Proms Little Tent

Prom

16 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

Hi CreX.  

I primarily only clone with tops due to the mainline that I run. No special process and close to 100% rooting success rate.

I cut the tops and keep them in water for a couple of minutes till I am done with the one plant. I then use Dynaroot rooting powder and dip the stem in it. (My rooting powder is also probably 6 to 7 years old) Then over to peat cubes. 

I do remove quite a lot of leaves and any nodes that are above the cut so as to allow for a smaller leaf foot print. If the stem is relatively big the rooting might just take a little bit longer.

The Twisted Helix cut that I gave @PsyCLown was a top cutting. 

Thanks man, i generally do exactly that, down to sitting in water and using 6 year old dynaroot LOL, i find the hollow stems of the tops often lead to the stem going soggy from some bacterial infection or something, so i add a few drops of h2o2 to my cup of water that they sit in for a few min... that seems to make a good difference, but its not fool proof.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, CreX said:

Thanks man, i generally do exactly that, down to sitting in water and using 6 year old dynaroot LOL, i find the hollow stems of the tops often lead to the stem going soggy from some bacterial infection or something, so i add a few drops of h2o2 to my cup of water that they sit in for a few min... that seems to make a good difference, but its not fool proof.

The RH in the dome plays a big role. I followed your advise of lowering it by leaving the lid slightly ajar as my dome doesn't have any vents. 

When I used this process the rooting success ratio moved from the odd 90% to 100%

The tops that I clone with are also relatively small reaching about 10 to 15 cm. With about one to two nodes above the cut that I fully remove with only the top tip remaining and those fan leaves at the tip getting a proper trim down. I also don't really mist or spray my dome too much within that 2 week period probably only about 4 to 6 times after the first initial spray down.

Happy cloning my friend and hoping this little bit of input can help you knock those top cuttings out of the park

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you keep the dome closed or unventilated, your clones dont need roots, they get what they need from the air, as it so moist.

You can close it off in the first 24h and then slowly open or vent, more and more, so they seek food. 

Making roots 

I use old Dynaroot, and have 100% rate, and also not to leave them in water for long, just dip and go...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

And the Lemon OG Haze 1 September, still in week 4. Getting 1ml Fish-Mix/Grow per liter and 2ml Amino Boost per 10 liter.

Will Mainline the batch to 16 mains on each plant and attack the 1 KG dry per square meter (450 watts on a 1.2x1.2)... and as ambitious as I am.. I want to reach 1.5KG 😁

1145900469_1September.thumb.jpg.232d72efcefa91a4db19969109d917ce.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The Lemon OG Haze

No1 died after the second training snips, no clue why, roots and all looked rather developed

38301542_No1died.thumb.jpg.a4ac54c6c2e719acb05c56bdfdec123f.jpg

Rest is fine and most are on 8 mains so far, rest follows tomorrow. Thursday the first should go 16, then I start sorting and pot up to a 10L pot and install a screen for each. Not going 22L this time, check the outcome in pots I use for Autos usually.

253121793_13Sept.thumb.jpg.d4985d04004452fc625a248bde789109.jpg

1882648025_8mains.thumb.jpg.fdc685ccf3224560cd5e788669bd6021.jpg

Cones from Plant 5 and 6 already rooted very strong... i always have some nice and fast rooters.. and the rest just needs those 2 weeks. No idea why.. and I seem not to be able to figure out what i do right and wrong. Perhaps genetic.. will check that on a second batch of clones I take from the clones. If 5 and 6 root again super fast, that could solve my puzzle.

1070725648_5and6rooted.thumb.jpg.6fa1cab7f504d4f0740b32b5d9c934f4.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry ^^ Puppies.. amazing how much they can keep you busy.. OK.. and played some New World with friends.. but the Lemon OG Haze went on growing ^^

The 12 plants are on a 1x1 area.. please ignore the Slurricane, is just parked at the side (1.2x1.2 tray) as I have no room in my dark area. Will move in 3 days and doesn't count towards the result in any way 😁 Lemon OG Haze are all mainlined to 16 main colas.. the outside ones just had other ideas about growing speed.. still middle flowering. All need support to keep standing.

