Proms Little Tent

Prom

I stick a bit in here with the 8 plant limit.. not sure if Ruderalis actually count ^^ I make me some more seeds and pollen as I started my Swazi Gold Auto Project.

I will make a diary of that.. got a bit shifted as I need the 12/12 tent for the upcoming CBDs for a friend with nasty epilepsy. She wants to check if the CW's help her and she can get off her medication. 

What else I have in my stable are 2 FastBuds strains.. Gelato and Pineapple Express. The Pineapple seems to be on a rush and I am doing something right with those ones. Gelato is strangely smaller this grow. Both are Week 5 Day 1.

Gelato

1863149520_GelatoWeek5Day1small.thumb.jpg.ab7bc236ceaae211f8cf2445a44b9f33.jpg

Pineapple Express 

661490312_PiniWeek5Day1small.thumb.jpg.2247527bc5844bb923aee36fe08fd8c6.jpg

Ruderalis and the CW's are just out of the ground.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

I wanna select a ruderalis female and male for more ruderalis seeds. Used all I had for the selection now. And I want to introduce a female Swazi to the ruderalis male pollen I selected and check how they end in the next round 😁 Is a bit all related to keeping me busy. If I get a nice result.. I will drop some seeds for you guys to test and comment. 

• Like 8

Yes, sorting for the final step to get pure Autos I do in 24/0. As I use pure Ruderalis, I actually hope I can preserve the Plant structure.. but will always be a hybrid at the end.. I hope a very very sativa heavy one, rest is a fail ^^

I do the Malawi after this one.. ^^ still looking for Kilimanjaro Seeds.. they are not that easy to pick up hehehe

• Like 2

On 11/4/2020 at 4:45 PM, Prom said:

I wanna select a ruderalis female and male for more ruderalis seeds. Used all I had for the selection now. And I want to introduce a female Swazi to the ruderalis male pollen I selected and check how they end in the next round 😁 Is a bit all related to keeping me busy. If I get a nice result.. I will drop some seeds for you guys to test and comment. 

Auto Swazi? sounds quite interesting

• Like 1

That sounds awesome @Prom , creating a real auto with swazi structure and perhaps even flavours is not impossible.

You might have to work em to the f3's or f4's and then backcross back to some of the f2's, or even f1's again, selecting under the 24hr cycle will ensure you catch the auto gene along the way.

If i had to plan a project like this, i would go swaz male to ruderalis fem (line 1) and then ruderalis male to swaz fem (line 2).

Take some pictures of your swaz and ruderalis males used in the first f1's.

When selecting males outa the f1 gen i would go for the boy closest resembling the swaz, but triggering under 24hr. 

With those f2's you will get an idea if the male carried over the structure, also one of the lines should conform quicker than others.

I would then breed the winners from both lines f3 gen together to see what happens, then also f3 to f1 gen, etc.

Prom's Swaz Autos bred in SA pappi 😎

• Like 5

@Dank 😁 I am not really in a rush and never made a auto.. I did some breeding years ago with Jack Herer and Pineapple Express. My goal is rather simple.. first, make a auto ^^ second, make the auto look as much as the original photo. The first batch f3 should be pure.. then I check if I like, if yes, I hand out some seeds to the board members.. beginner to gurus.. and with that feedback I decide, if I try harder 😁 or go to the Malawi. Swazi isn't a top terp weed, one of the reasons to start with it 😂 i would rate it as easier to get something similar. Right now just curious ^^ and bored 

My infant heart still hopes the government gets all legalized and I can open a coffee shop 😎 Then I would go a bit more bonkus 😁 rent storage facility, order a Moat ^^ and run 40 strains at the same time, employee 20 people 😂 not sure that is enough. I enjoy my legal growing very much 😁 Right now.. I test and try all the strains I ignored, and so much new coming out each year. When I have a better overview of what is going on out there, I am rather sure, I will go back to photos and pheno hunt my top 5. My seed order still in JoBurg. Went checking with Post Office.. Naa, backlog, sorry! As long not confiscated, all good 😂 first 11 strains to test. Never had Strawberry Pie, or Lemon Pie, or Orange Sherbet,... very long list.. I might be missing out hehehe so I first wanna get a better overview, then breed a bit more serious.  Might come back to your Blueberry ^^ I enjoyed those very much, was also a first.

• Like 3

I "Mendel"ed the last time in Gymnasium. But genetics were my chosen special.. so lets quickly see if I have to read up.

The Photo gene is dominant and the Auto gene is recessive. That is my main assumption. 

