Best Strains for Pain Relief and Insomnia

Raf

Hi Folks, 

Can someone please guide me with advice on good strains to use for pain and Insomnia, I have been mostly using Northern Lights, Cheese, etc. 

During the day is use Durban Poison, I enjoy the Sativa buzz that makes me energized and  bubbly. 

Any suggestions on other top stains to use for either of the above effects? 

Raf 

• Like 1

Hey Raf, I rate as long as the strain is a majority/pure indica with a late harvest then it should be great for pain and insomnia. The reason for the late harvest being a prerequisite is that the later the harvest, the more THC is converted to CBN which is fantastic for pain and insomnia. The reason for indica is that sativas usually have less CBD. You would want the CBD to help counteract and level out the affects because you're using it to help you sleep.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Fridgedoor said:

Purple Afghan Kush from Dinafem. Never had a better good night smoke and it helps with my back too.

30 minutes ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

Seedsman Purple Bud.
Backpain is gone and we have no insomniacs in the house anymore.
Hahaha.emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I often see purple strains advertised as having strong medicinal properties.

• Like 1

I've been using Jack Berry outdoor home grow for 3 years now. Just completed my 1st indoor and judging from my early harvest pic I am convinced I was originally given what was stated on the pack.
Anyway, I wake up, 4am, spliff, 6am, baby and wife wake up, spliff, 8am, start the day, spliff, you get the drift.
I have a constant 'old war wound' back and neck pain, the moment I've been without spliff for a day or two, eina to the tenth.
Jack Berry gives me a mellow high, brings out the creative juices in me, and no feeling doff or paranoid.
And it really helps with my pain.
76427c20c2a2ee4979f28d6857f396ed.jpg

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm sure this strain will help you. It's very indica dominant. I believe the breeder claims it's 100% indica but that's always questionable.

I grew 5 of these. When it comes to growing this strain be aware that it starts off quite slow and requires very little water. The leaves will always look a little droopy but that's strain related so don't worry too much about that.

Hope you'll enjoy growing these ☺️.

2 hours ago, Raf said:

Ah, thanks, sorry I thought it was cannabist, will give them a try. Can't wait to get my beans this will be my first purchase of quality beans 😊

Thanks

Raf 

Just make sure you're ordering from https://www.cannabisseeds.co.za/ and not https://www.cannabisseed.co.za/ 😛

The missing 's' in the last link stands for 'scam'. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 5:13 AM, Raf said:

Hi Folks, 

Can someone please guide me with advice on good strains to use for pain and Insomnia, I have been mostly using Northern Lights, Cheese, etc. 

During the day is use Durban Poison, I enjoy the Sativa buzz that makes me energized and  bubbly. 

Any suggestions on other top stains to use for either of the above effects? 

Raf 

yo raf where did u get this lmao, isn't that kinda illegal? I had the same thing few months ago, had some kind of chest pain following with anxiety and mini depressions (especially when I was alone in my house) Even weed didn't help me, as it got me thinking superfast and I just screwed it. My wife couldn't resist seeing me this and bought me some cheap kratom that helped me chill and allowed me to analyze the problems in a clear mind state. Thanks to my lovely wife, since then I started to progress in my self-problems and every day I'm working on it.

Edited by kingsizexx

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 8:16 PM, kingsizexx said:

yo raf where did u get this lmao, isn't that kinda illegal? I had the same thing few months ago, had some kind of chest pain following with anxiety and mini depressions (especially when I was alone in my house) Even weed didn't help me, as it got me thinking superfast and I just screwed it. My wife couldn't resist seeing me this and bought me some cheap kratom that helped me chill and allowed me to analyze the problems in a clear mind state. Thanks to my lovely wife, since then I started to progress in my self-problems and every day I'm working on it.

I'd be very careful with Kratom. 10 years ago I bought myself 1 kg of that stuff as I read it's not addictive. No question the effects are quite pleasant in the beginning. You'll build up a tolerance quickly and need more and more to get the desired effects. I had to go through serious withdrawal symptoms when I stopped taking it. Be careful when you take it. It's one step away from proper opioids. 

Rather look for a nice cannabis strain that meets your needs. It's up to you but please think twice about it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I'd be very careful with Kratom. 10 years ago I bought myself 1 kg of that stuff as I read it's not addictive. No question the effects are quite pleasant in the beginning. You'll build up a tolerance quickly and need more and more to get the desired effects. I had to go through serious withdrawal symptoms when I stopped taking it. Be careful when you take it. It's one step away from proper opioids. 

Rather look for a nice cannabis strain that meets your needs. It's up to you but please think twice about it.

Similar thing happened with a friend of mine, he started using Kratom and was under the impression it wouldn't be addictive or cause any issues.

Not the case, he ended up going through quite a bit as well and when he tried to stop it was really difficult and he too had withdrawals.

I tried it once or twice but found the effects to be very subtle and I struggled to get it down. The taste is bad and the powder clumps etc.

• Like 1

A good sativa or sativa/indica hybrid should assist with these symptoms if it is harvested at the correct time/stage. (Can not emphasise this enough)

Some strains are better at alleviating said symtoms, but many times its a question of what works for you. 

Racy/paranoid effects are usually associated with clear tricomes. I've started inspecting the tricome colours of our dried buds before smoking, as not all the buds from the same plant ''ripen'' at the same pace. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Huh thanks for the share. I have been struggling with insomnia for a while now and it has not been very helpful that I have been cooped up in my apartment for weeks.
 I am not really sociable but it does take it's toll on me to stay at home all time as well. I have talked with a few of my friends and a lot of them suggested i try melatonin and some other herbal remedies to help with my sleeping pattern but they have not been very useful. Some of my friends also suggested I try the kratom extract. I have not been very keen on it at first but I was desperate for a good nights rest so I decided to give a try.
 It took me a while to find the right type of kratom (since there are apparently a whole arsenal of them) but I have been using it an it has been helping me sleep. I even had been having dreams (which for me is a novelty). I am hoping that this can be useful to you guys as well.

Edited by lysagrey93