206900095_6Nov.thumb.jpg.af0d2b1386a624469ca5e87c58d548bc.jpg

My Gelato (Orange Sherbet (Auto) & Thin Mint Cookie (Photo)) is after 6 weeks more or less done, fading hard. Haze I have set for first week December.

667933420_DSC_1522(2).thumb.JPG.b9dd384defc97690ea4364da4376211b.JPG

• Like 2
  • Fire! 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Time to catch up a bit. Due to the puppies my time was so low, that I didn't invest enough time in the tray of Lemon OG Haze. But we did the smoke test and 2 plants made it in the next round. I give those a bit a better run and see if there is "more" Lemon coming out. I wasn't to happy, even with the 2 winners.. I expected more.

To see how far I can get.. I made a tray of JetFuel. 16 clones on a 1.2x1.2.. and see how much I get out.. I used a screen to make my life more simple and less time consuming.. watering is just a mission as I didn't tray feed.. humidity was to high, didn't wanted to add more moisture.

photo5953937842336019985.thumb.jpg.d6d975ec2394a3028cb023c6a4d339cd.jpg

Have a tray with Gelato and Slurricane beside, looking good too 😊

photo5953937842336019983.thumb.jpg.e55e7f563810ce9b5fe0d11d8f3dd76e.jpgphoto5953937842336019984.thumb.jpg.39b7c94223f133a5b87a666767a4e4ec.jpg

Also want to give @Bay Seeds a big Thumbs Up (This one: 👍) @Stinger96 left me a bud of his Strawberry Vostok and a pack of Regular Autos.. the bud was so nice and tasty.. I put the Regs over right away. There was a clear taste of Strawberry.. amazing! 😎 Their grow behavior was a bit poor.. but I had em outside at the start. Will do a nice run of more soon, if the second taste is as sexy.. I have a strain I want to keep. Local starts to impress more and more :-rollitup

If you look for a Auto to try and cant make up your mind.. look no further 😉 give the Strawberry Vostok a chance... we smoke tested a few strains that evening.. the Strawberry Vosok won by a mile.

Late addon: You saw that Eskom wants to raise price 1 April by 20.5%? 

Edited by Prom
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Prom said:

If you look for a Auto to try and cant make up your mind.. look no further 😉 give the Strawberry Vostok a chance... we smoke tested a few strains that evening.. the Strawberry Vosok won by a mile.

I took mine and made some rosin, honestly the best tasting Auto strain I had grown so far, I was a bit disappointed by the Russian Fuel as the one I had going just tasted like weed (but then again I grew my plants in a mix of red clay dirt and coco coir). 

I bought a buddy of mine a pack of the Jessica Rabbit Autos and he was telling me the terps are off the charts compared to the other auto's he has going.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Prom said:

Time to catch up a bit. Due to the puppies my time was so low, that I didn't invest enough time in the tray of Lemon OG Haze. But we did the smoke test and 2 plants made it in the next round. I give those a bit a better run and see if there is "more" Lemon coming out. I wasn't to happy, even with the 2 winners.. I expected more.

To see how far I can get.. I made a tray of JetFuel. 16 clones on a 1.2x1.2.. and see how much I get out.. I used a screen to make my life more simple and less time consuming.. watering is just a mission as I didn't tray feed.. humidity was to high, didn't wanted to add more moisture.

photo5953937842336019985.thumb.jpg.d6d975ec2394a3028cb023c6a4d339cd.jpg

Have a tray with Gelato and Slurricane beside, looking good too 😊

photo5953937842336019983.thumb.jpg.e55e7f563810ce9b5fe0d11d8f3dd76e.jpgphoto5953937842336019984.thumb.jpg.39b7c94223f133a5b87a666767a4e4ec.jpg

Also want to give @Bay Seeds a big Thumbs Up (This one: 👍) @Stinger96 left me a bud of his Strawberry Vostok and a pack of Regular Autos.. the bud was so nice and tasty.. I put the Regs over right away. There was a clear taste of Strawberry.. amazing! 😎 Their grow behavior was a bit poor.. but I had em outside at the start. Will do a nice run of more soon, if the second taste is as sexy.. I have a strain I want to keep. Local starts to impress more and more :-rollitup

Late addon: You saw that Eskom wants to raise price 1 April by 20.5%? 

