Warm white LED - 2700k

afternoon blazer

Hi all. 

Just wanted to check. . . 

I see alot of people have experience using Cool white LED floodlights now for vegging. Which is around the 6000k range.

However. Has anyone tried or had any experience with a warm white LED floodlight?  Used in the flowering stage? (2700k)

Would love to hear some feedback if anyone has some.

• Like 1

Hi all. 
Just wanted to check. . . 
I see alot of people have experience using Cool white LED floodlights now for vegging. Which is around the 6000k range.

However. Has anyone tried or had any experience with a warm white LED floodlight?  Used in the flowering stage? (2700k)
Would love to hear some feedback if anyone has some.

Well, I haven't used them but I can give you some feedback, I feel you would need to use at least 2 or 3 x 3500k units in the same space in which you were using a single 6000k light to veg.

I assume they would be using the SMD2835 led diodes, which are pretty bright compared to some older SMD-xxxx leds and seems like the option to

So with that in mind, they should work IF you keep the lights decently close enough to provide enough usable light during flower, and having 3 units will give you a nice spread of light coverage.
If you have them too far, you're gonna end up with small buds and a disappointing harvest.

So yeah, I think they would work...
If you grow with it well, you could get like 0.8-1gpw... That's my guess.

Since its 2700k, I think will have more PAR than the 3000k version due to the spectrum levels... So all in all, you can flower with them. Just don't expect anything great.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Well, I haven't used them but I can give you some feedback, I feel you would need to use at least 2 or 3 x 3500k units in the same space in which you were using a single 6000k light to veg.

I assume they would be using the SMD2835 led diodes, which are pretty bright compared to some older SMD-xxxx leds and seems like the option to

So with that in mind, they should work IF you keep the lights decently close enough to provide enough usable light during flower, and having 3 units will give you a nice spread of light coverage.
If you have them too far, you're gonna end up with small buds and a disappointing harvest.

So yeah, I think they would work...
If you grow with it well, you could get like 0.8-1gpw... That's my guess.

Since its 2700k, I think will have more PAR than the 3000k version due to the spectrum levels... So all in all, you can flower with them. Just don't expect anything great.

Looking at something soley for the purpose of extending daylight hours

• Like 1

I think he meant he can only fit one plant in the space, lights are small enough, I'm guessing here...

Added, reading the above is a little confusing sorry. Maybe the day I'm having, lol, but I see you asking about a light for flowering, which leads me to think you have a photo period plant, then mentioned extended day light time, which leads me to think you either had a Auto flower, or you want to veg with it.

Sorry🙈

Edited by StickyD420
Added
  • Like 1

Yeah. Sorry for any confusion

Growing autos.

Using the acdc cool white light for veg. 6000k. For 14 hours and 10 hours of direct sunlight.

Now wanted to know if anyone uses a warm white floodlight with any success.

Coz i wana use the warm white floodlight to extend the hours during flower. As i can only get about 10 hours of direct sunlight everyday. 

The acdc 6000k seems to work well. Was hoping the 2700k would have good results too.

Since the veg light is so common currently. I thought maybe others tried the warm white aswell.

Awe brother, no worries, just trying to understand, to better guide or help you.

So like I thought at first, you have AF, and that means to me and my mind the following...

Having the plant outside all day, then bringing it inside, under either the 2 color temps of ACDC lights, 1x light only, then yes, you'll keep the plant awake, but you are not going to push enough PAR to make any difference in growth to the plant in that said time, inside. 

Now being it had been an photo period plant, you'd have a reason to keep it just awake and not cause flowering. 

Auto Flower, and 1x either light, would not be worth the electricity or time involved, and that is only my understanding, dont shoot me.

• Like 1

Awe brother, no worries, just trying to understand, to better guide or help you.
So like I thought at first, you have AF, and that means to me and my mind the following...
Having the plant outside all day, then bringing it inside, under either the 2 color temps of ACDC lights, 1x light only, then yes, you'll keep the plant awake, but you are not going to push enough PAR to make any difference in growth to the plant in that said time, inside. 
Now being it had been an photo period plant, you'd have a reason to keep it just awake and not cause flowering. 
Auto Flower, and 1x either light, would not be worth the electricity or time involved, and that is only my understanding, dont shoot me.

