Outdoor/ Lights Hybrid Grow - Lights and more

GrowNoob

As my name suggests im a totally "new" at this.

- if you don't want to read all my BS this is my question.

My question is - What BUDGET Seedling, Veg to Flower Light including to be sufficient for a auto?. I am planning on growing X1 Auto and then X3 photo in a semi hybrid environment. The auto i want to keep under the light and control the conditions. Then the X3 photos will be outdoor grows then move them into the light to ensure I get enough light on them to get to 16hrs.  Im testing a few things before i go buy proper seeds. So the photos will be moves into the sun during the day and lets say at 6pm moved into the light.

MY current base setup.

My Test Bench currently I received a few random seeds to test germination into the seedling stage.

I successfully germinated them and they now moving into their second and third proper leaf grows. I'm transplanting them to 1L pots this weekend.  X2 of them have been transplanted each in different grow mediums to make sure they don't just die after transplant.

Ive bought FF and Just Cannabis grow mediums. I like to test things. The bunch of seedlings will be split into 3. 100% FF then 100%JC then a 50/50 hybrid between the two, yes mix them.

From there Ive bought 20L FF fabric pots that will be their last home, also got a temp and humidity reader then a basic analogue moisture/ph/temp probe thing.

All this is in prep for to actually buy proper seeds. We don't want to spend money on expensive things and not know how to drive them .

The challenges I have so far I narrowed it down to lighting.

From the seedlings popping up there was a little stretching and the seedlings just struggled to grow.

I then built a small DIY lighbox just to help them a little with a 1ft fluorescent tube and a few led lights, which sped them up a little. When they were strong enough it was time for them to venture outside. They kept in a low profile plastic container mostly to protect them from the wind. yes its open at the top.

Ive transplanted X2 seedlings into 1L pots to test witch Grow medium is "best" i'm not sure i'm going to see a clear winner here.

Now im starting to plan to buy proper seeds but need to nail the lighting.

X3 photo seeds for a Hybrid grow outdoors and indoors under light when light is insufficient.

X1 Auto to be grown fully under light - I understand they can be temperamental.

What BUDGET Seedling, Veg to Flower Light including to be sufficient for a auto?

Having enough light spread for X4 plants FROM SEEDLING TO VEG TO FLOWERING.

Budget is a broad word - but im not spending 10k to 20k on a light, prolly anything around the 3k mark to be will be comfortable.

Thanks.

As my name suggests im a totally "new" at this.
- if you don't want to read all my BS this is my question.
My question is - What BUDGET Seedling, Veg to Flower Light including to be sufficient for a auto?. I am planning on growing X1 Auto and then X3 photo in a semi hybrid environment. The auto i want to keep under the light and control the conditions. Then the X3 photos will be outdoor grows then move them into the light to ensure I get enough light on them to get to 16hrs.  Im testing a few things before i go buy proper seeds. So the photos will be moves into the sun during the day and lets say at 6pm moved into the light.
MY current base setup.
My Test Bench currently I received a few random seeds to test germination into the seedling stage.
I successfully germinated them and they now moving into their second and third proper leaf grows. I'm transplanting them to 1L pots this weekend.  X2 of them have been transplanted each in different grow mediums to make sure they don't just die after transplant.
Ive bought FF and Just Cannabis grow mediums. I like to test things. The bunch of seedlings will be split into 3. 100% FF then 100%JC then a 50/50 hybrid between the two, yes mix them.
From there Ive bought 20L FF fabric pots that will be their last home, also got a temp and humidity reader then a basic analogue moisture/ph/temp probe thing.
All this is in prep for to actually buy proper seeds. We don't want to spend money on expensive things and not know how to drive them .
The challenges I have so far I narrowed it down to lighting.
From the seedlings popping up there was a little stretching and the seedlings just struggled to grow.
I then built a small DIY lighbox just to help them a little with a 1ft fluorescent tube and a few led lights, which sped them up a little. When they were strong enough it was time for them to venture outside. They kept in a low profile plastic container mostly to protect them from the wind. yes its open at the top.
Ive transplanted X2 seedlings into 1L pots to test witch Grow medium is "best" i'm not sure i'm going to see a clear winner here.
Now im starting to plan to buy proper seeds but need to nail the lighting.
X3 photo seeds for a Hybrid grow outdoors and indoors under light when light is insufficient.
X1 Auto to be grown fully under light - I understand they can be temperamental.
What BUDGET Seedling, Veg to Flower Light including to be sufficient for a auto?
Having enough light spread for X4 plants FROM SEEDLING TO VEG TO FLOWERING.
Budget is a broad word - but im not spending 10k to 20k on a light, prolly anything around the 3k mark to be will be comfortable.
Thanks.

Hey bud. Check out @growopz and@Master_G (phoenix lights I think).

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@DamDave ive had a look at  bothbthose suppliers and they have lifyts that look promicing. Tbh and blunt im not technical with lights and there is a lack of really noob info

@PsyClown im in  no hurry i had a long look on amazon today and i must say the quantum boards had me interested really quick. 

My test bench babies are still small but ill get the light if the right deal pops up. After that i just need a decent ph amd thc pen. I think then im set to get premium seeds. Then need to get biobizz too.. i currently have seagrow as my first test fertilizer. 

• Like 1

What up @GrowNoob 3k is not a budget light bro. 3k is a great light. When reffering to a quantum board.

That would be a fantastic light to get u through many entire grows.

If u do a DIY on a QB. It should land you about 3k for 240w board.

Budget lights are normally under a grand. And then u get super budget. Like me😅. Under 500 . But my light osint full spectrum.

Btw . I love the experimenting idea and trying the soils with side by side grows. Would love to see the results. Keep us updated.

Edited by afternoon blazer
  • Like 2

Right just an update.

The babies were transplanted and doing well.

However i got a teen from a friend thst has a small history to it. This one now is struggling the leaves always seem droopy and now showing signs of pests. The fan leaves are super small. 

I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with two issues here. One being pest.. looks like spider mites. The other overwatering or some nutrient problem. Please comment i think this will be some good school fees for me. 

20201116_061747.jpg

20201116_061840.jpg

20201116_061826.jpg

Hi, to me it looks like overwatering (as you already suspect) and fungus gnats. Fungus gnats love moist soil. How heavy does the container feel? You can sprinkel diatomaceous earth onto your soil against the fungus gnats. I would also dry out the soil a bit which should solve both problems.

I let it dry to super dry last 2 days. Gave it a sprinkle of water today. Maybe 1L for that whole pot. Pot was pretty light today. 

Dont have that earth u speaking of ill look into it. 

Ill run it drier for the next few days. Stalks seem strong..new veg looks healthy but it just won't put size on the plant and leaves.