Curing in TerpLoc Bags

I'd also probably go bigger than necessary. Might be a bit tricky if you have multiple strains though.

I think also the gram amount labelled for the terp bag should be considered the max with regards to the bag's ability to regulate the humidity. 

Correct,they don't really mention recommended storing amount,but in my situation my bud stank of gas and cookie dough,extremely strong and you could smell nothing at all outside the bag,but maybe if it was too full it wouldn't be able to mask/regulate itself.I though about throwing in a boveda but decided against it since I finished that delicious bud in no time edit : also boveda is meant for closed jars not bags lol

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So I have used these TerpLoc bags, honestly no clue how they actually work - perhaps someone here knows and can educate us?

I like using a single, large bag and then I put my different strains into smaller ziplock bags (I do not zip them closed) and then put the multiple ziplock bags into the large  terploc bag. Makes storage much easier than multiple jars.

I have Boveda's still, so I chuck a boveda inside the bag just incase and to help hydrate the bud a bit... Whether this is necessary though, I do not know but the TerpLoc bags are convenient and certainly help contain the smell.

• Like 2

https://grovebags.com/

I used their wicket bags last year and they maintain the perfect environment for long term storage. No discolouration of buds like in a glass jar with Bovedas. I still have some bud in the bag and they are as fresh as when i bagged them.

Ordered terploc bags for this harvest. Manufacturing quality and price is excellent. I'm converted @Aeradix👌

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Gave these bags a go last harvest. 3 weeks into the cure and I’m convinced. Not always around or possible to burp jars, not even with bovedas was it this easy.

Bud in after +- 10 day dry, back of the cupboard for 3 weeks, voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Golden-Goose said:

How exactly do they regulate the humidity?

Is there a link that explains the actual technology involved?

I believe it is in the material that they use. The way that I understand it, most plastic is actually breathable, albeit at a very low rate in most cases. For example, if you leave a full 2L Coke bottle lying around for a year or two it will eventually be flat, that's because the CO2 actually escapes through the plastic slowly over time, but the gaps in the plastic are not enough for any liquid to pass through so you will always have a full bottle. 

They do the same with these bags. The gaps in the plastic is just enough to allow a certain amount of moisture in, and also small enough to keep a certain level of moisture trapped. 

But I am willing to be wrong, that's just how I reasoned it. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I believe it is in the material that they use. The way that I understand it, most plastic is actually breathable, albeit at a very low rate in most cases. For example, if you leave a full 2L Coke bottle lying around for a year or two it will eventually be flat, that's because the CO2 actually escapes through the plastic slowly over time, but the gaps in the plastic are not enough for any liquid to pass through so you will always have a full bottle. 

They do the same with these bags. The gaps in the plastic is just enough to allow a certain amount of moisture in, and also small enough to keep a certain level of moisture trapped. 

But I am willing to be wrong, that's just how I reasoned it. 

Thanks bud. If that's true, it's pretty cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Golden-Goose said:

Thanks bud. If that's true, it's pretty cool.

Indeed, it is pretty cool and seems to work quite wel.

I believe it gets rid of the oxygen and ensures RH of around 62%

All regulated through the type of material(s) they use to make the bags from. Also offers a nice, easy way to store large quantities of bud as you can buy some pretty large Terploc bags and just put the bud straight into the bag.

Also helps contain the smell, so it does not stink up the house etc.

• Like 2