The Photo can be PP / Pp / pP

The auto must be pp

The unknown figure is the F1 Photo mother, as it can have 3 possibilities. If the mother is PP, it will add one generation to the procedure, if she is Pp or pP, I would get a 100% auto with F3 generation.

Photo mother is PP

The result (F2) of the crossing with the Auto would always result in a Pp or pP combination. And both would have Photo grow habits. Easy to figure out with 24/0 light.

Those F2 would need another crossing with Ruderalis and the result would be three options. Pp, pP and pp in the F3. Separation with 24/0 and crossing the most Sativa looking male and female from the F3 would result in pp only.. and lottery tells, if I selected crap or got somewhere.

If the mother is already Pp/pP (not sure how valid that option is) I get a pure auto with F3.

Or do I make a critical mistake somewhere?

Edited by Prom
typos
  • Like 1

@Prom i think that is pretty accurate, but if one starts with a pure ruderalis as one of the parents, the auto gene shouldn't be that recessive in the F1's. 

With fast versions the auto trait is going to go recessive quicker crossed with a photo, in reverse should become more prominent when crossed with a pure ruderalis.

Just my thoughts, experience will be the best guide, and that 24/0 light cycle :-thumbsup

Edited by Dank

6 minutes ago, Dank said:

@Prom i think that is pretty accurate, but if one starts with a pure ruderalis as one of the parents, the auto gene shouldn't be that recessive in the F1's. 

With fast versions the auto trait is going to go recessive quicker crossed with a photo, in reverse should become more prominent when crossed with a pure ruderalis.

Just my thoughts, experience will be the best guide, and that 24/0 light cycle :-thumbsup

I think I get a better overview with the F2. I finish my seeds and pollen run with the ruderalis and start the Swazi as soon as I have a little more space, have those Charlottes Web's CBD still in the 12/12 tent. And they are not even 12/12 yet hehehe My Gelatos and Pinis Autos go out in about 3 weeks, then I put all the Swazi Gold seeds, I got from @Stinger96, in the main tent to get a decent selection. I post pics, when there is a reason to post some ^^

Ruderalis coming sexy so far

Ruderalis.thumb.jpg.2c2707bdcd103d1215827e01c091dfe9.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

All a bit bigger now ^^ .. quite bigger actually. Very much time for a update. I hand in some pictures as soon as I get the time. Ruderalis growing nice and as slow as expected 😁 but plant structure looks good. (used fresh soil, lucky me)

The soil I cooked was waaaaaaaaaay to hot 🙄 old man screwed up some of his head calculations 😂 by the factor 10.. rounded wrong. Teaches you.. use a freakin calculator.

So everything is on flush for 4 weeks now and came back rather sexy. I never ever in my growing life burned plants as bad. Wasn't the nicest picture and I got questioned even more, because I didn't ripped all out and started fresh. (I hate ripping out plants hehehe I always have a little mutant growing somewhere) Now I had a mutant farm but... they still formed buds 😎 all starting to hang a bit side ways.

The Gelato got hit the worst.. they do not like over fertilizing  at all. The Pineapple Express took it rather well. They can realllllly take some 😂 

The Gelato did his time frame, even it got really pissed off by me. I was a bit busy with other stuff and forgot a bit about the time frame.. was on flush anyhow hehehe no nuts for 4 weeks. Gave a bit TopMax. 

It was a bit of a face palm moment, when I realized, I haven't checked the Gelato once with some magnifiers. My work sheet said, end week 9 is hit 6th December, and we had the 7th. First plant I checked smiled at me with 100% amber sugar leaves. Rest was also to my liking.. snip snip. Hanging to try for day 4 now. Fastbuds say is 9 weeks.. ^^ I would say 10% was week 8 day 1. Like the last Gelato I harvested after 8 weeks and 4 days. Very much on time.

The Pineapple is set with 10 weeks... not sure it will make it to 50% in that time, but have 3 plants just oozing with Pineapple smell.. hope they taste like they smell 😊

The Charlotte's Web are also back to happiness and they swing some Indica genes ^^ those leaves don't lie. The Gelato Photos went into a growing competition and left the CW's faaaaaaar behind. Thank god for my light setup, difference in canape is nasty. Also repotted the CW's and Gelato's in 22 liter fabric pots. I get 16 of those easy in a 1.2x1.2 😎 might try a run with those and see how much yield per sqm I get.

