Mainlining clones

Fridge

Hi everyone, 

this season I'll grow some clones besides plants grown from seed.

I always mainlined my photoperiod plants from seed so far. I know it's a bit different to train clones that way. I'll follow nugbuckets technic but maybe one of you guys has some additional advise? Or should I just follow the instructions in the link below?

https://www.growweedeasy.com/main-line-clones-nugbuckets

Thanks for any input!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fridgedoor said:

Hi everyone, 

this season I'll grow some clones besides plants grown from seed.

I always mainlined my photoperiod plants from seed so far. I know it's a bit different to train clones that way. I'll follow nugbuckets technic but maybe one of you guys has some additional advise? Or should I just follow the instructions in the link below?

https://www.growweedeasy.com/main-line-clones-nugbuckets

Thanks for any input!

You can definitely mainline clones, although it won't be as symmetrical as a plant grown from seed because clones would stagger their nodes as they are not the main stem of the plant. You'll notice on a normal, untrained cannabis plant that the nodes on the main stem are symmetrical and the nodes on the branches are staggered. 

So I rate you just gotta choose the top two nodes, of which one will be lower than the other, and just train them to grow level at the canopy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks @SkunkPharm, for some reason I overlooked your post. It seems like I don't always receive notifications anymore. Anyone else with that problem?

At what stage do you take wire the off? I always just tied the branches down and left them tied down till harvest. Maybe I should go with the wires this run.

Edited by Fridgedoor

You can definitely mainline clones, although it won't be as symmetrical as a plant grown from seed because clones would stagger their nodes as they are not the main stem of the plant. You'll notice on a normal, untrained cannabis plant that the nodes on the main stem are symmetrical and the nodes on the branches are staggered. 
So I rate you just gotta choose the top two nodes, of which one will be lower than the other, and just train them to grow level at the canopy. 
I agree...

At the OP
You could still do it, it will just take a bit more effort... Go with Nebula Haze's method if you want to shave a week off the veg period...

Here's a link to my Nebula Mainline;
https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/harvested-nirvana-blue-dream-indoor-grow-nebulas-manifold.1548198/

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

That was an awesome read @TheUltimateNoob. Quite a lot of information. And that plant of yours filled the tent quite nicely. I think I'll document my process too. This below are four mainlined plants from seed just after the went into flower.

20200208_133225.thumb.jpg.4d4686aacb5114ae50c25d0d7b663ba6.jpg
Thanks for the read bro! I really appreciate it... Documenting your grow really helps as its easy to figure out what you did differently if something goes wrong.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2