WTF?!

Psylecta

Got a batch of younglings going and roughly 2 weeks ago I needed to make space in my other tub to train a mother so I transplanted the patient into the tub in the pics - a week in, I start noticing the first issues with the color shift, the fan leaves were only purple ever so slightly around the edges & the plant was still perky and happy so I figured maybe some phosphorus was needed but the color change just got worse & the plant still looks happy, flushing is also not helping

I have a 2 preflowering and 1 budding plant next to the patient (looks weird lots of 3 blade leaves) but no other plant is exhibiting any toxicity or purpling? This afternoon I go out and the fan leaves on patient completely deep purple as in pics, yesterday the newer growth had ranrom purple spotting and not purple edges like the fan leaves but today surely enough like in the pic that whole lil sugar leaf is purple

I don't have a PH pen so I got no idea where to start (except buying some dolomite) and am reluctant to risk ruining the rest o the plants to save one - even the buds themselves are getting an indigo blue/purple hue to it and I mean this is a swazi plant so any ideas would be appreciated cause im thinking nutrient overdose but if so what to do? Just flush and pray? My concern is the medium is very sandy, am I leaching the available phos in the sand by flushing?

IMG_20200928_135036.jpg

IMG_20200928_162315.jpg

IMG_20200928_135022.jpg

Edited by Psylecta
  • Like 1

As I mentioned in the other thread, I feel its genetic as well.

I would not recommend you flush either, the other plants in there will starve. Already they're looking quite light in colour and I feel could do with some extra nutes - if anything I feel you should be feeding them and not flushing.

Although having plants in veg and in flower in the same pot isn't going to work as their nutrient needs will vary. Also how do you manage the light? If its outdoors, that colourful plant will likely start to reveg at some point.

This threads title made me think of a song... Fat Boy Slim - Star 69, ooold song.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

I would not recommend you flush either, the other plants in there will starve. Already they're looking quite light in colour and I feel could do with some extra nutes - if anything I feel you should be feeding them and not flushing.

Although having plants in veg and in flower in the same pot isn't going to work as their nutrient needs will vary. Also how do you manage the light? If its outdoors, that colourful plant will likely start to reveg at some point.

This threads title made me think of a song... Fat Boy Slim - Star 69, ooold song.

Yeah haven't flushed again since cause I noticed the vegging guys were showing a lack nitrogen but I'm relieved very happy with her now that I'm certain I haven't f%cked it up

Yeah they outdoors, get tons of direct sun, lately 10 hours direct sun, not too worried about them revegging as I'll be transplanting the best of the vegging guys to a different pot (or donating them in prep for idiotic plant count law) then keep all my ladies in a dark room when the days start really stretching soon (been roughly 12/12 here in cpt lately)

Lmao 'they know what is what but they don't know what is what' not all that old dude come on we still spring chickens rotflmao

@prom overnight it can get it is a bit nippy but this plant doesn't seem to mind the cold cause the leaves aren't hugging' like they done when it was really cold 2 months back

But thanks again to all for the input - what should I do with this thread now seeing as its resolved? Delete or leave as is

On 9/29/2020 at 9:17 AM, PsyCLown said:

@CreX @PsyCLown @Bakstein420 just wanted to say thanks for mentioning the reveg issue on this plant, I didnt expect it to happen yet so I wasn't really looking but yup i caught 3 busy revegging so spent the day preping the dark room for all my ladies and transplanted the ''patient'' out the the tub straight into dark room for 14 hours with my other 3 flowering pots

Only thing is I'm not sure how long its been busy revegging, judging by the size of the single tiped leaf I'd guess less than a week - how many days would it take before reverting back to flowering if I take it to dark room after 10 hours daylight daily?

Edited by Psylecta
  • Like 1

Leave the thread, no need to delete it. It's a source of information for others.

I generally let the plants veg and settle after a transplant, before I flip to flower.
I'm not actually sure how much the roots will grow and recover now with the plant revegging and going straight back into flower.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The time it's gonna take to reveg properly will disappoint you lol... 

The plant won't flower well if you keep them that small as well... 