Pretty much on the money

If you want to extend the hours of light, it'll work just fine... But if you're trying to keep on developing buds with those lights in those extra hours, you're gonna need more than 2 lights for 1 plant IMO...

Although, the plant would have not been getting any light during those hours anyway, so it will help to some extent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Although, the plant would have not been getting any light during those hours anyway, so it will help to some extent.

My thoughts are if it's the right color temp, sunset, you simulate sunset, with them when coming inside, but this also more so for the photo period plant, than AF.

Some body who does AF more might now better 😉

• Thanks 1

I feel it's pretty much a loaded question here... 

Basically 2 questions. 

Is the Acdc 2700k warm white floodlight good for flowering, or better for flowering than the cool white floodlights?

And is the Acdc warm white better for flowering AF or PF.

1)yes, the warm white will be a better flowering type light than the cool white. But you must remember that these lights are designed as floodlights, and likely do not have an improved colour rendering index for Horticulture use. 

Is this a problem? I mean, the light colour is similar right? Well right and wrong. Yes in the sense that it is a similar colour, but wrong in the sense that you might need 300w of acdc light to provide a similar amount of photons as a 150w Horticulture quantam board or Horticulture diode array. 

2)And because you are extending the hours for a flowering AF, I would agree that the warm white flood light would be a better source of red light than the 6000k veg light. 

3) what difference can you expect at the end of the day? The cool white will promote shorter stretch than the warm white will. But the warm white should produce marginally better nugs. I'm not sure the difference is worth splitting ends over though. 

And my reason for this is your AF is getting great sunlight. Full spectrum and high intensity... The 10 hours in the sun will do more good for your plant than 20 hours under your light

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CreX said:

I feel it's pretty much a loaded question here... 

Basically 2 questions. 

Is the Acdc 2700k warm white floodlight good for flowering, or better for flowering than the cool white floodlights?

And is the Acdc warm white better for flowering AF or PF.

1)yes, the warm white will be a better flowering type light than the cool white. But you must remember that these lights are designed as floodlights, and likely do not have an improved colour rendering index for Horticulture use. 

Is this a problem? I mean, the light colour is similar right? Well right and wrong. Yes in the sense that it is a similar colour, but wrong in the sense that you might need 300w of acdc light to provide a similar amount of photons as a 150w Horticulture quantam board or Horticulture diode array. 

2)And because you are extending the hours for a flowering AF, I would agree that the warm white flood light would be a better source of red light than the 6000k veg light. 

3) what difference can you expect at the end of the day? The cool white will promote shorter stretch than the warm white will. But the warm white should produce marginally better nugs. I'm not sure the difference is worth splitting ends over though. 

And my reason for this is your AF is getting great sunlight. Full spectrum and high intensity... The 10 hours in the sun will do more good for your plant than 20 hours under your light

Thanks @CreX some solid info.

If i do get the warm white light. 

I would still be putting the girl outside in the 10 hours of sun. 

And instead of a dark period i would use the light at night. 

But i would do this only if its gona make sense and make some difference.

Instead of no light. Adding Some light that helps flowering.

Yes it probably is not gona grow me some dank nugs.

BUT. . .

Wouldnt some warm white light help instead of no light at all???

If i need to get 300w of light in there for a very small difference. Then it obviously wont be worth it. Due to power consumtion and what not.

For example lets say the plant is growing at a performance level of 65%.

With only 10 hours of direct sunlight.

If the warm white light helps to let the plant grow at a performance rate of 10-15 percent more. Which would put me on a 80 percent performance grow rate.

That seems benificial.

But if the warm white light gives me only 10 percent better growth performance. It would not be worth the trouble.

I hope this isnt too confusing. 

• Like 1

I'm following. 

Flowering ladies need the highest quality light source they can get to grow dank nugs... As well as the right amount of light. 

Where the sun checks both those boxes... Indoor lights often don't. 

As we spoke about the Acdc cool white being strictly for veg... I feel it's important to add that it's not just the colour of the light... It's the quality of the diodes. 

So as much as I love the lights for veg, the diodes are just not top quality or Horticultural spectrum to be able to meet your plants needs in flower. 

I don't think they will make that much of a difference tbh... But it would make a better night light over the cool white.. 

But again. Rather save that money and put it towards a proper light. 

And then you should notice a sweet difference in yeilds. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1