Proms Little Tent

Prom

As Eskom prices just went up, I also work on an idea to reduce electricity cost. Use the inliner more effective to shift air inside the tent. Not sure it will work as planned, but didn't cost much ^^ Also, is for autos the setup, not clones. Are just half the QBs visible, I add the other 50% when they go veg and running.

1138389567_airintake.thumb.jpg.4be569b646667243c7f472bd6eca9d58.jpg

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1

15 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I am glad you enjoy that one. I only go around to flowering that plant now. Se is in week 9 of flower. Should harvest this weekend. The pic is from a couple of weeks ago.

B6C73C91-2022-4D4C-91BE-3F75A461CEBF.jpeg

Is the find of this year for me so far.. and rather sure she will stay No1.. hard to beat. Love the weed.. i have a batch running and wanna check late harvest. 

Also on the final selection steps of the Lemon OG Haze.. might have found a winner.. not like a sour drops ^^ but smell and taste was clear defined on 1 plant. Final batch clones will tell me if I keep the mother or dump it. 

• Like 2

Insane in the Prombrain 🤓🤪 

16499272202526232962173336145646.thumb.jpg.88bc2ecdac7ea9b97389c0bd3f3e0a84.jpg

Running on 200 to 350 micromole PAR light, dropped seeds last Saturday. Best coverage i got with 8 QBs on 100%, hang very high 

Edited by Prom
added some useful information
  • Like 5
  • Wow 2
  • Fire! 2

This is more off topic 😂

Man i hate CoolIdeas, the internet service provider. Moving all off, what a bunch of useless morons they have in support. 🤣 i have seen some incompetent techs... those guys beat them by light years. They dont understand the word "today" and use it way to often. 🖕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ill_Evan said:

Afrihost bought them last year. Now they suck 😒

Have me a good one? i struggle to find one not even messing up installation, the most standard procedure there should be. I just picture i have a real issue. 9 days of 'today' just to much 😂

• Like 1

Thanks, i check em out. Last i tried was RSAWeb. Had to click "Activate my fiber line", ended with an error to please write email to support, with the email address provided to contact. Did that twice, 4 days ago 🤪 one response came back to please define more accurate, what my problem is. Network, billing,...?

Just wrote back: with which of the three words they have a problem understanding? The word "Activation", the word "not" or the word "working". 😛 i hate it, when they not even read your mail at all. there was no error code, just "Woopsie!". Woopsie cost em a customer signing up for 2 1000/200 lines.

i worked in the internet business 35 years ago... have to grin rather often when in contact with a SA ISP.

• Fire! 1

19 hours ago, Prom said:

Thanks, i check em out. Last i tried was RSAWeb. Had to click "Activate my fiber line", ended with an error to please write email to support, with the email address provided to contact. Did that twice, 4 days ago 🤪 one response came back to please define more accurate, what my problem is. Network, billing,...?

Just wrote back: with which of the three words they have a problem understanding? The word "Activation", the word "not" or the word "working". 😛 i hate it, when they not even read your mail at all. there was no error code, just "Woopsie!". Woopsie cost em a customer signing up for 2 1000/200 lines.

i worked in the internet business 35 years ago... have to grin rather often when in contact with a SA ISP.

Vodacom ISP. No issues

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

How many do you have in that tent? When are you going to make your own seeds?

When i get regular seeds  i make my own seeds. Right now i buy the seeds. This batch is Nirvana. 25 seeds per 1.2x1.2 area. Had 96 from 100 to pop and sort out depending on growing strength. Full tent, want to see if i can reach 1.5kg dry per square meter. Doing my homework for the coffeeshop i want to open when legalized, see where i stand, what my climate control can handle. New location, had to build setup new.

• Like 2
  • Fire! 1

3 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Vodacom ISP. No issues

i send them a msg and see how fast they answer. Home Connect didnt answer yet.

Did, they are very limited in contact options. Internet Service Provider you cant contact over the internet 🤐 we implemented click and call options for websites 28 years ago. Vodacom can even terminate voice, is there main business but offer no client services to contact them beside a phone number, tells you right away, fiber has no priority in their company, is just a side kick. Help desk couldnt even connect me to the fiber guys, just gave phone number to call. I just see a nightmare coming my way, if i need support on that contract.

Edited by Prom
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Prom said:

i send them a msg and see how fast they answer. Home Connect didnt answer yet.

Did, they are very limited in contact options. Internet Service Provider you cant contact over the internet 🤐 we implemented click and call options for websites 28 years ago. Vodacom can even terminate voice, is there main business but offer no client services to contact them beside a phone number, tells you right away, fiber has no priority in their company, is just a side kick. Help desk couldnt even connect me to the fiber guys, just gave phone number to call. I just see a nightmare coming my way, if i need support on that contract.

