Nope

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I just had a refresh read up, I decided that why not just post it.

Auto-Flower and Training

In general, this is my personal opinion.. but as I grew a few 100, this is simply my stand of experience.

I did both LST and HST on Autos. HST I did topping and FIMing. I prefer LST and I quickly explain why.

LST (Light Stress Training)

I couldn't really notice any stress on a plant, when I did LST. It helps you get your canape even and you get better air flow and light on your buds, what makes them denser and more tasty.

1661245533_lstvshst.thumb.jpg.5c4c98992b77b8dd27aebdd90db35676.jpg

LST is what it says, you disturb the plant on a minimum and bind it to your liking to open it up and use to control how tall you want them.

I do not want to post to much information, as it really helps, if you read deeper into training methods before you just 'try'. Knowing what you do comes in all life situations with huge benefits.

LST.thumb.jpg.0886af41123e5090981414a3d1c88f8b.jpg

LST2.thumb.jpg.b5c1a9f9f4daf7aaaa36f7bcfde3f9a1.jpg

ScrOG (Screen of Green) uses a net/grid to help you with the spreading

ScrOG.thumb.jpg.5c93778627d4b9b588ef0418873d325a.jpg 

With the 4 plants per person, SOG (Sea Of Green) I do not even enter ^^ but my preferred method is also very depending on your climate control. You have so many plants in SOG, to not run into mold, system must work perfect.

HST (High Stress Training)

I do NOT recommend those methods to anyone having no idea what we talk about. Doing HST on a Auto can have a VERY negative effect on your yield! So if you do not know why and what you do.. don't grab any scissors!

When can you do HST? First of all, you did that on Photos and know your strain to perfection. Your auto plant is praying and is a little god damn happy mother f@$%er, environment is perfect. Only then, you can consider it!!

One last word: NEVER EVER!!!!!! FIM during flower! That will for sure ruin your harvest.

Topping

Topping.thumb.jpg.64c748ce38c2dded56d83a31c3415eee.jpg

The topping cut is a tick to high to my liking, but is the right area, I usually cut closer to the nodes I keep, like on the first photograph, right side part.

FIMming (FCUK I Missed (on purpose^^))

FIMing.thumb.jpg.d8e025d047bfbd83085657ab0f62366c.jpg

Why FIM? FIM gives you more colas. Instead of 2 mains you get on topping, FIMing can provide you 4 to 6 mains, but is also to my experience the most stressful disturbance you can hit the plant with. Topping seems to be a notch less stressy in my experience. But still.. HST is exactly what is says: HIGH stress for the plant. She will show you the finger for a certain time duration.. how long, that is the question. With limited life time on Autos.. to long and your yield suffers catastrophically. Avoid stress when the plants flower, you will reduce potency for sure.

So yeah, grab the scissors and snip at your own risk.. if you never did it, start with a Photo, you can bugger her as much as you want during Veg and keeping her on 18/6. You just waste time and should gain yield. Once you put them 12/12, same rule, keep stress to a minimum.

I ran into the pics at fastbuds and as pics explain better as any words, I grabbed them, so the pics are NOT made by me.

Quick ADDON ^^

If you grew the autos before and they became 1.50 and taller, strong, fast growing strain, Topping or FIMming becomes way more interesting. If the strain stayed around to 75-90cm tall, just LST. You don't want to disturb them to much. Trained plants never grow taller as untrained... so dwarfs will not go giant with what ever training you do. You train to improve the quality of the colas you grow.

Edited by Prom
ADDON
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is great @Prom thanks for taking the time brother/sister(being PC, no offence intended). From my experience training autos is massively beneficial, but... you need to be on top of it all the time . Unfortunately I wasn't able to be with my plants everyday because I need to travel for work. I also found it very difficult training the plants with super tight internodal spacing, particularly if you start the LST in the early stages of the plants life. My experience... autos are super fun to grow! Make sure you acquire the best genes you can afford. 

Edited by Heteropyxis
incorrect words used - ham fisted moron typing.