What is your favorite strain right now?

The Madd Scientist

Welcome.

Not sure I have a favorite, although what I personally look for in a strain which I want to grow is the following:

• Frosty AF - the more frost the better, if I could run my finger over it and end up with trichomes all over my finger that would make me happy. I want the frost to be like icing on a cupcake.
  • Yield - needs to be good yield, 80g from a plant but preferably over 100g per plant. Obviously yield is hard to judge, although I base it on the rest of my plants which are grown in the same environment and with the same training and light etc.
  • Potency - needs to hit me like a train. Pointless if it looks nice, but I need to smoke 2 bowls to get me baked.
  • Terps - lemon is boring, something nice and exciting and preferably something which does not taste like cardboard.
  • Flower duration - around 10 week is acceptable. When it starts getting to 12 weeks+ it becomes a bit tedious.
  • Must be stable, no weird mutations which do not work in my favour
  • Phenotypes should be limited preferably, soo much pollen chucking at the moment. Would love to get seeds with limited phenos.

I do not care which strains were bred to get the above, if its fire it is fire. Strain names, especially the common shit is overrated as more than half the stuff on the market is not what they claim it to be. It's not bred from the cut which made it popular.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Wanted to give you double tap for your reply @PsyCLown. But there are some excellent strains out there, seedbanks are upping their game, its easier to find out exactly what you are growing, but damn there are guys making fortunes in the seed market. I have always tried sticking with private breeders, and not commercial seedbanks. You always seem to find some unreal strains through them strange guys in the hills. If I could find a dude called snowhigh again, I would be a very happy person. He supplied me with amazing genetics a couple years ago. The one I remember above the rest was called "pipedream". Saved my life.

Favorite right now:
Cali Orange.

New creations:
Any solid hybrids bred with african sativa's. Power. Put some kush in it, afghan, mix some mazar-i-sherif in there you have an easy outdoor growing strain.

• 5 months later...

if it looks, smells and smokes good I am down to clown, but as far as "strains" go I couldn't say man, probably haven't even scratched the surface of what is concidered "strains"... I actually prefer smoking as much different kinds of weed as I can, because of that fact. couldn't smoke the same weed for more than a week even if I reeeeaally liked it.