Petty Pot Politics and Trolling

Chris Jay

13 minutes ago, CG420za said:

Oh god, don't get me started on this shit. Some of these kids are a waste of air and water. I blame the parents.

Parents are always the first logical people to look at. Maybe they just don't care enough, or stopped caring as much. 

Comparing the youth of today to the youth of yesterday if you will, is a broad topic. I do not think it is a fair comparison any which way you look at it. 

The youth are primarily a product of what they are most focused during their upbringing.  

I'm sure the world is way more fucked up than it was a generation ago. 

• Like 1

I blame the media. The media that feeds issues in order for these issues to seem bigger than they actually are. Big issues sell better. 

Chris, I hope they'll leave you alone eventually.

I get the idea that the cannabis community is generally an awesome subculture full of good people. Just as soon as money gets involved things turn south. People get greedy. 

Edit: I blame the government too.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

Chris, I hope they'll leave you alone eventually.

I get the idea that the cannabis community is generally an awesome subculture full of good people.

I dont really give two hoots, I would like a peaceful life though for myself and others. But my advice will hopefully help you guys focus on your goals and dreams, without interference from trouble.  Damn, some of the best people I have met in life, best times, and some of the worst, but always fun, good laughs and memories with more to come. Going to an amazing hippie now, the real old hippie type. Literally building new roads with some shale she is sharing.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I get the idea that the cannabis community is generally an awesome subculture full of good people. Just as soon as money gets involved things turn south. People get greedy. 

Edit: I blame the government too.

Its not the money, it's the caliber of people riding the money train.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chris Jay said:

I can assure you they have been linked up to this thread. JP might be a bit slower, his last screenshot he sent me, I giggled, it was of my profile on FB and the top it said, only 20mb left. Cannabis community is very small, and most guys are online. IG seems to be the place now, but forums like this do get covered well. They will come like moths to a flame, and I am ready for the minions of followers who I will try their pot luck at me.

I just wanna kindly ask that you please keep the trolls away from here. If this thread turns into some shit show online wild west I'm gonna remove it. The forum isn't here for that. You have FB and IG for that

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

4 hours ago, 420SA said:

I just wanna kindly ask that you please keep the trolls away from here. If this thread turns into some shit show online wild west I'm gonna remove it. The forum isn't here for that. You have FB and IG for that

I agree, and FB/IG is not for that either. But please dont remove the topic, consider closing it.

Its not the money, it's the caliber of people riding the money train.

420%, but what is ironic, they not earning the money either.

Ego.... The common denominator. 

Not from my part, I usually block trolls quickly on all platforms. But when you are threatened, insulted, stalked you have to draw a line somewhere, and also share for the benefit of the greater cannabis community. 

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1

Dem trolls are out, leading me closer to the honeypot. Check this email I just received from NORML HQ:

Chris,

Please submit the NORML Chapter Information Update Form ASAP. I’d like to get NORML South Africa into compliance so we can provide updated brand assets and list the chapter on our website. We get inquiries about the chapter and there seems to be a lot of confusion as to whether or not this is a functional chapter or a page promoting brands.

Thanks for your prompt attention to this.

Anyway, they can keep coming, I just hope they will show face oneday, probably not, cause that is what fakes do. If you questioning if NORML is functional, you speaking with the wrong people. On the ground, blazing some serious trails as we have done since 2008. 

@Chris Jay remain humble and ignore ‘trolls’ as much as possible sometimes these things can be used for positive growth. When I was 14, my friends and I were caught smoking weed. As I was the one who bought the weed, I was blamed although we all smoked. Anyway, the chatter among the parents was that I came from a broken home(because my father died when I was 8 and my mother remarried😂), and later (18) was told that I shouldn’t study law. Anyway I took that and completed my LLB before any of my friends completed their 3 year degrees/diplomas, on top of that the person saying I don’t have what it takes to be a lawyer called me a few months ago to draft a business proposal. I took all that hate and turned into personal growth. 

we all still best friends and all their parents see me as the one with his head screwed on correctly. A complete u-turn which brings me joy, confidence and security with myself 

Edited by Stefan
  • Like 4

On 3/24/2021 at 1:41 PM, Stefan said:

I took all that hate and turned into personal growth

Hate can be an amazing energy when used correctly and channeled into the right direction.

remain humble and ignore ‘trolls’ as much as possible sometimes

Oh yes best advice with trolls is to block and terminate all contact as quickly as possible. However I have a couple of trolls that one could classify as cyberstalking/bullying. Take JP Ras Victor, he has stalked me for years, 9th of Feb this year, he created a new FB profile, Oliver Visage, to send me messages. He has done this for about 5 years now. My reaction was block and notify friends in common of the fake profile. If you should listen and see some of the conversations, audio recordings you can probably realise how paranoid people can get from this type of behavior online, and worse when its targeted towards children.

one with his head screwed on correctly.

