additional lights later on when they are able to. We have updated the foot print for our lights, the previous figures were incorrect. The footprints do not necessarily mean it will provide the ideal amount of usable PPF for such an area, it is more a guide as to what is the maximum area one should considering having the light in.

If anyone require any assistance, guidance or are unsure as to how much light they will require they are welcome to reach out to us.

This website also has a nice grow light calculator which can assist someone in finding the optimal amount of light required for their grow area.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/ 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum @Light It Up😄 

@Prom majority of LED lights do not have Infra Red. None of my QBs have IR diodes on them and I have not had any issues.

I have some boards with 660nm diodes but I cannot notice any difference between the plants grown under the QBs with 660nm diodes and the QBs with just the plain 3000k diodes... Although I know this is 660nm and not IR.

What difference have you noticed with the IR? What benefits does it have over QBs without IR?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Light It Up said:

Hi Prom,

For now we are only offering the 120W and 240W light options as we feel this is what majority of growers would be interested in. We will consider expanding and offering some larger lights if there is demand, if you are interested in a larger Quantum Board light let us know and we could bring some in for you with our next order.

Our boards do not have any IR diodes. I believe IR can lead to plants stretching, much like Far Red.

We believe one does not require IR in order to flower cannabis, we as well as many other growers have done so successfully without LEDs and no IR. If you feel it adds benefit though, that may be the case and we are happy to assist and look at bringing in some lights with IR diodes.

We would like to offer 3000K boards as well however there have been stock issues with the Samsung diodes and we were unable to get the 3000K boards with our last order from the manufacturer unfortunately. The 3500K is often seen as a happy medium for both veg and flower, although we know many use 3000K for both veg and flower as well without issues.

We agree with you regarding the number of lights required for a 1.2m x 1.2m tent. 3 to 4 QB288 (360w to 480w) would be ideal. With that being said you can still achieve good results with fewer lights.

We understand that setting up an indoor grow can be quite expensive and some may choose to start with a single light and add additional lights later on when they are able to. We have updated the foot print for our lights, the previous figures were incorrect. The footprints do not necessarily mean it will provide the ideal amount of usable PPF for such an area, it is more a guide as to what is the maximum area one should considering having the light in.

If anyone require any assistance, guidance or are unsure as to how much light they will require they are welcome to reach out to us.

This website also has a nice grow light calculator which can assist someone in finding the optimal amount of light required for their grow area.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-calculator/ 

As in everything, to much isn't good. Yes, to much IR will harm your plants, but it isn't also on the same scale with LED as it was with HID systems. The heat radiation (IR is part of it) is way more intense. So if you use the right distance and the right amount of IR, it will benefit your grow, as IR helps the plant by stimulating photosynthesis, growth and flowering, among other needed processes in the plant. If you use lights without IR (yes, works) and reach the top of your tent.. no need for IR. But if you reach with IR plant size around 1.20 to 1.50 meter.. they would be smaller without IR. I avoid UV.. and read some articles in the last months, that I might even have to revise that opinion. But UVA seems to be beneficial to potency, were UVC and UVB are harmful. I look to get 315-400nm diodes and test that ^^ But then again.. IR stimulates raisin production too.. at least to my knowing ^^

For now I stick with my 3000k 660nm QB288s (have 8 in use).. and reach 2 to 2.5g per watt.

@PsyCLown the IR range starts around the 700nm, you can count the 660 in.. as it is part of the radiation handling some vital processes in the plant.

There are some strains.. very hungry for IR during flowering.. any OG Kush or SDs thrive best with. And to my knowing IR is one of the best to interact with the phytochromes, which are special light receptors and regulate essential processes like plant stem growth, how the leaves expand and flowering.

I don't tell people what to use.. me for my part.. I always use boards with IR on them. 😁

I wrote a little guide not to long ago:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Prom said:

As in everything, to much isn't good. Yes, to much IR will harm your plants, but it isn't also on the same scale with LED as it was with HID systems. The heat radiation (IR is part of it) is way more intense. So if you use the right distance and the right amount of IR, it will benefit your grow, as IR helps the plant by stimulating photosynthesis, growth and flowering, among other needed processes in the plant. If you use lights without IR (yes, works) and reach the top of your tent.. no need for IR. But if you reach with IR plant size around 1.20 to 1.50 meter.. they would be smaller without IR. I avoid UV.. and read some articles in the last months, that I might even have to revise that opinion. But UVA seems to be beneficial to potency, were UVC and UVB are harmful. I look to get 315-400nm diodes and test that ^^ But then again.. IR stimulates raisin production too.. at least to my knowing ^^

For now I stick with my 3000k 660nm QB288s (have 8 in use).. and reach 2 to 2.5g per watt.

@PsyCLown the IR range starts around the 700nm, you can count the 660 in.. as it is part of the radiation handling some vital processes in the plant.

There are some strains.. very hungry for IR during flowering.. any OG Kush or SDs thrive best with. And to my knowing IR is one of the best to interact with the phytochromes, which are special light receptors and regulate essential processes like plant stem growth, how the leaves expand and flowering.

I don't tell people what to use.. me for my part.. I always use boards with IR on them. 😁

I wrote a little guide not to long ago:

Enjoyed this guide, really good info. People want to make the most out of their growing experience. big up! @Prom with Led’s Versatility is NB ☝🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1