Futurama Hydroponics

Best Seller!! Full Spectrum LED Grow Light - 220W

The Full Spectrum LED Grow Light with Samsung LM301B diodes is an energy-saving and eco-friendly grow light providing plants with the natural sunlight and encouraging a healthier balanced plant growth by stimulating photosynthesis. Suitable for more planting environment, especially hydroponic cultivation, greenhouse cultivation, commercial cultivation projects.

Price: R5 299.00

FEATURES

• Samsung LM301B LED  
  • Energy-saving
  • Eco-friendly
  • High in light absorption rate
  • High PPFD value Samsung led chips
  • Full-spectrum LED source
  • Aluminium heat sink
  • No radiation
  • Meanwell LED driver

CHECK IT OUT HERE

O1CN017vPqpO1PwX5WSFmBC_!!6000000001905-0-tbvideo.thumb.jpg.e087df46164f54c5daaf7923bbe3144e.jpg

Edited by Futurama Hydroponics

@Futurama Hydroponics these aren't made by Samsung I assume - the diodes are but don't think Samsung make QB's?

They may assemble for HLG and then they have their own strips.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

@PsyCLown You are 100% correct, they are not made by Samsung but these quantum boards use the Samsung LM301B diodes which are of great quality. 

Thought so and I agree 100%, the Samsung lm301b diodes are fantastic.
I am currently running lights with the same diodes and can highly recommend them.
However the way its worded is a bit misleading I feel and make it seem as if the light is made by Samsung.

Samsung 65" TV
Samsung Lm301b quantum board
Samsung Dishwasher

Put Samsung infront and it appears as if its made by them.

Do you know who actually make the light?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@PsyCLown Thank you for your concern, and we have looked into it, from what we can tell the majority of our competitors utilise the same terminology for these types of lights - the "Samsung lm301b" is used in the name as fellow growers always enquire about this specific component first, hence the terminology used in the beginning of the name. We are however 100% transparent when specifying the different components of the lights to any customers who request so.

We are always happy to offer our expert advice on the products we offer and if anyone would like any advice they know who to call or message 😀

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Futurama Hydroponics said:

@PsyCLown Thank you for your concern, and we have looked into it, from what we can tell the majority of our competitors utilise the same terminology for these types of lights - the "Samsung lm301b" is used in the name as fellow growers always enquire about this specific component first, hence the terminology used in the beginning of the name. We are however 100% transparent when specifying the different components of the lights to any customers who request so.

We are always happy to offer our expert advice on the products we offer and if anyone would like any advice they know who to call or message 😀

I think the point @PsyCLown is making is not the fact that "Samsung LM301b" is in the name at all but rather that by placing that line as the very first thing creates the perception that Samsung is the manufacturer of the entire system and not simply just the diodes. For someone new to LEDs this could be misleading.

An example would be like the Mars TS-1000 LED. They do not title the product "Epistar Top Bin SMD Mars TS-1000". Doing this gives the impression that Epistar manufacturers the entire LED, just as your title does with Samsung. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Futurama Hydroponics said:

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Do you know who actually make the light?

I am also curious who the manufacturer is. 

Shenzhen Meijiu 👹. they keep emailing me lol, at least they good with follow up, I can always commend that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORGANinc. said:

Shenzhen Meijiu 👹. they keep emailing me lol, at least they good with follow up, I can always commend that.

Just spit balling, China's got millions of these manufacturers on Alibaba 

• Agree 1

@Ill_Evan @PsyCLown we have taken your guidance under consideration and have changed the title of the light and this post to better describe the product title of the light. As for who manufacturers the light, it is one of our suppliers and as such we cannot give out that information. We hope all the information is clear above, as we truly do want to be as transparent as possible about our products.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Futurama Hydroponics said:

@Ill_Evan @PsyCLown we have taken your guidance under consideration and have changed the title of the light and this post to better describe the product title of the light. As for who manufacturers the light, it is one of our suppliers and as such we cannot give out that information. We hope all the information is clear above, as we truly do want to be as transparent as possible about our products.  

I don't really see anything wrong in calling it ''Samsung boards" because that what they are using... which isn't lying... but maybe also include the driver name being used after Samsung, that way people know is cant be made by Samsung and Muso/meanwhile etc. just a thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Futurama Hydroponics said:

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

I don't really see anything wrong in calling it ''Samsung boards" because that what they are using... which isn't lying... but maybe also include the driver name being used after Samsung, that way people know is cant be made by Samsung and Muso/meanwhile etc. just a thought.

I think it is acceptable to say that there really isn't a standard to naming conventions regarding horticulture grow lights and the question @PsyCLown posed was whether it would be confusing or not to title an LED in the original manner. 

As @ORGANinc. says, some don't see anything wrong with it, especially if the manufacturer is not out rightly stated maybe putting the diode first makes up for that. 

@Futurama Hydroponics you are welcome to revert your title. Please don't feel we were pressuring you, I think a genuine discussion was had and I'm sure the thread will get plenty eyes because of it. 

We're a forum of passionate growers and text may sometimes come across as more than intended. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

@Ill_Evan We agree with you in that there is no standard to naming conventions regarding horticulture grow lights.

The reason we titled the grow light the way we did is because most growers understand the name of the light stipulates the diodes used within the light and not that it is manufactured by Samsung, in fact most growers know Samsung does not produce grow lights whatsoever, only the diodes, and we make sure to tell our customers exactly that, as we said above we will always be transparent with all our customers. 

We as Futurama encourage all beginner growers to send us a message, email or give us a call and we will happily offer our FREE expert grow advice on any product to them.

We also have some great buying guides for all new beginners on our website within our hydroponics category which will also help them in purchasing exactly what they need. Check it out right here!  https://www.futurama.co.za/grow-shop/hydroponics-shop/ 

I am sure we can all agree the light is nothing short of an awesome product and we hope everyone knows that 🙂 

Edited by Futurama Hydroponics
  • Like 2

@Ill_Evan Hi buddy,  thanks for clearing this up, been a newbie, I really believed this light was made by Samsung.