Light for motherplant

Fridge

Hi, as some of you might know I am an outdoor grower. However I am thinking of getting some genetics that are more expensive than the seeds I usually grow.

Now if this plant turns out to be a keeper, I'd like to make it my first motherplant. This in turn will make a little indoor setup necessary to bring it savely through winter. I look for a suggestion regarding the light I would need. It should be low in energy consumption and the light itself shouldn't cost too much as my budget is a bit tight.

My goal is to be able to clone it, give these clones to the community and of course also being able to grow it next season.

I look forward to your suggestions.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, Weskush said:

I know that this is an ancient thread but will my 30w floodlight be able to keep my mother plant in veg state indefinitely? My ppfd readings seems on par though. Just need to keep it about 20cm from the canopy.

Yes to keep the mother plant in veg that 30W will be enough. To be safe you can also run it 24h seeing as it's such a low wattage and loadshedding vibes.

• Thanks 1