The smell of the Gelato hanging.. this heavy sweetish chemical smell. Smells exactly like the batch I had before. Can't wait 😁 As the seeds are from the same batch.. Auto and Photo plants, I want to actually check potency of both once done. I still think you get more potency into a auto, due to more light you can pump in. But wishful thinking and reality usually wear two pair of different socks 😂 The lab will settle this dispute and as the photos came from the batch of autos.. this is a fair compare in my books. Lets see.. my Bubblelicious were flowering for 10 weeks.. on 20/4.. that is like nearly 17 weeks to flower for a photo to get the same energy input. The Gelato with 8 weeks is a fast one.. very curious. I give a little disadvantage to the auto even, by using a very fast one. Sooooo, very curious if the potency of the photo will match the auto. I know the Bubblelicious and mixing it with alcohol is a very bad idea, if you are not used to smoking. Hehehe had some complains about the strength 😂 

Will visit the Futurama store on the 16th and get my batches tested.. curious what they will tell. The Photo Gelato will take a bit longer.. as I have 4 plants, I want to quickly clone a batch and see if I get taste difference. If I get a nice one, I will throw a batch of free clones to some Capetonians interested. 😁 Sharing is caring 😎

Short ADDON.. I look for a G28 / Jet Fuel photo ... somebody has and willed to see what we swap? 😁  

Edited by Prom
G28/Jet Fuel addon
  • Like 5

Pictures ^^ just made a few.. so lets show some fuck ups ^^

The Pineapple took the burn with quite some dignity 😁 I take those down in 3 days

DSC_0416.thumb.JPG.f5e5a970b6732d8dbed154befe57b2aa.JPGDSC_0417.thumb.JPG.6a5b9936b5d39fe818654052f6056920.JPG

I didn't defoil anything.. after the burn, was a none effort grow.. I just gave them pure water till finish.. with a bit of Top Max to make em use the resources faster, had enough in that soil hehehe

Ruderalis, tent was dark, so I only took a "future" male out.. by the growing structure, I would say is a male. Took 30 seconds to make the picture and the sun was early morning, no risk to stress them, but I prefer not to disturb their dark phase.

DSC_0418.thumb.JPG.0f7d5935b280c811308ba0c84448a14a.JPG

And the Charlotte's Webs Regulars, male and a female..

DSC_0420.thumb.JPG.37ceb79300836c25ce41366ac7ac4ce2.JPGDSC_0421.thumb.JPG.4ad01602878f8045d3ff2828474fbe0b.JPG

• Like 4

The burned Gelato is already down.. wasn't much 😂 they really showed me the finger. Were 12 plants and they gave me around 100g.. was Gelato, my only excuse for the wasting of time ^^ but the 9 I put as replacement for the burned batch are coming on great. week5 now and in 4 weeks they are done.. I even take a bet on it ^^ love FastBuds. The Pineapple Express were set with 10 weeks. I took the first down today very much to my amber liking and week 10 day 3. Not sure how they do it 😂

As said, easy on nutes with that strain...

DSC_0422.thumb.JPG.611722dedb7ce2961b3e44c151fe9b9c.JPG

• Like 1

i took the pineapple express down in 2 batches. Early week 11 4 early plants and other 8 end week 11. Pretty much to my liking in amber. As much as i enjoy the bubblelicious, speed wise, the Gelato is hard to beat, the Pini isnt slow either. Lets see how the backup batch does. Is week 6 now and went into the 1.2x1.2. I have started my pheno hunt 😁 surprise, i am doing Photos 😂

2 reasons i do that. First, check for different tastes... and i want to see the difference in potency. Same genetics from the same breeder.

I skip the pic... 😋 a few more as 8 plants. selecting genetics from 8 plants only, is a bit of a endless game otherwise 😂

Edited by Prom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The 42FastBuds Photo Gelatos.. 2 of the mothers I test right now. 2 rather different grow styles, C very heavy on the sativa side, D more the hybrid. Curious what potency they will dish out.. I decided to put some outdoor.. perfect timing ^^ 

Took "some" clones.. reason they are a bit "plundered" 😁

C

Mother_C.thumb.JPG.ce432fdf5afacf6a83200f2a8b931e5b.JPG

D

Mother_D.thumb.JPG.7c0c1cebea60b47291e6b49f67932f54.JPG

• Like 1

@Totemic

I select the most terpene heavy and most potency heavy mother. You are very welcome to pick a clone up, once done with the selection 😎

My gelato seem to be more sativa sided. Parents are Orange Sherbet and GSC (thin mint cookie version)

Outdoor happy too... so the genetics like the CT weather

16117261980742557429259450463819.thumb.jpg.af436f16d71bb97b924b482296254226.jpg

Going over 2 meter now. 

Indoor you need a carbon filter... they really really smell 😂

• Like 3