• Cape Ape Seeds
    • African Smoke Headshop
    • Bud Buddies
    • Cannasmiths
    • Groen Seeds
    • Marijuana Seeds South Africa
    • Golden Goose
    • Cannabist

As some members pointed out, this poll should have been redone a long time ago... sorry that I've only gotten to it now

Please vote (again for some of you) for the best local seedbank of 2020. More than happy to add options to this list. If you have any suggestions please reply below

Criteria to consider when voting:

• Overall service
  • Quality and variety of genetics
  • Communication 
  • Delivery Times (Does it reflect what is indicated on their website)
  • Do the seeds get delivered in original breeder packaging

• Like 5

• 420SA pinned this topic

Good day fellow cannabis lovers.

I have a short story to share on this topic.

I have been purchasing seeds for many years now and I have purchased most of my library from places like cannasmiths, BnB's and trophy seeds. I make it a point to try seed banks that I come across and give them a fair go.

So some free advertising for these 2 seed banks. Recently I have tried 2 online shops africansmoke and budbuddies.

For the africansmoke order I purchased some slurricane seeds from Inhouse genetics so it was a pricey order and the budbuddies order was a small 1 at about 1k with some ripper genetics.

African smoke order took 16 hours to arrive at my door from the time of placing the order not the time of payment. Not only was it 16 hours but I received 6 free seeds and half a g of dab.

The budbuddies order took a similar time to arrive around 16 to 18 hours and I received 10 free ripper Badazz seeds.

So my experience has been more then excellent with these online shops. From someone who has been around the block this was a first.

Just my experience. I would say put those bros up on this board!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Agree 1

@Farmer Brown thank you for sharing good sir. That's why I love this forum.

I have never used any of the two suppliers you have mentioned but I had a quick look at both websites. My next seed purchase will most definitely be through African Smoke. They have a very cool website that's mobile friendly and you won't get confused with the quality of genetics on offer as it seems they only stock top shelf gear.

And to top it all off they have a Helping hand project page where they work with charities. One specific chairty that caught my eye was Wollies Animal project. Much love for Wollies with the wife an avid supporter and us having a Wollies adoptees.  

So explaining purchases to her will be a lot easier 😂

• Like 3

I’ve done the rounds on the seed banks here in South Africa. The best for me are @TrophySeeds @Biltong and Budz and Smoking Gun. I have never tried @Sacred Seeds as they have never had strains I have wanted. 

I recently made a purchase from https://budbuddies.co.za and got surprised with 2 free sample strains sealed from Barney’s farm as well as a grinder. I paid with Snap Scan and the guys sent my order with the Courier guy within hours.

I also bought a set of platinum jelly from African Smoke this week, they were not as fast but can confirm that they have shipped my order. I’ll see what is in the package when it arrives. 

I am also an unlucky sucker that got ripped off from the Cannabist for R3600 for 20 Liberty Haze seeds. Funny thing is that the dude replied to my mail saying a week and then never again. I’ve asked my bank to reverse the payment and in the event that the Cannabist denies the reversal, they will give me Cannabist’s

actual contact details. I’m not sure if anyone else has done the same? 

Edited by Capefurseal
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Capefurseal said:

Unfortunately not. I would also think twice about https://www.cannabisseed.co.za . The seeds don’t come in the original sealed breeder packs.

Whoa, well its good to know procrastination saved my ass, was gonna order a 5 pack of barneys glookies from cannbisseed a while back but figured I'd be able to find cheaper elsewhere and didnt go through with it

Few forum members reporting good experience with groenseeds.co.za - havent personally given them a go since they so new on the scene but with regards to affordability/price they pretty good - these guys could end up being a go to for newbies & cheapskates alike :sillyass

• Like 1

I can't believe Cannabist have the audacity to have a link on their website saying "feeling a bit weary , no stress ask members on 420SA about their experience" and it leads me here.

Put in an order with them a month ago worth R2000, a few days later i check out the reviews on 420 just for interest and i realized that everything had gone to sh!t, they haven't responded to my emails or whatsapp. I'm sitting here with pots filled with soil , everything's ready but nothing to plant. Out of 13 local seed banks I chose Cannabist  🤦‍♂️

These guys should be closed down , they can't run a business like this.

• Agree 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Psylecta said:

Few forum members reporting good experience with groenseeds.co.za - havent personally given them a go since they so new on the scene but with regards to affordability/price they pretty good - these guys could end up being a go to for newbies & cheapskates alike :sillyass

I bought from them. Service was way better than some of the banks on that list. Another thing is they actually have stock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, felix2000 said:

I bought from them. Service was way better than some of the banks on that list. Another thing is they actually have stock

Yeah nothing annoys me more than spending time going through selection, then when you find something all options are out of stock or only 10 packs are available

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psylecta said:

Yeah nothing annoys me more than spending time going through selection, then when you find something all options are out of stock or only 10 packs are available

Or, you read a review and search the seed bank for the breeder and every single item is out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Apoche Alypse said:

I can't believe Cannabist have the audacity to have a link on their website saying "feeling a bit weary , no stress ask members on 420SA about their experience" and it leads me here.

Put in an order with them a month ago worth R2000, a few days later i check out the reviews on 420 just for interest and i realized that everything had gone to sh!t, they haven't responded to my emails or whatsapp. I'm sitting here with pots filled with soil , everything's ready but nothing to plant. Out of 13 local seed banks I chose Cannabist  🤦‍♂️

These guys should be closed down , they can't run a business like this.

Quickly try reverse the EFT or payment. It is so sad how things have turned out, looked so promising when he first hit the scene.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Quickly try reverse the EFT or payment. It is so sad how things have turned out, looked so promising when he first hit the scene.

Can EFT be reversed? He mentioned order/payment was a month ago so by now cannabist has surely withdrawn it anticipating the impending doom ahead for the brand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bakstein420 said:

True, I heard about them on this forum beginning of the year and ordered from them, the service was AMAZING, they responded to my emails within 2 minutes and had my order the next day. 

I was very surprised to see them turn out this way. Anyway, i was reading through their T&C's and it says orders could take 4-5 weeks to arrive. You can usually dispute bank payments with bank or pay gate for up to 6 months, so i'll wait and hope i guess. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:36 AM, Bakstein420 said:

@Capefurseal man that sucks bru, I thought everyone eventually got their orders.

The Courier Guy rocked up at my house this morning. I was absolutely shocked to see that my order from the Cannabist had arrived albeit the fact that only 15 of the 20 seeds I ordered was packaged. They added three free Dinafem Auto's and three of their own seeds in the package. They also left a note saying that the 5 missing seeds would follow. I'm glad to have not been scammed, however I don't think I'll buy from them again. 

Edited by Capefurseal