Hamaphrodite?

BBOYC

Question

15 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

Ya I've heard that GG#4 herms if you look at it funny. I myself have never experienced a hermi in my short growing endeavor. 

My first grow and have found 2 of the 18 to be hermi. Might be due to the fact that this grow was from bag seed. O well. Still a nice experience and enjoying the process. 

• Like 2

Hermaphroditism can be a recessive trait in the plants genes, you just dont always know how reactive it is.

In some plants depending on past breeding etc(genetic makeup) it may be closer to the surface ie: you look at it funny and it herms.

In other plants it might be buried deep or be non existant ie: you can punish that plant with temps, lst, hst and she handles it like a champ. 

Some herm straight off the bat, others wait untill deep into flower(most evil) cause they can drop secret hermie pollen if you mis 1x effing pollen sac.

Boils down to genetic stability, the growers experience with the strain. That's why bagseed can be intersting, but also a crap shoot and sometimes a complete f@#k-up.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

On 10/7/2020 at 6:09 PM, BBOYC said:

Hi guys. Wanted to seek your opinion. Am I sitting with a hamaphrodite plant? If so will it be able to polenate my ladies? 20201007_175843.thumb.jpg.0f28e656cc3166e06b5aecd56cbd4381.jpg

20201007_175549.jpg

Eish, kak one but atleast you caught him/her.....*uhm* it,

But might be a little bit late bud, looks like the bigger sacs have began opening judging by that second pic, hopefully you plukked it in time, once they start growing ballas you got like 2/3 days to spot it otherwise he's gonna bust a nut like a laaitie catching a pomp for the first time

If your ladies do get pollinated don't plant the seeds, as any plants grown from those seeds will almost exclusively be hermies

Edited by Psylecta
  • Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 1:09 AM, Psylecta said:

Eish, kak one but atleast you caught him/her.....*uhm* it,

But might be a little bit late bud, looks like the bigger sacs have began opening judging by that second pic, hopefully you plukked it in time, once they start growing ballas you got like 2/3 days to spot it otherwise he's gonna bust a nut like a laaitie catching a pomp for the first time

If your ladies do get pollinated don't plant the seeds, as any plants grown from those seeds will almost exclusively be hermies

Think one of the ladies have been pollinated?

Is there a chance that it might influence the others? 

20201020_181855.jpg