What's your thoughts on the latest Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill?

420SA

What's your thoughts on the latest Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What's your thoughts on the latest Cannabis for Private Purposes Bill?

• I'm 100% happy with it and feel it's fair. Let's roll ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
    • I'm just grateful that we are given these new freedoms
    • There are a few improvements needed
    • It's utter bullsh!t
    • Just bring full legalisation now please. Let's allow the trade
    • I preferred things when it was illegal

A few problems I have with it.

Those penalties are ridiculous. They are still quite happy to criminalize people for a plant.

The fact that they want to regulate and prescribe what my privacy should look like....then it's not privacy anymore.

Long story short. There is still a lot of activism ahead of us.

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 6
  • Agree 5

A few problems I have with it.
Those penalties are ridiculous. They are still quite happy to criminalize people for a plant.
The fact that they want to regulate and prescribe what my privacy should look like....then it's not privacy anymore.
Long story short. There is still a lot of activism ahead of us.
I agree... While it's a step in the right direction, it's in the direction they want it to go.

I haven't gotten a chance to read the entire bill yet but yes, the penalties are extremely severe...
I guess they're trying their best to steer people away from producing on a large scale and selling it, or at least trying to minimize the profit you could make.

Anyone could pin you for being a dealer and then tell the cops you're growing a lot of indoor and put together a compelling argument, or that you have over a kg of weed stored away and they think you're doing some shit.

Even if you could prove you aren't dealing or that there's no intent, the inconvenience of having the cops investigate or having to get yourself out of the situation will be a shit show.

It's easy to cook up a story and I've had it happen to me before, almost spent a few years behind bars but I had my story straight and thankfully the cop actually listened to my story.

There's still a disregard for actual "privacy" due to the fact that they're trying to control what we do at home - which is bloody ridiculous - but I'm also grateful that we can't just get in shit for having more weed than we could smoke in like a week just stored at home.

I have more thoughts on it, but they're just scrambled right now. Will have to read through it properly for my own knowledge and so I can safely argue if anyone's tryna accuse me of doing anything illegal.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

They say 4 flowering plants per adult.

Does this mean I can have another 4 in veg and about 10 clones too? All at the same time?

Or only the 4 in flower?

This is where it doesn’t seem as clear cut bro. Im under the impression clones are considered in the area of “seedling and seeds” which you allowed an unlimited amount. 

That is until they are considered an immature plant. Once they get there, they make up .5 of your total allowance of 4 flowering plants. Leaving you with 3.5 flowering plants left over. 

The bill seems somewhat lenient but serves to constrict you more than you think 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

This is where it doesn’t seem as clear cut bro. Im under the impression clone are considered in the area of “seedling and seeds” which you allowed an unlimited amount. 

That is until they are considered an immature plant. Once they get there, they make up .5 of your total allowance of 4 flowering plants. Leaving you with 3.5 flowering plants left over. 

The bill seems somewhat lenient but serves to constrict you more than you 

Is this what they mean by "flowering plant equivalent"?

Yeah, the whole "grey area" situation awlays seem to play in their favour.

Fucking pigs.

We just have to be "extra careful" and not try our luck, I guess. 

I will try find out more about this, but then again if it's grey to us every second police officer will have a different understanding of it too. They'll choose in the moment if what they find is penalty worthy or not. 

I don't plan on harvesting more than 4 plants at a time, but I need to be able to harvest more frequiently. Probably still won't ever have more than 600g on me, but will need to veg 4 at the same time as flowering 4. 

28 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Is this what they mean by "flowering plant equivalent"?

Yeah, the whole "grey area" situation awlays seem to play in their favour.

Fucking pigs.

We just have to be "extra careful" and not try our luck, I guess. 

I will try find out more about this, but then again if it's grey to us every second police officer will have a different understanding of it too. They'll choose in the moment if what they find is penalty worthy or not. 

I don't plan on harvesting more than 4 plants at a time, but I need to be able to harvest more frequiently. Probably still won't ever have more than 600g on me, but will need to veg 4 at the same time as flowering 4. 

Ya it’s not likely that the police will understand what is allowed and what isn’t but having said that. If everybody abides by the laws and knows their rights. You can be confident and go through absolute hell with them. This is worst case scenario. 

I would say now more than ever, policing this is like asking nicely. Everybody is growing. And by the looks of it. It’s all illegal. When we can respond, and give our say, I’m sure there will be plenty of guys on this forum who will know as and when the time comes. Then we speak up! But for now, there are ways of getting around it. Just gotta be smart. And be nice to your neighbors.

And that’s only if worst case scenario shows up at your doorstep.

keep up to date on the news and see what trends are on raids and arrests. Haven't seen any home growers caught in the mix. So I wouldn’t stress bro. 

• Like 1

Kill them with kindness, that kinda vibe? Hahahah!

I am not the most intelligent, but surely they can be more clear on what exactly is concidered "a flowering plant equivalent", because honestly with the education of our officers these days I wont be suprised if they mistake my mother for being a flowering plant equivalent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prom said:

As i understand, trading seeds is a class D offence, up to 2 years in prison. Correct?

You can have 4 plants, but you cant get seeds.. has to jump out of thin air suddenly, or how do they think plants grow? 

But then you look at all the local companies selling seeds. Mostly they are registered companies, so tax applies. The govt is getting their share. 

Seeds also dont conatain any THC, so is it then excluded as far as sales prohibition.

Then as you say, you are allowed the plants but where are you supposed to get them....

It does seem that the grey area is getting bigger, not smaller, as the bill contradicts itself in its purpose in more than a few places.

• Like 3

I feel a bit like i get criminalized by incompetence... copy paste is a stupid way to write a draft for a law 😂

Anything not containing any THC should get excluded by default.

Just legalize the trade... would open a coffee shop right away and generate more work spots 😊

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Is there a lawyer, judge in here? I have a technical question... must have a "green" person knowledgeable into law in here 😄

if there is, please send me a private message... question is related to the cannabis draft, nothing personal.

• Haha 1