Buy better Genetics together

SkunkPharm

Howzit. 

Good genetics is always a good start when you want to grow some dank shit. Problem is it is expensive. What we have done as a group in CT northern Suburbs is to buy as a group and split the seeds between us. Not sure if any one needs help buying what they dream of growing. 

Post on this topic or start a whatsapp group through the forum. To find like minded folks.

• Like 6
  • Agree 4

I agree 100%, makes it much more affordable.

As a group you grow out all seeds, find the best pheno and then share it within the group. Gotta have people you trust in the group though and ground rules need to be laid down.

EDIT: Best if everyone in the group contributes, nobody likes a leech.

Edited by PsyCLown
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

I agree 100%, makes it much more affordable.

As a group you grow out all seeds, find the best pheno and then share it within the group. Gotta have people you trust in the group though and ground rules need to be laid down.

EDIT: Best if everyone in the group contributes, nobody likes a leech.

I agree. Trust needs to be built up between the guys. We bought a pack of 10. Came with 11 seeds. Gave the extra one to the guy who's seeds did not pop. But that is the luck of the draw. 

• Like 3

Going direct is most certainly the answer, but trust is a key factor in these sorts of arrangements. I've been burned in various group buys of other species i have been growing from a number of years.

@SkunkPharm What route did your collective buying group follow? Did you all get together in person to iron out a path, or was it all online? How did the nity grits of cash collection and ordering happen? delivery/collection?

• Like 1

Great idea. I can only look at the good genetics and dream. This route makes things a lot easier

This has also sprung up a separate board idea now. Seeing as trust plays a large role the board will have to be restricted by a reasonably high post count. Of course the element of risk will still be there but that's up to you guys and where you take the collective buy after the topic has been created

A member who wants to look for collective buyers for a specific pack can start a topic of their own and look for other members to join on the collective buy.

Let me know if this something that would be worth setting up

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, felix2000 said:

Going direct is most certainly the answer, but trust is a key factor in these sorts of arrangements. I've been burned in various group buys of other species i have been growing from a number of years.

@SkunkPharm What route did your collective buying group follow? Did you all get together in person to iron out a path, or was it all online? How did the nity grits of cash collection and ordering happen? delivery/collection?

We have a good relationship between growers. I basically put out a message and the first guys that responded got in on the deal. I baught the seeds and when they paid we split the pack over coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

We have a good relationship between growers. I basically put out a message and the first guys that responded got in on the deal. I baught the seeds and when they paid we split the pack over coffee.

Okay cool! Sweet deal if you know whom you are buying with !

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

This forum is a great place to find growers who are close to you and to make new friends.

For logistics, it makes sense to ensure everyone part of your group is relatively close by. Obviously trust needs to be built.

The clubs have the different regions, so perhaps join there and see which other forum members are not that far from you and get in contact.

Keep in mind that not every forum member can be trusted unfortunately and this is done so at your own risk.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 10/29/2020 at 8:37 AM, SkunkPharm said:

Howzit. 

Good genetics is always a good start when you want to grow some dank shit. Problem is it is expensive. What we have done as a group in CT northern Suburbs is to buy as a group and split the seeds between us. Not sure if any one needs help buying what they dream of growing. 

Post on this topic or start a whatsapp group through the forum. To find like minded folks.

Brilliant idea, i think everyone needs help when it comes to dream strains, especially since the Rand has devalued off a cliff

I can picture some insane crosses happening once this gets off the ground proper

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, PsyCLown said:

Keep in mind that not every forum member can be trusted unfortunately and this is done so at your own risk.

Im sure it goes without saying but at the same time should anyone involved be, or have intentions of being a dodgy bastard, word will be put out to the community

But I mean if you want it foolproof - sign agreements complete with ID copy - any shenanigans a case of theft by deception gets opened at copshop as purchasing seeds is perfectly legal, selling them isn't*

(* you know what I mean - theoretically legal/grey area)

• Like 1

I would potentially be interested in a seed buying club in the Heldeberg. I don't think I qualify as a "trusted" member yet according to the site, because I am relatively new and don't have a lot of interaction. I have some specific strains I want to collect.

Haven't been active here for some time, because life happens... But I 've been lurking here from time to time. This thread has caught my eye. It's a great idea @SkunkPharm.

I would be on board. By now I've met a couple of the local members and I can say that I'd trust them. I think they might trust me too. I just would be a bit hesitant when it comes to members I haven't met.

• Like 1