Advice is to let them reveg and let them get bigger... As well as try separate the plants, each into their own pots. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@CreX @PsyCLown Shit, yeah not to concerned bout the lil guys as like u say its beneficial to let them reveg because i planted them very late, its my big ladies I'm really worried about because if they reveg theres goes my harvest but now i created another problem, i haven't taken them out the the dark room today at sunrise like I was supposed to & I'm not sure what to do now as I likely have just f%*ked my photoperiod, so what's the safest thing to do with regards to minimizing light stress? Take them out now and let them get 4 hours light and take back in or leave them in darkness till tomorrow? Lmao the irony will be beyond me if an attempt to prevent a reveg leads to hermie army (FML! Lol )

An extended dark period of only a few hours is unlikely to affect them much.

I would take them outside and then tomorrow correct it and ensure you are consist with it.

Although the hermie trait is more prominent in some strains then others, some are just more sensitive.

• Like 1

@PsyCLown hmm, its been extended by more than a few hours though, put them in 17:00 yesterday so they've been in darkness for exactly 24 hours now, so its 10 over what it should of been then by tomorrow morning when I take them out would be 38 hours darkness in total 

But yeah I figured extra darkness would be less harmful than shocking it to short amount of light at unregular period just to put it back in darkness a hour from now - think im more stressed than the plants lol but just needed to make sure I'm following best P.O.A

Shot for that

@Totemic thank you brother, really appreciate that, my minds literally at ease now.

Any idea how long it would take to revert the reveggers back into flowering? (the purple one is young so I'm letting him reveg in a sepearte pot) -but the other 2 (much larger) have strong color on 50% of pistils so id really prefer to havest in 2 weeks as opposed to next season seeing as they almost there

I think I caught it early as the only symptom is leaves starting to twist, all edges still serrated & no shiny smooth pointy leaves anywhere but my concern and other questiom is: if the plant is officially in 'reveg' mode its obviously devoting its energy to growing new leaves and branches while ignoring buds right? (until I get it to flower again) this makes me my question my strategy cause if my goal is to delay harvest for 2 weeks to allow buds to mature a bit more but it takes say a week to stop the revegging, wouldnt that cancel eachother out as opposing to just harvesting now? (Hope u get what I'm trying to say) 

@PsyCLown some clear but most milky, none amber which is why i wanted to let them grow a lil longer - I guess what I'm trying to ask is wouldn't trichomes stop maturing on a plant thats revegging? (Since the plant is focused on new growth instead of old)

😂wouldnt it be awesome if we could just snip a revegging leaf to signal to the plant "hey its not time to veg" the same way cutting off bananas on a Hermie signals to the plant "hey you don't need this shit stop growing it"😂

I'm not actually sure, I imagine the trichome won't mature if its revegging - or if it does mature, may be at a much lower rate.

Perhaps someone else would chime in here and confirm.

If there are lots of milky, you could chop it still I guess, if you don't want to wait. Better than just clear trichs.

• Agree 1

Have transplanted out the soil tub into a small 5L pot, its on the small side but want to give the root system a chance to fill the pot nicely so i know she'll uptake everything i feed her before transplanting into final pot - if she really takes off I'll dedicate a 90L tub to this girl & LST her nice & early

014.JPG

• Like 1

@PsyCLown I've actually got 1 spare square bin and quite a couple round ones to spare, will upload some pics, maybe someones keen on trading a rooted cutting of something nice for my backyard

Square bin dimensions: L750/W400/H270 = 91L

Round bin dimensions: 550(r=275) H200 = 47L (has the slightest taper so call it 45L)

An update on the plants:

The dark room hasn't had the desired effect for reversing the revegging on 2 of the 3 pots, even my mother is now starting to show signs of revegging on the highest parts so in my one pot ive have chopped off the main cola on one plant (can barely see my hand its so fat) & clipped top 1/3 of the other plant but on this one just clipped the buds off & left the fan leaves as I want to see which one recovers better. Will upload pics later

would I be right in saying once the plants recover after 3 weeks they should start branching out like crazy not so? (Like Monster cropping a clone)

Edited by Psylecta

Got 1 square bin to spare & 6 round ones - PM if interested

Square bin has 4 drain holes in each corner but I've drilled tons into mine with no worries (plastic is very thick so won't deform or crack)

Looking at the round ones I'd imagine this could work for someone with a hydro setup or outdoor for seedlings 

Also uploaded whats left on the plants, let me know if you guys reckon I should leave as it is or trim a bit more

006_1.JPG

004_1.JPG

005_1.JPG

001.JPG

002_1.JPG

Edited by Psylecta