Scrog topping main colas

GGG

I'm busy filling up my scrog and some main colas can't be tugged underneath any more, I have 3 weeks vegging left and I'm considering topping the cola at the back ( black) and hoping that the rest of the smaller colas ( blue) gets the upper hand. What's the pro's and cons doing that regarding yield. That main will be to high with the time left

Any advice will be appreciated 6dac78a4cbd6eaadaa10524525d8d5f9.jpg

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hey bro! Yeah I rate you definitely could! I think it all works for the good of the plant though and the size of the colas. So there is definitely a sweet spot. Size vs number of colas.

I’m going to start watching how I manage the space between colas. And opt for less colas depending on the size of the plant. And that could vary per strains... I’ve got 2 slurricane in 20l pots and they have arms reaching out all sides and I’m really just trying to manage and maintain these plants. And the BBG flowering now could have possibly done with less colas. Around 8. 1 plant has 8 and it’s performing the best. Also the smallest and most compact. But likely one of the heaviest.

So that back cola will definitely stretch over at the back. However it would only be an issue if there were plants behind it. I think best to leave it. 

This is my advise. 

• Like 1

I was watching the threads on mainling/manifolding and was thinking that if I top that back cola the smaller ones would get more woema, more colas then. At this point most energy goes to the back one and smaller ones is lagging

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GGG said:

I was watching the threads on mainling/manifolding and was thinking that if I top that back cola the smaller ones would get more woema, more colas then. At this point most energy goes to the back one and smaller ones is lagging emoji2369.png

The growth would be equivalent to that of the canopy and all you really trying to do is keep it even. So ya I think it would help👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 1

Hi @GGG , im afraid cutting just the one cola at the back will direct the energy to the whole plant.

The rest of the screen will dwarf that corner.

You can also trim whats below the screen to push the energy into the main buds.

Plants have a way of filling up the space in flower, a big consideration with scrog is the headspace + anticipated stretch.

• Like 2

Thx for all the suggestions guys
Decided to top that spesific one due to it being 10 cm higher, some of the others il supercrop that's closer to the lower ones.
Doing abit of every thing and learn from it.
The below pic I topped about a week + ago and it levelled out with the surrounding colas 8a482014d4b53c85a281f19ab232d059.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...