240w grow light and costs

SkunkPharm

Ok so recently I decided I need more light in my tent. So decided to get prices for lights. Cheapest was R4500. It was elg~240 driver and bridgelux eb 2nd gen strips. 

Fuckit build one myself.

Driver HLG~240H~20A = R 1175.11

Strips Bridgelux EB 2nd Gen 56cm - 12 x R82.42 = R 989.04

Aluminum strips = R450

Plug, Wire, wago connectore and electrical cable = R300

IMPORT COSTS = R 430

TOTAL COST = R 3344.15

If you count the rope rachets its another R240

20201001_060130_HDR.jpg

20200925_172058.jpg

20200930_201456.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Bakstein420 said:

Looks slick bro 👌 

I am so sick of people just making money out of the grow community. And I am getting the feeling there is a couple of people that is feeling the same. I want more people to grow and I just feel that for some people the investment is to big.

• Agree 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 9:46 AM, Jimmy-z said:

That's a nice build. Can I ask where you sourced the parts from? I would love to build my own when I have some extra cash 😄

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The parts came from Digikey.com they also have the samsung strips if you want to go yhat way. If you need guidence on drivers check out the DIY section of led Gardner'sweb page.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Batista said:

Thanks, what sized area are you using the light in?

Is this sufficient for a 1.2 x 1.2m ? Or will I need 2 perhaps?

They say you need 30watts per square foot.

30 x 16 = 480watt

Check out led gardener's DIY strip light page. 

I run a 525w fluence and then 240w on each side in a 2.4x2.4 tent. I only use about 1.5x1.5 of the tent. Will do 4 plants in there going forward.

They say you need 30watts per square foot.
30 x 16 = 480watt
Check out led gardener's DIY strip light page. 
I run a 525w fluence and then 240w on each side in a 2.4x2.4 tent. I only use about 1.5x1.5 of the tent. Will do 4 plants in there going forward.
Thanks, what configuration would you build for a 1.2x1.2m @ 480w? This is the part I've been stuck on as it would be too tight a fit if you just doubled each strip to 120cm.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, CreX said:

looking very delicious man! well done! light alone doesnt grow dank like that

Maybe I just got lucky with that genetics. Split a 10 pack of seeds between 5 people and it looks like I got the only pheno like this. Tall and stretchy like the Slurricane and tastes like kush mints. My other pheno is more indica, like the platimun. But frosty like the slurri.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Not a lot of leaf on that plant, must be a pleasure to trim!

For a sugarcane, one expects a bit more frost but that still looks really good and may be better to have a pheno which is quick to trim but has a little less frost.

Looks tasty! 😄 

For me this was the best InHouse plant so far. But I still have to grow out a couple. In veg atm. 

Dirty Banana

Garlic Sherbet

Lemon Sorbet

And Zurple Punch is 3 weeks into flower.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Ahh ok, I have all 3 of those in flower at the moment along with a very frosty pheno of Sugarcane.

Please let me know how the other strains turn out in comparison! 😄 

I have seen some seriously frosty phenos of the Deluxe with super low yields. So I do prefer the pheno that I have.

• Like 2

So I ended up going for another acdc floodlight to add to the existing 150w I bought last year. Here is where it gets interesting, the new module is bigger and the leads more spaced out for more or less the same price of the old model. Does anyone know what leds these things use? d0477aaba12ef633de9f5606473b9dc3.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1