So as a lawyer, what kind of advice would you give to be people being stalked/bullied online?

"According to a 2018 report by research company Ipsos Global Advisor, South Africa has the highest prevalence of cyberbullying out of 28 countries surveyed."

"“cyberbullying is when someone repeatedly makes fun of another person online or repeatedly picks on another person through email or text message or when someone posts something online about another person that they don’t like.” Source

Cyber bullying is a relatively new thing so not 100% certain on what the procedure would be but In guessing it amounts to harassment and likely would have to report it to the Police. 

whilst the police are investigating, you could probably open up a protection order against the person you feel is harassing/cyber bullying you. I think you’ll be provided with a temporary protection(you’d need the accused full name and address in order for this to issued) instructing the person to refrain from the unwanted actions until the matter can be heard before magistrates court. Although you’ll appear in the magistrates court, it’s not necessary that you’d require an attorney for this, the court will appoint like a maintenance officer to hear the matter so can be quite informal where the maintenance officer plays more an active role in hearing with relaxed evidential burdens so you’d need not to worry of legal costs 

The tricky part to this would be proving the harassment and as you say the person changes and creates different profiles and likely anonymous online and even thereafter if it’s granted, how would you actually stop the harassment? As it would be so difficult to prove as the burden of proof would therefore change as it would now be a criminal matter. On the cuff I’m thinking you’d need have IP addresses to actually prove the person you claim is indeed the same online person harassing you but that’s a whole different story and not sure how that would even be done. 

I used to work at one of those legal insurance places where we offer members advice and ‘mediation’ and 9/10 times harassment cases could be halted with simple warning letter instructing the person to stop or legal action will be taken. May try this approach to just nip it in the bud, but I guess the letter drafted on a legal company letterhead probably more likely did the trick, but something less energy draining so you could give it try. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Many thanks for your sound advice @Stefan, I will use this in the future and also refer a friend/activist who opened a case just last week against someone that I mentioned on here earlier. Cant wait to see him fried, hope he does not withdraw charges and goes the full hog. The troll publicly posted revolting/false information about him on FB, which I know can lead to a successful case and has been tried in court. JUst sad that wannebe activists are speaking like this about guys doing the hard hog.

The essence of trolling below, 5000 friends and all she/he/it shares is memes and auntie gossip. Delete, block, see you in the dust.

Idiots.png.c7e55067b28252d680ffb6042f27590e.png

Sorry I had to go silent on this post for a number of reasons but leaving it here is a reference for the future.

• 1 month later...

Wake up this morning to a whatsapp about Garden Route Genetics ( Josh the "breeder") on a troll mission again. Kind message posted to an IG profile and bang, troll has to comment.

gardenroutegenetics.thumb.png.acac99518da4d5557b4bcba823664425.png

Its very sad really that a boy who lives at home with his parents feels like he can troll someone for no reason. His only reason for trolling was that I tagged his business ( GRG ) and his mothers business in a IG post. Thats when he sent me this audio recording, which I saved before he managed to delete it. Well he mentioned I do more reporting of people than promoting, how badly he got that wrong. Sad sod will have an article published shortly. Oh the reason I mention his enabling mom is cause she tried to pan him off to me many years ago to do some hard labour, believe me or not here is her message a couple moons ago.

cannabizartmary.jpg.5917af81b81fb01748b0f777a91e221b.jpg

Another troll I mentioned in a previous post in this topic, who was a member here ( Alemo ), currently has a crimina injura charge against him for publically posting about another activist recently. The charges are being pursued and with good reason. Have a peaceful weekend, thanks for reading my daily BS.

• 3 months later...

This is not my battle but as soon as the troll realises I posted, flames,  this post really hits home about kindness. The rotten troll Riaan VD, literally thinks he can tell people who to speak to, how to speak with people, and this is a form of cyber bullying for a number of reasons I wont elaborate on. But 420% respect for the replies. Imagine witch hunting a guy for 5 years and still getting no where. Wish this guy would find better things to do than try and bully people, absolute knob.

riaanvd.png.97c83cfb4c8cd6a9317fa22911b1cbef.png