Tobacco

Stinger96

On 10/20/2020 at 3:04 PM, Chris Jay said:

Yes, been growing a fair amount since lockdown started. About 25 plants in total, also loads of veggies. Lekker to be eating out the garden everyday again.

I must start the veggie patch cause nothing better than munching homegrown but reckon im gonna do it in front yard to lessen the risk of critters attacking the grow - noticed this afternoon a small piece of bud going brown & went to chop it off thinking its rot but then the whole fresh nug just fell apart & im like "wtf" thats not rot - look again & like a chameleon theres a fat green caterpillar munching himself f@cked up so veggie patch definately going in the front f@ck that - ive already put my smaller pots on bricks inside a moerse pot with water at the bottom like a castles moat - now just need to build a net to stop these flies from nailing my fan leaves with leaf miners and I'm pest free

Am keen for some tobacco seeds, where can one hook up from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psylecta said:

I must start the veggie patch cause nothing better than munching homegrown but reckon im gonna do it in front yard to lessen the risk of critters attacking the grow - noticed this afternoon a small piece of bud going brown & went to chop it off thinking its rot but then the whole fresh nug just fell apart & im like "wtf" thats not rot - look again & like a chameleon theres a fat green caterpillar munching himself f@cked up so veggie patch definately going in the front f@ck that - ive already put my smaller pots on bricks inside a moerse pot with water at the bottom like a castles moat - now just need to build a net to stop these flies from nailing my fan leaves with leaf miners and I'm pest free

Am keen for some tobacco seeds, where can one hook up from?

Seedsforafrica took mine from me during lockdown. They should still have as it was quite a lot of seeds.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

fat green caterpillar munching himself f@cked up so veggie patch definately going in the front f@ck that

@Psylecta If you have one of those sons of b^7ch3s, you have another. I would check my plants everyday. Give them a good shake and then look again. They usually arrive after a good rain and spin webs everywhere.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best time to start them here to get the most out of them is indoors in july/august to plant out in the ground by October. 

I would think the jiffys have to do with the slow growth. I usually start mine in a compost rich medium.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2

Morning Growmies... Hey @Jimmy-z Thnx for the clones bud.. Awesome of you.. Hope you have joy with the Tobacco.. Way thing are going they might just take our siggies again.. Honestly will not mind though.. decided to quit all together.. it's just a real bad habit..
20210116_173033.thumb.jpg.53f83050fda102b825ec1793ba893cf5.jpg
:-peace
Thanks for the tobacco seedlings, the promo pack & that something extra ;)

I switched to vaping years ago, but sometimes, i just feel like a smoke. My mom smokes full time, so she'll get more out of it than me.

That's my winter grow sorted, thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the seedlings. I've started mine yesterday morning on full strength hydro nutrients & so far they're loving it. (Hortimix A, B & liquid silica)

Tomorrow the rest is getting transplanted into pots as soon as I can get some freedom farms soil or 90/10 coco & decent sized pots.

How many leaves have you managed to harvest from a fully grown plant so far?

I've done a lot of research & it seems they're heavy feeders and basically need to be treated the same as tomatoes....

1 hour ago, Jimmy-z said:

Thanks again for the seedlings. I've started mine yesterday morning on full strength hydro nutrients & so far they're loving it. (Hortimix A, B & liquid silica)

Tomorrow the rest is getting transplanted into pots as soon as I can get some freedom farms soil or 90/10 coco & decent sized pots.

How many leaves have you managed to harvest from a fully grown plant so far?

I've done a lot of research & it seems they're heavy feeders and basically need to be treated the same as tomatoes....

Morning bud.. Your welcome.. I've never gotten that far yet. Maybe @Chris Jay or @Totemic can advise you better. PM me I have some FF soil available..

:-peace

• Like 1