Man, i also got a puppy middle December. English Springer Spaniel. Exactly like a baby, just super mobile! Time management crash course of note🤣

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Weskush said:

Man, i also got a puppy middle December. English Springer Spaniel. Exactly like a baby, just super mobile! Time management crash course of note🤣

Lol looks like it's puppy season. Got a Weimaraner puppy on this side as well 😂 looking at some puppy school classes now

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Sorry ^^ I was busy.. OK is not a was.. is still a AM busy 😂

I moved location and have a bigger granny flat available. So I add a tent, building it up right now and imported the lights. Waiting for the drivers to drop in tomorrow. Will use my standard 288 3000k 660nm QBs with LM301H diodes. 

Beside I build a Studio with installed backdrops (3).. so I should also be able to take some decent pictures. Not that you get the idea is just for plant pictures 😁 have some friends who want to attack OnlyFans a bit mainly with live streaming. Beside we started to produce a Metasphere Game.. life isn't overly boring at the moment.

And still haven't moved all ^^ my big tent i move when there is harvest to be done. Photos just take ages to finish 😂

Weed news.. I added 2 plants to my mother tent. 

No1 is a Bubblelicious Hermanus, is a hunted pheno I got as a mini flowering plant 9 month ago. Re-veged, made clones and let em grow in peace. Took clones and went for a round to grow the weed till finish. A UK guy just over for visit, called it the best weed he ever smoked. I wouldn't go that far, but fruitiness is very very pleasant. Isn't a day smoke.

No2 is a Ginger Tea, I got also from @Stinger96 and know it is from @SkunkPharm. I liked the name right away and was very skeptical if the name would fit. Gave it a fair shot, the plant isn't overly difficult to grow.. the Bubblelicious is not easy compared. The weed smells nice.. wouldn't call it Ginger thou.. but and that was the pleasant surprise. When you smoke it, it tastes exactly like Ginger Tea, amazing! Not just the taste, it even has that little 'bite' at the end Ginger does to you. And this weed is a real energizer. My creativity and motivation to move just goes up a lot. Friend said the same, he finished the kitchen he was renovating without getting bored ^^ Perfect day smoke.

Nice find, @SkunkPharm!  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Prom said:

Sorry ^^ I was busy.. OK is not a was.. is still a AM busy 😂

I moved location and have a bigger granny flat available. So I add a tent, building it up right now and imported the lights. Waiting for the drivers to drop in tomorrow. Will use my standard 288 3000k 660nm QBs with LM301H diodes. 

Beside I build a Studio with installed backdrops (3).. so I should also be able to take some decent pictures. Not that you get the idea is just for plant pictures 😁 have some friends who want to attack OnlyFans a bit mainly with live streaming. Beside we started to produce a Metasphere Game.. life isn't overly boring at the moment.

And still haven't moved all ^^ my big tent i move when there is harvest to be done. Photos just take ages to finish 😂

Weed news.. I added 2 plants to my mother tent. 

No1 is a Bubblelicious Hermanus, is a hunted pheno I got as a mini flowering plant 9 month ago. Re-veged, made clones and let em grow in peace. Took clones and went for a round to grow the weed till finish. A UK guy just over for visit, called it the best weed he ever smoked. I wouldn't go that far, but fruitiness is very very pleasant. Isn't a day smoke.

No2 is a Ginger Tea, I got also from @Stinger96 and know it is from @SkunkPharm. I liked the name right away and was very skeptical if the name would fit. Gave it a fair shot, the plant isn't overly difficult to grow.. the Bubblelicious is not easy compared. The weed smells nice.. wouldn't call it Ginger thou.. but and that was the pleasant surprise. When you smoke it, it tastes exactly like Ginger Tea, amazing! Not just the taste, it even has that little 'bite' at the end Ginger does to you. And this weed is a real energizer. My creativity and motivation to move just goes up a lot. Friend said the same, he finished the kitchen he was renovating without getting bored ^^ Perfect day smoke.

Nice find, @SkunkPharm!  

I am glad you enjoy that one. I only go around to flowering that plant now. Se is in week 9 of flower. Should harvest this weekend. The pic is from a couple of weeks ago.

B6C73C91-2022-4D4C-91BE-3F75A461CEBF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Fire! 2