I have no issues with them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lets skip those ISP's ^^ Friend just went to WebAfrica.. you can't open a ticket without having Whats App installed (not using any facebook products myself) so can't give her support. I tried for an hour on her Whats App to get hold of a technician telling me her login so I can install a proper router, the thingy they send is just junk 😂 Try Monday again while she has troubles connecting further as 4 meter from the thingy.

Plants ^^ Autos doing what Autos do... today is last day week 7. Tallest plants center and the smaller ones to the outside towards the 4 entries. WW's clear smaller as the rest, top left plants. Have 49% humidity inside right now.

Autos.thumb.jpg.2a770404cbfc9ec497f0455b5165e190.jpg

I am very happy when this experiment is over.. had every single plant out yesterday to check for any PM and cleaning yellow or dried up leaves... so far so good. My ventilation keeping up so far but it gets crowded ^^ Looking forward to shut down for a bit, need a break, also fly to Europe for a few months August on. Like last year, not planting anything outdoor anyhow.

WW's are ahead in flowering. GSC's are the tallest plants so far. Blue Dream the 'weakest' over all, might be temp wise. I reach 28 over day, April even had a few times over 30. The WW's also don't stretch to much and are perfect for such a mass grow. 

ww.thumb.jpg.3015c979011bc07a8f5d3c1bf7151f34.jpg

Is what you call a dress friendly plant ^^ WW's should be done in 2-3 weeks. 10 - 11 weeks total. Lets see ^^ I thought the Blue Dream would be the fastest... I was wrong 😉 or they do something i never saw.. or weather goes very wet and all ends in a white nightmare 😂 I knock on wood, so far so good. Hope I have one more month before the rain starts to go nasty.

Edited by Prom
week 7 not week 8.. can't read my own agenda
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Fire! 4

I miss TopMax but what can you do if there is none ^^

Very happy when this experiment is over. Doable, but there is nothing relaxing growing that tent. Added another fan center top down.. simply needed but also a few more kwh on the bill.

Had out every single plant yesterday and did a clean out again. I had a small spot on a Blue Cheese, PM, so all plants got a spray with Serenade. Should sort any further issues but I also did something I wouldn't have done otherwise, I cleaned out the lower parts, removed the weak nodes. Lets see if they show me the finger for that.

Other thing I learned are the pots.. i hate them. Couldn't get my old design (why do they always swap pot design anyhow? ^^).

Asked at the grow shop for 10 L square soil pots. Got handed this.

1688165308_kakpots.thumb.jpg.f8de808454b4fef321d5c957add295aa.jpg

The guy in the shop uses them himself, they work awesome. His words. I had the fear to have to much run off but the 2cm raise also wouldn't let em stand in the soup. Oh would I have finished the thought, wouldn't have bought those pots. 

As long as the soil is moist, it kinda works, but as soon as it gets rather dry.. i like to do that from time to time, those pots don't work anymore as is just way to much running through the pot. That much, that you have to feed more often in smaller steps. A lot more work.. double at least. Usually never have to clean up the tray.. with those pots i have to. The more air on the bottom was just too tempting but doesn't work once the soil is dry. Hydro setup with expanded clay pebbles i see them work perfect. Would go Fabric pots before I use those pots again.. and don't like them as you need 2 hands to handle one fabric pot. Plastic pots I can handle 1 with 1 hand.

And as there is no TopMax.. very curious if I reach the desired dry amount pre square meter area. If I do.. might have wasted some money the last years 😂 the stuff isn't cheap. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Prom said:

And as there is no TopMax.. very curious if I reach the desired dry amount pre square meter area. If I do.. might have wasted some money the last years 😂 the stuff isn't cheap.

I have maybe one more grow left where I can still use the full Biobizz range but after that I am just going to just use the Fish Mix, Gro and Bloom with maybe the addition of some Fire Juice during flower. 

Then after that I am going to try the Talborne route. 

I think we will collectively all have a very good idea about Biobizz within the next year I rate. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I have maybe one more grow left where I can still use the full Biobizz range but after that I am just going to just use the Fish Mix, Gro and Bloom with maybe the addition of some Fire Juice during flower. 

Then after that I am going to try the Talborne route. 

I think we will collectively all have a very good idea about Biobizz within the next year I rate. 

Do you get the stuff in SA now? Checked 2 years ago into it, is the stuff MrCanuk, or how ever he is spelled, is using, or? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Prom said:

Do you get the stuff in SA now? Checked 2 years ago into it, is the stuff MrCanuk, or how ever he is spelled, is using, or? 

Fire Juice is Freedom Farms and Talborne you can get from Leroy Merlin.

Mr Canuk uses Gaia Green products. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

Fire Juice is Freedom Farms and Talborne you can get from Leroy Merlin.

Mr Canuk uses Gaia Green products. 

Thanks! Those Gaia Green products you don't get in SA? 

• Like 1