Durban/ KZN supply store

StonerZN

I have found a few online (no idea if they are any good or if there are better/cheaper)

Gro Hydro

Address: 51 Columbine Place, Glen Anil, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Telephone:

(078) 356-3214 – Gary – General Enquires
(072) 434-0360 –  Anthony – Technical Enquires
(082) 561-3671 – Dave – Whole Sale Enquires

Fax: +27(0)31 569 5329

Email: info@grohydro.co.za

Edited by StonerZN
Correct store name error

4 minutes ago, StonerZN said:

I have found a few online (no idea if they are any good or if there are better/cheaper)

EasyGro Hydro

Address: 51 Columbine Place, Glen Anil, Durban, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa

Telephone:

(078) 356-3214 – Gary – General Enquires
(072) 434-0360 –  Anthony – Technical Enquires
(082) 561-3671 – Dave – Whole Sale Enquires

Fax: +27(0)31 569 5329

Email: info@grohydro.co.za

That is Grohydro, have never heard them referred to as Easygro Hydro. Anyway they have pretty much everything you could need. Only bummer is they close half day on Friday's and don't open weekends.

My bad. stuffed that name up properly 😞 Definitely the same. 

Grovida's website doesn't seem to show either the Biobizz or FF ranges though 😞

Seems like somewhat slim pickings for us. 

I was under the impression there was one in Hillcrest/Kloof/Waterfall but now can't seem to find it. That would have been a little closer!

Seeds???
When I went there last they did say that they were going to start stocking seeds bro.

But if you want now, you could pay them a visit and pick up 2 regular seeds for free!

I'd appreciate if you told them that TheUltimateNoob from 420sa sent you over with the recommendation... I'm trying to build a relationship with that store.

bf55e6f9f965c59336301d26b60c3aea.jpge39fa2f2559fa8c9a21dfe8817e7ce96.jpg459c79efaa81a5c9f93b873d598a7d0e.jpg

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My bad. stuffed that name up properly  Definitely the same. 
Grovida's website doesn't seem to show either the Biobizz or FF ranges though

Seems like somewhat slim pickings for us. 

I was under the impression there was one in Hillcrest/Kloof/Waterfall but now can't seem to find it. That would have been a little closer!
Cannamart has an outdoor starter kit for 600 bro... Just check my previous comment.

Legend Ultimate Noob. A quick glance at their site seems to show them having all I need more or less. Doesn't matter to me where I get it from if the prices are right (they seem fair at first glance) so will gladly visit and mention you. 

Will be in a week or 3 as I finalise my shopping list. 

Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

When I went there last they did say that they were going to start stocking seeds bro.

But if you want now, you could pay them a visit and pick up 2 regular seeds for free!

I'd appreciate if you told them that TheUltimateNoob from 420sa sent you over with the recommendation... I'm trying to build a relationship with that store.

bf55e6f9f965c59336301d26b60c3aea.jpge39fa2f2559fa8c9a21dfe8817e7ce96.jpg459c79efaa81a5c9f93b873d598a7d0e.jpg

Im in jozi bru. But just finding out if they do.

When i am around there. Will definitly check it out. But from the combo pricing. . . It doesnt seem too appealing to me. As i know what i could get here in Jozi.

Was in the area so popped into both shops to kick some tyres and check things out.

Both friendly sets of people, had lots of advice to offer!
Cannamart definitely newer and smaller. Didnt have a lot on display per se, quite a bit of stuff seems to be stored off site. Not a biggy, provided you are prepared to preorder before arriving - you may be disappointed if you simply pop in. I think this is for safety reasons mostly, is a smallish shop... will definitely support them in future though.

GroHydro was quite the opposite seemed like a warehouse by comparison. Had everything I've read about available on shelf and I really enjoyed peaking at all the bits and pieces that are on display in their tents.
Very much felt like a kid in a candy store lol.

2 good experiences and 2 definite sources for all I need for a while!

Thanks again for the recommendations chaps.
Will keep my eyes open for more shopping options in KZN and update as I discover more.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was in the area so popped into both shops to kick some tyres and check things out.

