Consumed too much?

Fridge

Hi everyone, 

I haven't seen a thread of this nature on this forum so I guess I'll just start one. I am sure that this would be usefull especially for people that just started or are about to start using cannabis for whatever reason. Surely many first time users will never use cannabis again because they overdid it and their experience turned into anxiety and/or paranoia instead of laughter and joy.

Which consumption method would you recommend for first time use and why?

Also what do you do when you find yourself being "too far out".

Let me start. I think a little vape or smoke is the way to go if you're new to cannabis. The effects come on way faster than with edibles and therefore it's easier to find the sweet spot you're most comfortabel with.

When I get too enthousiastically and accidently consume too much there’s one thing that helps big time and that is foooood.

• Like 2

Depends... anything you burn and inhale is bad for your lungs. So if you are or were a cigarette smoker... smoking a joint, will not make the condition of your lungs much worse. 😁 If you never smoked before, dont start it for weed. Vaporizer for dab or bud.. pen or desk rig would be my recommendation. Consumables are difficult to dose, agree with @Fridgedoor Last eatables i made, butter and brownies mix. Ate one, not much after three hours, ate 2 more, had a sweet buzz for 5 hours. Considered them safe. Gave a friend some, he also smokes but 15 years younger. He came the next day and gave them back minus one 😂 he got knocked out for 6 hours and was not in the mood for another one. He never trusted me with ateables anymore after.

What brings me to to much. There are 2 general conditions occuring

Has many names, greenies, green fever,... you name it, somebody had it 😉 It likes to occur preferred in combination with alcohol. Weed and booze dont mix to well. Result is pale to green face and people sweat as the body goes into shock. Nasty head spin. As most try to ignore the condition, they start taking it serious when they start to vomit. If you get dizzy, lay down and put something below your feet to raise them above your head. Stay down till you feel better. Short snooze sorts it fastest. 30 mins you good. If you did had a sweat phase, mix 1 tea spoon of salt or sugar (depending availability and preference) into 1 liter of water and drink a glass, sorts your electrolytes back, which you lost over the sweat. 

Ate to much... person hardly responding

The guy coming to the party and not getting the browny story, is most likely to get a face paint 😂

To my knowledge you cant eat enough to reach a letal dosage before you vomit of over eating. Had to much, keep calm and have a sleep, happens in this case by body fatique anyhow... will take some hours to get back to normal. You dont really give a rats ass while they paint your face either. 😁 i consume thc products for over 35 years now, never ever had a letal case around me because of marijuana consumption. 

• Agree 1

Thanks @Prom for your input. I agree smoking wouldn't necessarily be the best way for a first time user that doesn't smoke anyways. So vape it is.

Don't get me wrong I didn't start this because I believe you can die from and overdose of THC. As far as I know it's impossible to die from an overdose of cannabis. This is one of the reasons why I chose cannabis over alcohol in my teen years. It's just that too much THC in your system can be quite an uncomfortable experience.

For me getting into cannabis was a bit like learning to surf. You'll get whiped out a lot in the beginning but eventually you'll get the hang of it and learn how to handle it and always have a good time. Many surfers give up as they get frustrated by getting whiped out and I think many people have an uncomfortable first-time experience with cannabis and will never do it again. That's what I'd like to prevent with this thread :).

My humble experience. I don't do the vape thing at all, so only joints/blunts and edibles. My partner had never experienced cannabis when we met. She was interested, but didn't want to smoke as she is a serious long distance runner. So one Saturday morning i made some canna-butter and proceeded to whip up a batch of french toast with crispy bacon and honey. GREAT IDEA, i thought... Wrong, the meal was potent! and she had a really hard time. It took months before she was prepared to try again. I feel that if she had just had a few hits then like she does now, it is easier to feel out how baked she's getting '. Eds are difficult to dose, especially if you don't know what the content is. Guess the same goes for vapes, you can control how baked you're getting. Cool topic, i hope to read more peoples ecxperience.

• Like 2

I think firstly one needs to ensure the quality of the weed is decent and that it was harvested at the right time - when you harvest your weed can play a big role in the effects it gives.

If you harvest too early, you have a higher chance of getting a racy high and anxiety / paranoia.

Set and setting - very important factor as well, make sure the person is comfortable and in a good state of mind.

Edibles are probably not the right way as everyone reacts differently to edibles. I think smoking or preferably vaping is most preferable. Start them on a few puffs, then give them 10 min or so to feel it and get use to it and decide whether they want to smoke a bit more or if they're good.

Vaping is not nearly as harsh as smoking, tastes way better too. You've gotta take more hits as well, so a bit easier to dose.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I think firstly one needs to ensure the quality of the weed is decent and that it was harvested at the right time - when you harvest your weed can play a big role in the effects it gives.

If you harvest too early, you have a higher chance of getting a racy high and anxiety / paranoia.

Set and setting - very important factor as well, make sure the person is comfortable and in a good state of mind.

Edibles are probably not the right way as everyone reacts differently to edibles. I think smoking or preferably vaping is most preferable. Start them on a few puffs, then give them 10 min or so to feel it and get use to it and decide whether they want to smoke a bit more or if they're good.

