What Equipment/tools do I need (outdoor)?

StonerZN

3 hours ago, StonerZN said:

More questions if anyone would be so kind.

1) FFarms say on their site that the classic shouldnt be used for germinating. Is this a thing? Sorta messes my plans to put seedlings straight into it if so...

2) When does one start counting the weeks for the strain? from germination or a certain point thereafter? This is mostly related to when to start feeding nutes.

3) When following Biobizz charts... Does one use the dilution they suggest in ALL waterings(i.e. only feed nuted water from then on), or simply a 4ml (for example) mixed intol 1litre water during that week. 

Would imagine the 2nd but was unsure so asking... 

@Prom would you be so kind as to share your amended feeding schedule when you have a moment? 

Other than that... Havent moved yet so still havent planted my special seeds yet ☹️

1) As soon as the seeds pop, I put them 1cm deep in FF Premium Classic and water with Root juice.

2) You start your clock when you drop the seed into the glass of water for 12 hours.

3) I try to give nutes on all feedings.. can be to much for some strains. You always have to use your eyes and check the leaves for troubles. If you are unsure, give every third feeding nutes and stick to water otherwise. The feeding amount is per liter you apply to the pots. Your feeding table says: 3 Grow, 2 Bloom and 1 Top Max.. you add that to each liter.. and apply the amount the plant needs for this single feeding.

OK.. my beefed up feeding tables for 8 and 10 weeks.. 9 and 11 week plants I just take the lower one.. 8 for 9, 10 for 11. 12 you have from the original table. 

To make it easy for me: Fish-Mix = F / Grow = G / Bloom = B / Top Max = TM / Rotating each feeding with Fish-Mix or Grow = FG |  4/4/4 = 4ml Grow, 4ml Bloom, 4ml Top Max per liter of feeding liquid. 

8 week Table

Week 1 4ml Root Juice

Week 2 2ml F

Week 3 3ml F

Week 4 3 ml FG / 2ml B 

Week 5 3ml FG / 3ml B / 1ml TM

Week 6 4ml G / 3ml B / 3ml TM

Week 7 4/4/4

Week8 Flush - if 9 weeks 4/4/4 and week 9 is flush

10 week Table

Week 1 4ml Root Juice

Week 2 2ml F

Week 3 3ml F

Week 4 3 ml FG / 2ml B 

Week 5 3ml FG / 3ml B / 1ml TM

Week 6 4ml FG / 3ml B / 2ml TM

Week 7 4ml G / 4ml B / 3ml TM

Week 8 4/4/4

Week 9 4/4/4

Week 10 Flush - If 11 weeks 4/4/4 and week 11 Flush

I haven't checked my Ph for over a year ^^ so you can skip that, if you use rain water.

If you kill your plants.. don't come running to me. Those tables takes no prisoners and on the 8 week table you might very likely run into yellow tips.. half the feeding amount for 1-2 feedings or give pure water. Then resume with the same dosage. If it comes back, your strain might not need that much.. some strains are very hungry out there, some are not ^^ And 1ml means 1ml.. not 2 not 3 or 4, the 5 is totally out of question😁 be as accurate as you can be and use your common sense. 

Edited by Prom
twice 8 week table ^^ hehehe one is 10
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bakstein420 said:

@felix2000 i can tell you why i never ended up getting the air pots. I did some research on them and found 2 deal breakers.

Some of your medium is prone to run out the holes when watering.

And the holes on the pot allow gnats easy access to wet soil. Can imagine a fungus gnat infestation in all those little holes would be near impossible to get rid of.

Thanks for your reply. 

• Like 1

@felix2000 i can tell you why i never ended up getting the air pots. I did some research on them and found 2 deal breakers.
Some of your medium is prone to run out the holes when watering.
And the holes on the pot allow gnats easy access to wet soil. Can imagine a fungus gnat infestation in all those little holes would be near impossible to get rid of.
Unless you deliver unto them a preemptive FFS with some cinnamon (if it really works) in the soil

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

In saying he wouldn't, he is expressing an opinion. I'm interested to understand why @PsyCLown would rather use fabric pots. I don't have a dog in the race, I'm using 30cm pots rested in a 25ltr bucket. complete opposite side of the spectrum in terms of pots. 

