Biltong and Budz

Website Going Live + New US Drop

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the understanding and well wishes towards our staff who were involved in a car accident on Monday on route to work. Two of our employees have returned to work and we will be going live again at 11:00

We had a big new shipment of US stock arrive during the downtime, so going live will coincide with a new drop. We have restocked Oni, In House, Capulator (including Mac Stomper), Mephisto, 3rd Coast Genetics and also added a couple new packs of Archive and Surfr seeds.

Thanks again for the support and hope you guys are able to find something juicy in this new batch.

• Like 4

Just now, Bakstein420 said:

Nice, been wanting to try Mephisto for awhile now.

We wish we could have got them cheaper, but Mephisto stopped stocking seed banks and only sell directly to customers now. Which doesn't help the local guys here who risk customs when bringing them in. So we aren't totally happy with the prices they are up at, but didn't want to neglect those who have been asking us for new Mephisto stock.

• Like 1

I still get this:

We'll Be Back Soon

11 minutes ago, Prom said:

I still get this:

We'll Be Back Soon

We were having a few stability issues, the site is live now. But there are errors occurring due to server resources and high traffic. 

We're already in discussions with our server host to resolve this, but if one encounters an error - please refresh until it works. I know it's annoying and we do apologize, but we encounter the same things when doing orders from major US seed banks - drops are always a bit of a PITA. We hope to get things resolved ASAP though for smoother drops going forward

• Like 2

Just an update. We've managed to mostly stabilize the website - there may still be some errors, but should be far more stable and enough to get through orders.

• Like 1

Did a little order myself today, nice selection @Biltong and Budz

My choices were flying off the shelf, managed to snatch up some good ones tho :-greenthumb

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dank said:

Did a little order myself today, nice selection @Biltong and Budz

My choices were flying off the shelf, managed to snatch up some good ones tho :-greenthumb

I realised I don't know many of the breeders from the US 😗 I spend more time researching the breeder than I do ordering the seeds 😅 

Anyone have any thoughts on Oni Seeds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

I realised I don't know many of the breeders from the US 😗 I spend more time researching the breeder than I do ordering the seeds 😅 

Anyone have any thoughts on Oni 

Never grew any of their gear, pricetag suggests hot, but at that price u can check InHouseGenetics or Cap.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ill_Evan said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Oni Seeds?

Oni are really solid, I'm sure that you're familiar with some of their work. Quite a few of their strains have been used by other breeders in their crosses.

If I had to spec out a good way to find if a breeder is premium or not, look at how many other big breeders are working with their cuts. Oni is perhaps most well-known for the Tropicanna/Tropicanna Cookies, which has been run into a lot of other hybrids.

I would choose Oni over In House personally, I feel like they have slightly better breeding practices.

I will also just throw it out there that two MASSIVELY slept on breeders locally are Archive Seed Bank (Possibly my #1 breeder overall, high end quality flower with massive pheno hunts, while still holding the breeding practices that a lot of the other big breeders give up on). For me it's important that the breeder test their own gear and still has input in the breeding process, a lot of these bigger ones now are just paying workers to do their jobs).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, Biltong and Budz said:

Oni are really solid, I'm sure that you're familiar with some of their work. Quite a few of their strains have been used by other breeders in their crosses.

If I had to spec out a good way to find if a breeder is premium or not, look at how many other big breeders are working with their cuts. Oni is perhaps most well-known for the Tropicanna/Tropicanna Cookies, which has been run into a lot of other hybrids.

I would choose Oni over In House personally, I feel like they have slightly better breeding practices.

I will also just throw it out there that two MASSIVELY slept on breeders locally are Archive Seed Bank (Possibly my #1 breeder overall, high end quality flower with massive pheno hunts, while still holding the breeding practices that a lot of the other big breeders give up on). For me it's important that the breeder test their own gear and still has input in the breeding process, a lot of these bigger ones now are just paying workers to do their jobs).

Thanks for the solid advise @Biltong and Budz. Definitly info worth knowing about. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Biltong and Budz good to know, that is some good advice :-greenthumb btw i dropped u a invite to the breeders group here on 420SA.

Decided to test out some InHouse, best way to see what all the hype is about. 

I received freebies from InHouse in the past, none germinated. So holding thumbs that these will pop, at 280 a pop :poke

Thanks again for bringing in the beans, appreciated big time.

Edited by Dank
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Biltong and Budz said:

I will also just throw it out there that two MASSIVELY slept on breeders locally are Archive Seed Bank

Who's the other bank? 😛

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Who's the other bank? 😛

Maybe Oni

Pulled triggers on some seeds. Got my first ever Autos that I want to do starting in September and a couple more Fem seeds to fill up the tent with the other all sorts I still have. Next grow will be a proper Quality Street situation 😂

Once I'm done with these I'll probably shoot some regulars for the first time 🤔

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Who's the other bank? 😛

Haha sorry, finished half my train of thought.

The other one is Swamp Boys, their work is really good and all proper breeding not just seed making.

I'll do a proper post here soon in its own thread what separates S-tier breeders from the rest. But I personally don't mess with anyone selling strains with a completely different lineage to the original cut and just using the name. For example companies who don't have access to the real Girl Scout Cookies (clone only) but make their own cross with a similar terpene profile and call it Girl Scout Cookie seeds.

No hate to anyone who does wish to run that kind of gear, but it's scary how many people aren't aware of the fact that what they are buying isn't the real thing at all, just something else borrowing the name. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ill_Evan said:

Shot lads, very stoked for my seeds 😁

20200827_133837.thumb.jpg.ecd4f2a4be35fe42ecbf39371f673b02.jpg

Bro you won't go wrong with Ripper seeds 😅 I got the Brain Cake, Chempie and Old school for the next run and currently have a Washing Machine in flower end of week 4... killer genetics straight from Biltong and Budz :-grooving20200826_081754.thumb.jpg.a9604c0140fc145024d43ba5f15f5569.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John Stonedwell said:

Bro you won't go wrong with Ripper seeds 😅 I got the Brain Cake, Chempie and Old school for the next run and currently have a Washing Machine in flower end of week 4... killer genetics straight from Biltong and Budz :-grooving20200826_081754.thumb.jpg.a9604c0140fc145024d43ba5f15f5569.jpg

That's one sexy sativa bro 😍 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bakstein420 said:

That's one sexy sativa bro 😍 

Thanx brother man. I am totally astounded with her growth to be honest. She is supposed to be a bubba kush x Exodus cheese cross. So I assume she is leaning to the Sativa on the Cheese side.

She has given 3 clone cutting runs, shared with 2 mates. 1 run already in flower. 2 runs in veg. I even kept a cutting for myself due to the insane growth and size of the lady. She's in the middle doing her thing outdoor.

20200827_144856.thumb.jpg.3f8fadb57f70702d0685e7a5676a51ed.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, Biltong and Budz said:

I'll do a proper post here soon in its own thread what separates S-tier breeders from the rest. But I personally don't mess with anyone selling strains with a completely different lineage to the original cut and just using the name. For example companies who don't have access to the real Girl Scout Cookies (clone only) but make their own cross with a similar terpene profile and call it Girl Scout Cookie seeds.

No hate to anyone who does wish to run that kind of gear, but it's scary how many people aren't aware of the fact that what they are buying isn't the real thing at all, just something else borrowing the name. 

I think a thread like that would be super beneficial to us folks who want to learn more about breading and the value of certain practises. 

Genetics can get quite technical but understanding it in the context of Cannabis makes it interesting.  😆

Looking forward to the knowledge you are willing to share.