Futurama combo light help needed

Leeroy420

It didnt go to bad. They just give off alot of heat.. I had a ceiling fan in the cupboard for suction. But i think it was not sufficient enough.i did 1 grow in the cupboard and had to move to a smaller house. So dnt realy have space for it at the moment.

Sent from my AMN-LX9 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Leeroy420 said:

Do you guys think i can do 2 plants under the qb? Im just a bit worried about the coverage.

The qb's are the popular lights right now bro. And everyone that used them . Have great things to say.

Im sure u will be able to run 2 plants with that 110w qb. Maybe strech it to 3.

1 of the members here were running 4 plants with a 50w cool white light.

Edited by afternoon blazer

53 minutes ago, Leeroy420 said:

It didnt go to bad. They just give off alot of heat.. I had a ceiling fan in the cupboard for suction. But i think it was not sufficient enough.i did 1 grow in the cupboard and had to move to a smaller house. So dnt realy have space for it at the moment.

Aight. Well, if you got R9999 to spend you could save another R800 and get a bigger 1.2x1.2x2 BudBox tent which will give you much more reflectivity from the walls and a 250W QB over the 110W QB. Then find yourself a 5" Prima Klima fan and a 5" filter if you need one. This setup would last you much much longer than the combo offered by Futurama.

My opinion is that the Futurama combos are for people who are too lazy to source quality alternatives themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Ill_Evan said:

Aight. Well, if you got R9999 to spend you could save another R800 and get a bigger 1.2x1.2x2 BudBox tent which will give you much more reflectivity from the walls and a 250W QB over the 110W QB. Then find yourself a 5" Prima Klima fan and a 5" filter if you need one. This setup would last you much much longer than the combo offered by Futurama.

My opinion is that the Futurama combos are for people who are too lazy to source quality alternatives themselves. 

Yeah,

Tent R2000-R2500

240w QB R6000

Fan R1100

Do you really need a filter? 

• Like 2

I have a 240W QB up for sale for R3750 - brand new, will save you even more money then.
Budbox make great tents! Can't go wrong there.

You can get something better for the same amount of money.
Thanks man il send you a pm for some more info.

• Like 2

What area are u in? We could reccomend grow shops in the area. Maybe u could do some shopping at the shops for the individual items.
Im in grahamstown eastern cape. I know there is a place grow guru in port Elizabeth.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, just an update on my journey finding indoor door growing equipment. Got a tent from african roots horticulture 1mx1m not a budbox or mammoth but it still works. Bought the the 240watt qb from psyclown. Inline fan hydor 4". In the tent iv got purple glam kush and caramel king in the back. Middle is random seeds i got from a mate. He says its purple haze.,but not sure. Front 2 clones from a mate slurricane and blunicorn. Thanks for all the help and inputs from you guys. And thanks for psyclown for helping when ever iv got an issue or a question 2380966fff0523bea5baf70bccce62f1.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Leeroy420 said:

I don't know if its to late to start a grow diary. Iv had a few set backs on this grow. Messing up with the coco buffering and all that. But i will do one next year after this grow.

It is never too late! Start one now and keep us updated on the progress of your plants.

Any questions or anything you are unsure of, ask in your diary too. 😄 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The point of a diary is not to brag.. OK.. yes, also to brag 😁 BUT... a beginner diary and you had issues before, will help you improve, as it is a lot easier to give accurate advice, when we see more detailed, what you did.

I encourage every new grower to run a as detailed diary as they can.. and there are enough competent people on the board to point you already to possible issues... before they even happen. If you still run into trouble, way easier to figure out what happened with a diary.. we learn from mistakes, don't be afraid to make some.. or you miss out 😉

I just burned 25 seedlings.. rather bad ^^ fuck ups will happen, doesn't matter if you just start or grow for 30 years. And that is a bit the fun part.. or after 30 years it would be boring as hell 😁 ... and it isn't 😂

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, Prom said:

The point of a diary is not to brag.. OK.. yes, also to brag 😁 BUT... a beginner diary and you had issues before, will help you improve, as it is a lot easier to give accurate advice, when we see more detailed, what you did.

I encourage every new grower to run a as detailed diary as they can.. and there are enough competent people on the board to point you already to possible issues... before they even happen. If you still run into trouble, way easier to figure out what happened with a diary.. we learn from mistakes, don't be afraid to make some.. or you miss out 😉

I just burned 25 seedlings.. rather bad ^^ fuck ups will happen, doesn't matter if you just start or grow for 30 years. And that is a bit the fun part.. or after 30 years it would be boring as hell 😁 ... and it isn't 😂

@Prom You really are super helpful to the forum, you should have some sort of role here (informally, obviously your role is expert grower!). Just uzzing free valuable info 🤙  

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

@Prom You really are super helpful to the forum, you should have some sort of role here (informally, obviously your role is expert grower!). Just uzzing free valuable info 🤙  

😁 expert grower my ass! Hehehehe average.. I am a average grower with a bit of experience. Also have to say.. I think the moderators of the board do a very good job, see zero reason why I should have some 'role' here. Beside my English is just not up to the task. Best advice I can give.. enjoy what you do and it will always end well. 

Have a sexy weekend folks! 😎

• Like 3