My bad dude. I was reading a different reply of his. He did indeed say he wasnt in favour of airpots in the reply you quoted. I must have been higher than I thought earlier

Also keen to hear his answer then because I have considered trying one out

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, felix2000 said:

@PsyCLown, if you don't mind me asking, why are you not in favor of airports? 

I believe it has something to do with being outdoors in this case. My guess would be your soil would dry out too fast for comfort. Fabric pots are a nice median. 

Airpots are boss when used indoors I rate, but personally I'm happy with what I get with fabric pots all-round, plus I have so many of them it would be a mission to replace them all 😆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@felix2000 I feel there are better pots out there.

They're messy to work with and will lead to your medium drying out very quickly. It's plastic so breathable only through the big holes.

It can also make watering them a bit trickier.

If you use them and they work for you, nothing wrong with that. Personal preference plays a role for sure.

Normal plastic pots and fabric pots are what I prefer to use.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

@felix2000 I feel there are better pots out there.

They're messy to work with and will lead to your medium drying out very quickly. It's plastic so breathable only through the big holes.

It can also make watering them a bit trickier.

If you use them and they work for you, nothing wrong with that. Personal preference plays a role for sure.

Normal plastic pots and fabric pots are what I prefer to use.

Thanks for your willingness to share. I don't use these pots, I've just seen them and always wondered about them. 

They look the something you would find on the event horizon, lol! 

• Like 1

I have a few of a mates fabric pots and must be honest, i am preferring normal plastic tapered buckets. 

My medium doesn't dry out from the heat as much and i like the firmness of plastic pots. i can one hand an entire pot! with fabric pots, things get trickier.

i am running in coco, so maybe that's why i am preferring them, if it were soil where i know the medium will hold a lot more water for longer, then airpots will be of more use to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CreX said:

I have a few of a mates fabric pots and must be honest, i am preferring normal plastic tapered buckets. 

My medium doesn't dry out from the heat as much and i like the firmness of plastic pots. i can one hand an entire pot! with fabric pots, things get trickier.

i am running in coco, so maybe that's why i am preferring them, if it were soil where i know the medium will hold a lot more water for longer, then airpots will be of more use to me.

Your buckets are a whole new ball game, quite different when compared to 20L plastic pots too.

Keen to see how it goes with your next grow in the buckets. 😄  Moving the buckets though, quite different compared to pots. haha

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Your buckets are a whole new ball game, quite different when compared to 20L plastic pots too.

Keen to see how it goes with your next grow in the buckets. 😄  Moving the buckets though, quite different compared to pots. haha

those massive totes hahaha. the plants grow so evenly and are really happy! They also allow me to cram a few more plants into an area i could only get a max of 9 in (1.2x1.2) with the large totes i can get many more in. currently have 12 plants in a 1.2x1.2, all the while giving all of them more than 20l of space to grow roots.

Another thing with the roots mingling.... apparently the plants release or start manufacturing a hormone that makes them grow more vertical and less horizontal. 

But yea... moving them is not an option and is a problem im going to need to deal with come defol in 3 weeks hahaha

• Haha 1

Fabric and air pots have a reason to be there. I think the advantage of the airpot is the increased surface area they generate.. and bring more air to the roots. As they are stable to lift, I would consider them, if they wouldn't be round ^^ I like my square pots 😂 Perfect to place together in early stages and easy to lift around.

Fabric pots are good and if you use them, they should provide some advantages too in regards to airing your roots way better. But they come with disadvantages too. Carry them around needs always 2 hands, my plastic pots I can handle with one hand. The more annoying issue is the top feeding. The liquid likes to run off over the outside of the pot and leaves the inside dry. I think you can only water fabric pots the right way over tray feeding, it needs to soak in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, StonerZN said:

Another thing that's bugging me...
How does one water with nutes all the time when it wont stop raining?? Either have to keep them inside or not fertilise...

If it rains a lot, check that your drainage works. The standing water will do most damage to your roots.

If it doesnt stop raining, consider building an arch 😁 if your plants flower, put them under cover. 

Never used any biodyne product.. let us know how it turns out. You find nothing on their website? Dosage is a bit key 😋