Vaping is not nearly as harsh as smoking, tastes way better too. You've gotta take more hits as well, so a bit easier to dose.

i agree lol... mostly.

from what i can see on tv nowdays is still mostly joints... noobs that have no experience notice these things and kind of have what they see on tv as an idea in their head about how to consume it. Joints and bongs mostly.

so as a beginner i might be inclined to start of with a joint or a bong as opposed to heavy vapes that look like something out of a space movie. kinda makes me wonder what the next step is from there? intravenous injection?? LOL ok ok ok that was a bit far fetched.

but one thing my ex has taught me, is that just because we know what may be the best/ healthiest/ tastiest/ most enjoyable way to consume weed.

but without the journey of learning and experiencing the different aspects of weed, one can learn how they best enjoy weed.

and for me, starting at the top isnt the ideal way to introduce weed to a new person.

and i love the taste of burning marijuana ... the hot coal on the tip of the joint... the smoldering of a fat bowl in a bong... the deep taste of the smoke and the after taste aswell... the taste of the paper and the caramelized flavour of the burning roach. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CreX said:

i agree lol... mostly.

from what i can see on tv nowdays is still mostly joints... noobs that have no experience notice these things and kind of have what they see on tv as an idea in their head about how to consume it. Joints and bongs mostly.

so as a beginner i might be inclined to start of with a joint or a bong as opposed to heavy vapes that look like something out of a space movie. kinda makes me wonder what the next step is from there? intravenous injection?? LOL ok ok ok that was a bit far fetched.

but one thing my ex has taught me, is that just because we know what may be the best/ healthiest/ tastiest/ most enjoyable way to consume weed.

but without the journey of learning and experiencing the different aspects of weed, one can learn how they best enjoy weed.

and for me, starting at the top isnt the ideal way to introduce weed to a new person.

and i love the taste of burning marijuana ... the hot coal on the tip of the joint... the smoldering of a fat bowl in a bong... the deep taste of the smoke and the after taste aswell... the taste of the paper and the caramelized flavour of the burning roach. 

There is always going to be personal preference - any beginner will need to find what works best for them.

I do agree that majority of people will start with a joint or bong, unless they have a friend who has a vape and can help guide them.

7 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Haha ok, when I talk about vape I am referring to vapes which take dry herb.

Although nothing wrong with pens which take cartridges, but never tried that myself to be honest.

lol! I've tried neither,  hoping the order arrives on Friday so i can give it a whirl.

Edit: whats the dry herb vape like? I

Edited by felix2000
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Haha ok, when I talk about vape I am referring to vapes which take dry herb.

Although nothing wrong with pens which take cartridges, but never tried that myself to be honest.

I'm skeptical on those carts. There aren't really many legit ones and the ones I've seen in SA are none branded and like 90% THC concentrate. If we're talking about consuming too much, definitely use the vape and cart 🤣

21 minutes ago, felix2000 said:

Edit: whats the dry herb vape like?

You'll never go back.

..well maybe sometimes because it's not always available 😆 the only time I don't dry herb vape is when I go out to friends because hey don't own any and still bong 🤯

• Like 1

Im with @Ill_Evan and @PsyCLown on the dry herb vaporizer. New users can adjust temperatures to avoid getting super baked.

A person very dear to me has Glaucoma, started on the dry herb vape about a year ago , sets temps aroumd 180 to 190 these days, seems like a sweetspot. Cant remember the exact temps for what effects, worth a search online when starting. They are doing well and only uses the dry herb vape as treatment.

About edibles, when using rosin between 60% - 90% thc, assuming the calculations are done correct - 1mg = microdosing, 10mg = new users that want to feel euphoria, 30mg = more experienced users to feel euphoria / also treating various medical conditions. Over 30mg can get a bit gutwrenching for new users, where 100mg and 150mg is seriously high flying.

There are online edible calculators that will help calculate doses "gummy dose calculator".

Serious medical conditions can require the latter high doses, where cbd can be used to counteract the strong high.

I would advise new users to get some cbd as a go too if they feel overconsumed, also lemon rinds with lemonjuice, a pinch of salt mixed in water will help a lot.

Dont quote me on all the above, do the research, i just jotted down what i could remember, some facts might not ne 100% anymore.  :-rolled

Edited by Dank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dank said:

Im with @Ill_Evan and @PsyCLown on the dry herb vaporizer. New users can adjust temperatures to avoid getting super baked.

A person very dear to me has Glaucoma, started on the dry herb vape about a year ago , sets temps aroumd 180 to 190 these days, seems like a sweetspot. Cant remember the exact temps for what effects, worth a search online when starting. They are doing well and only uses the dry herb vape as treatment.

About edibles, when using rosin between 60% - 90% thc, assuming the calculations are done correct - 1mg = microdosing, 10mg = new users that want to feel euphoria, 30mg = more experienced users to feel euphoria / also treating various medical conditions. Over 30mg can get a bit gutwrenching for new users, where 100mg and 150mg is seriously high flying.

There are online edible calculators that will help calculate doses "gummy dose calculator".

Serious medical conditions can require the latter high doses, where cbd can be used to counteract the strong high.

I would advise new users to get some cbd as a go too if they feel overconsumed, also lemon rinds with lemonjuice, a pinch of salt mixed in water will help a lot.

Dont quote me on all the above, do the research, i just jotted down what i could remember, some facts might not ne 100% anymore.  :-rolled

I meant to mention this as well. Using CBD to help counter anxiety and paranoia.

• Agree 1

So I agree with what most of you are saying here, but I think the common thread is that everyone is different. I have a mate who is notoriously bad on cannabis. It just affects him the wrong way. And recently I convinced him to try some edibles, but being the big guy he is I opted to give him a 10mg dose over 2.5 or 5...and well it still didn't sit well with him. Eish!

So it can often also just be down to the person. But I also feel like smoking it would be better in terms of the effects coming on. And for them to apply the same concept as edibles (just shorter). i.e. have a few puffs, give it 10-30min and then see how you feel and then you can always do more. I feel like that is more reliable than edibles for the first time where it can take hours based on numerous factors. 

• Like 1