Three branches per node.

West Coast Vaper

Question

@DamDave  I had this happen to a blue dream I grew. The plant ended up topping itself and I had 2 main colas...
Yeah, now that you mention it. Seed is from my last outdoor. That plants roots pushed it's way through the pot about 500mm into the ground and 7 instead of the usual 5 leaf and was bushy as hell.
The indoor grow i didn't notice anything as I was topping, fimming you name it. Newbie first indoor before I found the forum.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

So I ventured into the land of LST. Bent the main stem 90 degrees and the plant has gone ballistic. What's the next step or should I not fcuk around?e5df5d4148a57f53421a3f9d858bb92a.jpg

Depends on what you want to achieve, il do some Fimming or topping on the main bigger growth to stun that branch and wait for the new exposed ones to catch up, or you can tie down the main branch lower than the new ones also.
Many ways train to achieve a even canopy

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want to achieve, il do some Fimming or topping on the main bigger growth to stun that branch and wait for the new exposed ones to catch up, or you can tie down the main branch lower than the new ones also.
Many ways train to achieve a even canopy

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

What do I want to achieve? Usually maximum bud .
I was thinking about training the main stem in a circle round the inside of the pot rim but not sure if I'm gonna bush the plant out too much.

12 hours ago, DamDave said:

What do I want to achieve? Usually maximum bud emoji51.png.
I was thinking about training the main stem in a circle round the inside of the pot rim but not sure if I'm gonna bush the plant out too much.

Good idea..👍

Ended up bending the plant and was gonna train it to circle the inside of the pot. Cancel that idea.
First time at attempting training and the speed at which growth changes has blown my mind man.
My Durban Poison plants outside are cowering behind the pot rims as I'm eyeing them out. f6d886c946e30ea3722b2bb652f662c5.jpgd0e2d0a916e0548aace1adc0aad4286b.jpga9ad39078054e75c7f3299fe330dfa27.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, DamDave said:

Hey there bud's.

Anyone come across this before. I have 3 branches instead of the usual 2 at the nodes of my Jack Berry.

If you look at the base there are 3 leaves as well.1f3a8dd8da746956d54f9698777212ca.jpg8ba482e80b4510b99170d6d0853c70e1.jpg

Yeah I've had a few mutations before, mostly 2 colas on tip & tri leaves like yours

And yes LST works wonders & you'll always notice the difference in growth between parts of the plant that gets the most direct/undisturbed light - that's why I always force my bottom branches to grow horizontally instead of lollipopping, the moment they get proper light they take off

23 hours ago, DamDave said:

Jack Berry doing well I think.3c0db0de80c2e816b773dcd18ebb86d5.jpg

They looking real good bud, maybe make some tie downs to plug into the grass to force them to grow away from eachother, the ones in the middle gonna struggle for light eventually especially since these guys look very indica dominant

They looking real good bud, maybe make some tie downs to plug into the grass to force them to grow away from eachother, the ones in the middle gonna struggle for light eventually especially since these guys look very indica dominant
Thanks man. This one is indoors. Getting some yard time.