Little critters

Scoobydoob

What's good mr.Scooooob ✌️

That little fuckker is a Gnat Larvae.

Eggs in the soil hatch out when conditions are favourable. It's only the first 5-10cm of the top soil that's the problem. The mixture of oxygen and moisture and bacteria in that area is often times just perfect for them and 90% of soil has some kinda bug eggs in it.

Don't let your medium get water logged, if your medium doesn't dry out in 48hrs, give less at a time (in theory it's better to water 3 times a day than once every 3 days). Low air movement and high RH is what they want, so make sure your RH is where it needs to be and you got goooood air movement everywhere in the tent. (Undercanopy above the soil in this case)

I am sure your Bioneem will help you a lot (doesn't solve the problem on contact, for that you will need Pyrol). Like you mentioned, keep spraying the Neem, weekly. Just don't spray during flower!!! I love bioneem, always have it on hand!

If that light brown stuff on top of the soil isn't DE, I would also suggest to keep a good amount of Diatomaceous Earth on hand. Always. Mix it into all your grow mediums and top dress with it!!! Sorts out any living thing in the soils. I've even seen people wetting the plant and literally dust covering the whole plant. Leave it on the plant for 2 days and wash it off.

Peace and love for the big dog

:-flyinghi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What's good mr.Scooooob 
That little fuckker is a Gnat Larvae.
Eggs in the soil hatch out when conditions are favourable. It's only the first 5-10cm of the top soil that's the problem. The mixture of oxygen and moisture and bacteria in that area is often times just perfect for them and 90% of soil has some kinda bug eggs in it.
Don't let your medium get water logged, if your medium doesn't dry out in 48hrs, give less at a time (in theory it's better to water 3 times a day than once every 3 days). Low air movement and high RH is what they want, so make sure your RH is where it needs to be and you got goooood air movement everywhere in the tent. (Undercanopy above the soil in this case)
I am sure your Bioneem will help you a lot (doesn't solve the problem on contact, for that you will need Pyrol). Like you mentioned, keep spraying the Neem, weekly. Just don't spray during flower!!! I love bioneem, always have it on hand!
If that light brown stuff on top of the soil isn't DE, I would also suggest to keep a good amount of Diatomaceous Earth on hand. Always. Mix it into all your grow mediums and top dress with it!!! Sorts out any living thing in the soils. I've even seen people wetting the plant and literally dust covering the whole plant. Leave it on the plant for 2 days and wash it off.
Peace and love for the big dog
:-flyinghi

Thanks man Could well be the problem aswell , I’m using a thick layer of sand to keep them at bay and haven’t seen any gnats on the top or on the sticky traps. I’m growing in coco so I’m watering everyday so will definitely also take a look at diatomaceous earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Thanks man Could well be the problem aswell , I’m using a thick layer of sand to keep them at bay and haven’t seen any gnats on the top or on the sticky traps. I’m growing in coco so I’m watering everyday so will definitely also take a look at diatomaceous earth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a similar issue with some gnats a year or so ago... A nice layer or Perlite on top helped with it also.

Seems like if you cut them off at the surface, you'll win the fight.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I find your comment interesting about not spraying in flower. I have a plant that just started flowering (bout 4 weeks in) and I noticed a small wpm problem that returned so I sprayed with Pyrol because of the neem oil in it that kills the spores. Can I still let it grow and harvest?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi @Vee, luckily you have used pyrol for the spray.

it has a half life of 24 hours and is no longer active after 48 hours, so if you wanted to eat your cannabis it would be completely safe to do so!

but because you are going to be smoking it, you need to be cautious in flower with what you spray.

if there are any residue markings on the leaves, i would spray with water... or let the rain sort it out.

Pyrol is not actually very useful for WPM. pyrol is an aid in the eradication of bugs on your plants...kills them on contact.

for WPM you can use copper soap, but again not in flower... in flower, weekly milk sprays are useful. dilute fresh milk down to 5050 with water, and spray weekly to get control over WPM 

• Like 1

Thanks!

I recently had to spray all the plants although they are in flower, they only look to be bulking up now on the buds so I think it should be okay. One worry is that the wpm did return on one plant after a previous spray so I would need to find alternate solutions now. I am vegan so unfortunately milk will not be good to use. Do you perhaps have any alternatives for treating while in flower?

Sounds like a good water spray will be the best option right now.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

photo_2020-09-22_12-33-45.jpg

5 hours ago, Vee said:

Thanks!

I recently had to spray all the plants although they are in flower, they only look to be bulking up now on the buds so I think it should be okay. One worry is that the wpm did return on one plant after a previous spray so I would need to find alternate solutions now. I am vegan so unfortunately milk will not be good to use. Do you perhaps have any alternatives for treating while in flower?

Sounds like a good water spray will be the best option right now.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

photo_2020-09-22_12-33-45.jpg

Not sure how vegans work... But I really don't think you should be splitting ends over your home grown... If you had any idea what has been put on the weed you bought, you would probably never smoke again.... 

And no dissing your lifestyle choices... But this forum is dedicated to helping you grow the best herb possible... And I don't think you should be forcing your views on your plant... 

You have a problem with WPM... Unfortunately you will need to deal with it head on or it will get worse. 

There is a product called AQSF, which you could use instead... But not sure how vegan friendly it is

• Agree 1

I really stopped buying weed because I know about what you mentioned, that's why it tastes so bad and burns etc. I'm training these plants so I'd hardly consider growing according to my preference "forcing". I am looking for all possibilities to make an informed decision which I am sure is ok to do. Thanks for the heads up on that product, I'll check it out and see what  the ingredients are.

Thanks a  million

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Vee said:

I really stopped buying weed because I know about what you mentioned, that's why it tastes so bad and burns etc. I'm training these plants so I'd hardly consider growing according to my preference "forcing". I am looking for all possibilities to make an informed decision which I am sure is ok to do. Thanks for the heads up on that product, I'll check it out and see what  the ingredients are.

Thanks a  million

Coolest,

I did not mean any offense to you. 

The copper soap works very well for plants not in flower... And should be enough of a prevention to keep that grow happy in flower with out additional sprays. 

But AQSF should be fine in flower. 

Again ideally you don't want to spray anything on the ladies in flower ever... But when shit hits the fan you gotta do the things to save the crop✌️

• Like 1

@CreX thanks so much for that! Your feedback is very insightful and will go a long way in helping me with this dilemma 😎

@PsyCLown the infestation isn't bad and the pyrol spray has helped due to the neem oil which I read up neutralizes the spores but I am getting ready for a potential return in which case I will use your and @CreX's suggestion and hit it with the AQSF.

Thank you kindly gromies!

• Like 1

@Vee I believe he is referring to Ampelomyces quisqualis, it is a fungus that chows mildew.

https://www.groworganic.co.za/product/ampelomyces-quisqualis/

Alternatively, there is a product called Hydroliq Grow that says it works on mildew and is vegan/organ. Again I am not sure how effective it is.

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/hydroliq-grow/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5Kv7BRBSEiwAXGDElW8MrnIc1WUUxEjJfK7NpmqBnTFZtGRGXfcILr-sC_zhQx5_zCMssBoCE4AQAvD_BwE

Edited by Bakstein420
links
  • Like 2