Sickly lady

CG420za

Ahoy ladies and gents.

So I have recently had to halt my grow due to PM. I've given up on trying to save the bulk of the plants, just too much PT. It's a shame that I've lost so many kwaai strains though. One of the plants that were least affected seems to have a different issue now. Any ideas what it could be?

I removed this one from the tent on 26/10. Did a major defol and then bombed her once with H202 @ 3% strength. I rinsed with clean water the following day.

26/10 - Before defol and H202
usmmU3R.jpg

28/10 - After defol and H202
wcup4As.jpg

02/11 - The issue
qDgLtYI.jpg
AuCCrep.jpg

No signs of mites, webs or any other bugs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Looks really similar to thrips or mite damage. I can't see a def causing that. Strange that you see no sign of any bugs. 

Yep, I haven't seen this issue before? I doubt it could've been the h202 coz it's appearing on the new growth as well.

• Like 1

agreed on a pest issue.

that doesnt quite look like thrip damage, more whitefly or spidermites.

funny enough i battled to notice whiteflies more than i battled to notice thrips so just check for that... whitefly like the underside of the leaves

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could be microscopic like rust mites, or worst case some virus. (Would be more deformed leaves in both cases tho)

Could be you had spidermites but ladybirds or other benificials pulled in and had a feast.

New growth aight?

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Señor Flavors said:

Which water source are you using ? Tap water ? Also, might be deficiency ? Slow amendments or water nutes ? I’m new to the town. Find me on Instagram: tanzenmusic thanks 

Tap water and biobizz nutes.

2 hours ago, Dank said:

Could be microscopic like rust mites, or worst case some virus. (Would be more deformed leaves in both cases tho)

Could be you had spidermites but ladybirds or other benificials pulled in and had a feast.

New growth aight?

Nah, never had any sort of mites or lady bugs in the area. Its been pretty bugless. The new growth is spotty as well. Lower leaves went yellow then fell off.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, CreX said:

any of your other ladies experiencing this?

No sir, she is the only one.

Small rundown, I had 2 big girls in the tent along with 17 clones. One of the clones received had PM (which i didn't notice) and it spread to the big girls. Took them all out and now they live outside. Proceeded to spray the lot with apple cider vinegar. That didn't help, so i moved on to h202. Sprayed all the plants once. PM is gone, but now i'm struggling with this one. Completely clueless.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Did the spots only appear after spraying the plant with Apple cider vinegar & H202 or was it there before?

It appeared after the H202. But only om this one plant.

6 hours ago, CreX said:

maybe take a few cuttings incase she doesnt come right.

but it legit looks like bug damage... do you have a microscope to get a close up of the damage?

I dunno if I wanna take cuttings from this one, considering she had PM... No microscope, but I can try a few shots through the loup tomorrow.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CG420za said:

Ok guys, I've checked everywhere. No signs of pests. I get the occasional dragon fly or bee, but that's it. Maybe something in the soil? Could it be leaf septoria?

Topside
VwbBH1k.jpg

Underside of the same leaf
uWiVrcD.jpg

I think you spot on with the disease Septoria, at first I though it could have been bugs but if you cant find them, I doubt they are there causing that type of harm, very consistent spots on the leaves. I think just trying to get her healthier would be the best fix.  

But having said that the plant looks very big and lush! might be drawing plenty nutrients from that soil and she grows, so maybe bomb her with a huge tea, good dose humic and fulvic - Humic/fulvic + kelp foliar will better yet get straight into the vascular system and does wonders with curing any deficiencies quite fast... 

Goodluck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awe, microscope would be the next step, also keep in mind a virus would not show, just rust mites and co.

I would seperate her from the rest. (you mightve done this already)

Next try not to use any tools that were used on her without disinfecting them. (You prob know all this, just jotting em down incase)

Last thing, have you had a look at the root system? See if there's weird nodules, or weird molds, slimy sections, etc. Just to rule out root issues.

Good luck @CG420za 🍀

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the input guys. Nothing weird happening at the roots @Dank. And she drinks more than the other lady. 5L nute mix every 2nd to 3rd day. Her growth hasn't slowed down, but the spots are unsightly. I managed to snap a few shots through the loup this morning. Sadly that's as good as it's gonna get.

@ORGANinc., the reason why I suspect leaf septoria is coz there are no critters. Also, the symptoms are the same, apart from the brown spots they speak of. I've compared the pics from google and alot of them look just like mine. But the bulk of the pics have brown spotting as well.

Older leaf
6Fyv5Xu.jpg

Older leaf underside
jABOmhQ.jpg

Newer leaf
YRkC4AQ.jpg

Newer leaf underside
yCOXmSg.jpg

Anyone have a tested recipe for insecticidal soap?

• Like 1

Not sure if its dust / dirt but there are some dark spots and light spots on the leaf.

The front of the new leaf in particular, those small white partciles... WTF is that?
Also where the spots are, it looks as if the top layer of the leaf is not quite there - as if something has eaten through it / burnt it.

I do not know what it is or might be, however if it were me in the situation I'd try give the plant a spray to see whether it helps at all or not.

Coppersoap sounds like a good choice as it is a fungicide. I might even consider pyrol as well for just incase, although not sure it will help.

I do not think it is leaf septoria, however being a fungus the coppersoap should help if it is.

• Agree 1