Compost Teas and how often I can use them

Hey hey all,

So as some of you may know I have had my Bubbleberry and Bubba Kush in my DIY tent for some time. Sitting in 20l fabric pots with Freedom Farm soils and Biobizz (Grow and Bloom) nutes.

The Bubba Kush got the boot to outside as it had some bananas, so I wasn't going to take the risk. The Bubbleberry is in week 7 of flower and started with the yellowing of leaves (yellow with brown/dark curling tips) already. I figured it was needing something and was not done yet, but considering the PH going in is as per FFs suggestion as well as nute schedule. I then decided to buy a bucket and an air pump and brew a tea. I used 2 cups of compost, 1 cup of worm castings, couple ml of bloom and 2 table spoons of molasses to 10litres of water.

I fed the bubbleberry this and she seemed to like it as finally the buds are fattening a bit. They were only as thick as my index finger, but some are starting to swell now.

My main question here being, can I feed the same tea recipe (fresh of course) again? I assume as I am really only feeding the microbes I can't really overdo it? I also took the left over mulch from my tea and top dressed the plant with it.

Some recent pics attached for reference.

Thanks!!

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

• Like 2

you can give your garden teas as often as you want.

the idea being to establish colonies of beneficial bacteria in the root zone.

so while i agree with myself about as often as you want, i must advise that you try diversify your teas.

get soil from different areas of your neighborhood, local forest or a well growing plant on the side of the road.

diversity is key if you want to succeed with microbes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

As long as you don't give loads of nitrogen so late into flower. I some times add a bit of pot ash and soft rock phosphate to my tea's. 

Thanks 😊

1 hour ago, CreX said:

check out my signature. i have a whole post about teas that you might enjoy

Thanks, was looking for that thread, couldn't remember where I found it 😃

• Like 1