Ready For Harvest or Not{First time Grower}

FreesoulGP

Please find attached photos and advice if my plant is ready for harvest, I am a first time outdoor grower and i would love to harvest when my trichomes are milky white or cloudy for a more euphoric effect. Just when i thought the pistils are all brown and ready, then boom all of a sudden my plant is getting some new pistils. Climate conditions in my area is fine and not hot so i cant blame it on the heat

picture_2020_10_13_16_26_34_51.jpg

picture_2020_10_13_16_27_18_262.jpg

picture_2020_10_13_16_27_21_733.jpg

picture_2020_10_13_16_27_52_690.jpg

picture_2020_10_14_11_28_27_46.jpg

picture_2020_10_14_11_28_51_160.jpg

picture_2020_10_14_16_34_29_868.jpg

1 hour ago, FreesoulGP said:

Just when i thought the pistils are all brown and ready, then boom all of a sudden my plant is getting some new pistils.

This is a good sign that you're near harvest, although keep in mind some strains will just keep doing this over and over and at some point you will just need to decide to cut. 

From your pictures I'd say you're in the harvest window, and with your desire to harvest at peak THC (for a more euphoric effect, as you say) I'd say you're good to go if you would like to harvest. 

• Agree 1

yup, @FreesoulGP, looks like you are indeed in the harvest window.

the trichomes look milky to me so you should have a decent smoke if you chop now.

Do yourself a favour though and try get something that you can get a closer up view of the trichomes for much easier identification.

i have found that harvesting with little amber results in a smoke i am not entirely happy with. it is euphoric, but doesnt hit my quota of stoooooned that i like. so maybe if you like a bit of a stone to your high, hang off another week and see how it looks

i used to aim for 10% amber, but now i like it a bit higher, 20% is good for my taste

• Like 1