Some of the Largest seed banks forced to cease their activity

ORGANinc.

3 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Been sitting here thinking what to say but this is really weird. 

This has gotta be a personal vendetta. Some old dying turtle from generations past is pushing their dead agenda just one more time before they finally kick the bucket and become irrelevant. 

Mitch McConnell style. 😅

Sad day for the industry and this is happening in progressive countries? 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Nah I see Dutch news media have covered it as well and Dinafem have ceased activity on their main website and also have a notification pinned explaining the matter. 

Yeah can confirm dinafem hasn't been accepting orders for over a month already, haven't read the article yet but from what i understand it seems Spain is cracking is down as another popular Spanish seed bank also stopped talking orders apparently so perhaps its only a Spanish problem but if the dutch guys are also being hit then its the EU as a whole & the lobbyists are hard at work - but doesn't make too much sense, not too clued up about legal system in EU regarding weed but perhaps its tax/money laundering related as opposed to retaliation of some sort?

Time will tell 

23 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

https://www.cannabis-mag.com/police-operation-dinafem-lamota-humbolt

100 million euros worth of cannabis seeds ceased from Dinafem, Mota and Humbolt. 

Huge knock on what some would consider the most progressive countries. 

Unbelievable...

Regardless of how progressive any one country is, this issue is global and we currently facing our own version here in South Africa with the issues around our bill - same story happening in Spain the cannabis industry as a whole or in any one place lacks solid legistative & regulatory frameworks

Spains Guards Civil went after Dinafem for the same reasons why Ottery cops raided that grow club in CPT - which is operating in a grey zone where ambiguity or a lack of clear & concise definitions in the legislation has caused this illogical witch hunt to play out

Cops simply playing by same rules as they are - which is if its not clearly defined doesn't mean we not allowed to do it - so from cops view they weren't prohibited from the performing the raid but I would agree with that article where they say its totally illogical that this actually happened

law is meant to protect not persecute

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Its terrible news and the start of prohibition v2. I am sure they not going to burn the seeds, and use them for an ex-polititian seedbank that is soon going to be launched. I have a mate that works in the deep end of cannabis seeds in Spain, he is funded by the government. It will be interesting to get his take on the story.

1 hour ago, Chris Jay said:

Its terrible news and the start of prohibition v2. I am sure they not going to burn the seeds, and use them for an ex-polititian seedbank that is soon going to be launched. I have a mate that works in the deep end of cannabis seeds in Spain, he is funded by the government. It will be interesting to get his take on the story.

Ya it’s really just terrible news which ever way you look at it, the reality is oppression