First grow harvest and curing help

Raf

Hi All,

I have posted in the new joiner but as I'm entering the harvest period I will need some guidance on timing. I planted in winter indoors so flowers are looking really good now but have no clue what week I'm in. It looks like the trichomes are still clear and not ready but not sure when I should stop supporting with 3 part nutrition. From what I have seen I should stop this 2 weeks before harvest and also decrease watering as I get closer to the big day. I have some pics but aware its difficult to make a call on this from the pics.

For now I need some guidance on when to stop the 3 part nutrients and should I continue with earthworm compost until harvest or allow the flowers to soak up everything from the plant? eef7280c8f1864e75923c44998fdcd4d.jpg4863f0672e1778e0745a5f489f3e99de.jpg24743afb9d91f182cea861a9f323b247.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do not see much bud at all, mostly leaves.

I reckon you still have a while to go, you will ultimately need to get a microscope / loupe to check the trichomes and then base your decision as to when to harvest based on that.

It will start off clear, then turn milk and then eventually turn an amber / orange colour. If you want to flush, you can start flushing when you see a bit of amber coming through. You will then gain a bit of insight and experience and next time can try a different amber ratio and see what you prefer.

• Like 1

Looks like the buds still need to fatten up, when did you first notice her start pushing pistils?
I think she still has awhile to go.
Can't recall exactly but could easily be 1 and half months ago. She only really started shooting out maybe 3 weeks ago.

It looks like they might even be trying to reveg.. 
How much light are they getting, and what are the strains? 
Supposed to be Northern Lights and Blue Cheese. These are outdoor in Johannesburg so only really getting good light the last few weeks including the cold front that just passed

any outdoor street lights or house lights that might shine on them at night? 

by the end of September it will be too late to flower marijuana outdoors without a lot of effort moving the plants in every night at the same time.

if you leave them, they will not finish flowering, but instead, start growing again, and you wont get another chance to flower outdoor until like march next year.

are they in pots or in the ground?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 8:43 AM, CreX said:

any outdoor street lights or house lights that might shine on them at night? 

by the end of September it will be too late to flower marijuana outdoors without a lot of effort moving the plants in every night at the same time.

if you leave them, they will not finish flowering, but instead, start growing again, and you wont get another chance to flower outdoor until like march next year.

are they in pots or in the ground?

I don't have any street lights close by, the area I have them is relatively dark. Also don't use the garden lights where are have them. I have them in pots and can move them but not keen on moving them around everyday to flower. 

3 hours ago, Raf said:

Can anyone advise if this is normal? 

I have picked up some worms and been picking them away 1 by one but not sure if these girls have a disease which is causing the leaves to yellow as well? 

IMG_20200924_174635.jpg

The browning could be a mold/budrot, i had a stem go mushy brown and break off last week so if u been leaving plant out in rain (morning dew can also make shit) then could be the case, but I could be wrong so hopefully another forum member can give u a definitive answer

With the yellowing of the leaves (leaf, lol) this is somewhat normal if you close to harvest time - theres no chlorosis on your leaves so you been doing good with nutrients, if any more leaves start yellowing then add some worm castimgs for nitrogen instead of synthetic fert if you dont want to flush and see if that helps but I agree with the other forum members when they say you still quite a while away from harvest 

Get a 30x microscope and keep an eye on it like psyclown said - trichome method is foolproof - one caveat though while the tips/stalks of trichromes do turn amber on most strains (as they degrade) on some strains they do not turn amber so pay attention to the structure/shape of the trichome also - as the ball/tip begins changing color from milky to amber they also start degrading making the shape of the trichome change as the stalk will start to slump over (& turn amber)

@Raf check the budsite by the base of that one yellowing leaf, i reckon you got mold/rot because the rest of your plant looks perfectly healthy so I highly doubt its a deficiency & while yellowing is normal close to harvest time - your yellowing is very isolated to a single leaf - so if the branch is browning/any discoloration or you find any mold or rot, cut off the affected area so it doesn't spread

Only other suggestion besides keeping it indoors overnight & a lil defoliation would be too use a bigger pot before flowering, (hard to tell your pot size/height but plant looks easily 5x taller than pot) root bound plants have much shorter spacing between nodes (all growth is 'compressed' or closer together) making them potentially more prone to budrot/mold issues if everything is allowed to grow on top of another.

Check out the link below

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/bud-rot