Both friendly sets of people, had lots of advice to offer!
Cannamart definitely newer and smaller. Didnt have a lot on display per se, quite a bit of stuff seems to be stored off site. Not a biggy, provided you are prepared to preorder before arriving - you may be disappointed if you simply pop in. I think this is for safety reasons mostly, is a smallish shop... will definitely support them in future though.

GroHydro was quite the opposite seemed like a warehouse by comparison. Had everything I've read about available on shelf and I really enjoyed peaking at all the bits and pieces that are on display in their tents.
Very much felt like a kid in a candy store lol.

2 good experiences and 2 definite sources for all I need for a while!

Thanks again for the recommendations chaps.
Will keep my eyes open for more shopping options in KZN and update as I discover more.

Thanks for checking them out!
Yeah cannamart is a small store, but from what I've heard they might be selling seeds and clones soon.

I did tune them you sent me as well dude

They mentioned beginning work/planning to work with a company called Holy Smokes.

Didnt mention clones at all though.

The free seeds are apparently from said seed company.

Checked them out some seem really nice! Want the Banana Sativa in me now!

They did have a display version of the Atami Wilma system up which was nice to see. Is still under consideration for one day maybe best buy my lotto ticket

Store was tricky to find I must say. Maps tried to take me into the complex behind them, and due to being quite small I drove right past it.

Im in jozi bru. But just finding out if they do.
When i am around there. Will definitly check it out. But from the combo pricing. . . It doesnt seem too appealing to me. As i know what i could get here in Jozi.
Awe I get you, we're limited here in KZN ... Just the 2 shops and general gardening stores.

• Sad 1

I did tune them you sent me as well dude
They mentioned beginning work/planning to work with a company called Holy Smokes.
Didnt mention clones at all though.
The free seeds are apparently from said seed company.
Checked them out some seem really nice! Want the Banana Sativa in me now!

They did have a display version of the Atami Wilma system up which was nice to see. Is still under consideration for one day maybe best buy my lotto ticket

Store was tricky to find I must say. Maps tried to take me into the complex behind them, and due to being quite small I drove right past it.

Thanks bro, I really appreciate it.
I haven't paid them a visit in like a month but I'm gonna go there real soon, will let you guys know if there's anything worth telling you about.

Would be dope to have somewhere to buy seeds without having to pay delivery fees

Yeah one day bro. These pro lighting rigs are starting to get into the price range of cars

I should have mentioned that they're tucked in the side there, that was my bad..
I actually spotted it just driving pass the area one afternoon and decided to stop there... The guys thought I came to ask if they sold weed

• Haha 1

Legend Ultimate Noob. A quick glance at their site seems to show them having all I need more or less. Doesn't matter to me where I get it from if the prices are right (they seem fair at first glance) so will gladly visit and mention you. 
Will be in a week or 3 as I finalise my shopping list. 

Thanks for the recommendation!
No worries bro. Perhaps call first so they can get all your stuff together.

You can check grohydro's site as well if the prices look a bit better - I haven't really compared them and for what I buy, like nutes and soil, it's the same price so I haven't noticed.

They advertise edibles on their Facebook page, did you see any in store @StonerZN? Would be awesome if they started selling clones.
Will probably stop by them today, need some soil for transplants this weekend.
@StonerZN did you grab the free seeds?

They had some biscuits. Grabbed 2 to try. Felt a little bit of a tingle. Needed more sugar.

If you going today definitely message them first.
They had Atami mediums in store but all the FF stuff kept offsite...

Free seeds available only if buying grow supplies, not edibles... will get mine next time! Gotta move house first, not moving with bags of full soil

• Like 1

Have to add to this list...

St Clements Nursery
Musgrave
https://stclements-nursery.business.site/

Stock:
Basic pots
Their own soil (apparently very popular with locals)
One or two other surprises... PM for deets dudes

Got a 5l of their soil and 6 x 10cm smalls pots to grow out my pilot "bag" seed demo grow. Seems light and fluffy. Will post pics. Has bark (orchid) which I wasnt that keen on but was convinced to try...
All in all cost was R75.

They also apparently mix their own nutes which are available. Price seemed reasonable... may give it a run on the bag seed grow and see how it does

Highly recommend a pit stop if nearby.

• Like 1