2020 Regular Run

Totemic

So with enough time to spare I'm squeezing in a regular seed run. Clones are doing their thing in veg. Still waiting on a clone or 2 to reach size for a transplant and another 3 or 4 weeks veg.

Females in the tent:

Slurricane, Blunicorn, Ghost train haze #1, Green Crack, Chocolope NL x Gelato #33, Orange Kush Cake, 

Male:

It was a toss up between a chocolope NL or GTH male originally, but the gelato cross males are really interesting me right now.  

Chocolope x Gelato #33

20200810_115557.thumb.jpg.680bc80f0fa43c6cfdfe066032758949.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Bospatrollie2 said:

That is a lekker selection to work with. Some awesome potential for dankness.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I expect their will be a few nice cuts coming from this.

All these are going to produce polyhybrid F1s (Chocolope NL x Gelato #33 x ...), except for the F2 gelatos, and they all gonna be freely available to the forum.

2 hours ago, Dank said:

Gelatos gooing out some nice nuggos, from the #41, stoked to check #33.

The 33 is not a massive yielder, but dense frosty spicy sweet indica nuggets...

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 4

Sometimes a unique and flavoursome cut or cross is more desirable than a huge yielder. Depends on the breeder/growers selection criteria.
Personally don't mind an average yield if the fruits are exceptional.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, Totemic said:

All these are going to produce polyhybrid F1s (Chocolope NL x Gelato #33 x ...), except for the F2 gelatos, and they all gonna be freely available to the forum.

The 33 is not a massive yielder, but dense frosty spicy sweet indica nuggets...

Looking really good, awesome stuff!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

Looking beautiful man 
:-respect

So was that a 64 day flower for Slurricane? Your leaf colour and structure still looks insane so late into flower. Your shits dialed in man!!! 

It is day 52 now. She would look pretty similar still if I were to let her finish, but I'm after the mature seeds. There will be practically nothing left of the flowers to smoke so no point pushing until trichomes are ready.

• Like 3

If the Slurricane passes on its frost, it will at least be a good plant to look at!

I don't know choc gelato, but have heard good things about gelato - I am sure this will be a pretty awesome cross!

How do you get your seeds out when you have a looot of seeded plants? Any easy way other than digging through the bud?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

If the Slurricane passes on its frost, it will at least be a good plant to look at!

I don't know choc gelato, but have heard good things about gelato - I am sure this will be a pretty awesome cross!

How do you get your seeds out when you have a looot of seeded plants? Any easy way other than digging through the bud?

Depends if you wanna keep the bud or not. 

If not, you let it dry out till it's proper crispy, then put it in a seive and go until you are left with seeds, presto. 

If you wanna keep the bud... Then maybe deseeding as you smoke it may be easiest

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Yeah it is going to be interesting to sift through the F1s. 

The plants are very different to one another. The choc gelato has a larger trichome structure, while the sluri trichomes are smaller, on longer stalks, and packed in tight.

The sluri is super stretchy, while the choc gelato is a short indica, with way tighter noding.

Here is the choc gelato female currently still in flower, but cant take it on face value, as this new cross is a poly hybrid cross... 

Chocolope x gelato 33 x slurricane 

20201010_162108.thumb.jpg.d5d7f987852d743919c557b134bd7f46.jpg

20201010_162100.thumb.jpg.6084e338d3cc40a39b1766cc08359d0b.jpg

My goals here are to find that pheno that yields like the chocolope, frosty like the slurricane, and the terpene profile of the gelato...super tall order, but the fun is in that hunt. 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 5

Just now, CreX said:

Depends if you wanna keep the bud or not. 

If not, you let it dry out till it's proper crispy, then put it in a seive and go until you are left with seeds, presto. 

If you wanna keep the bud... Then maybe deseeding as you smoke it may be easiest

That's what I do yeah. Dry the bud out completely and sift the lot. The flower that does remain will become canna butter or oil.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Yeah it is going to be interesting to sift through the F1s. 

The plants are very different to one another. The choc gelato has a larger trichome structure, while the sluri trichomes are smaller, on longer stalks, and packed in tight.

The sluri is super stretchy, while the choc gelato is a short indica, with way tighter noding.

Here is the choc gelato female currently still in flower, but cant take it on face value, as this new cross is a poly hybrid cross... 

Chocolope x gelato 33 x slurricane 

20201010_162108.thumb.jpg.d5d7f987852d743919c557b134bd7f46.jpg

20201010_162100.thumb.jpg.6084e338d3cc40a39b1766cc08359d0b.jpg

My goals here are to find that pheno that yields like the chocolope, frosty like the slurricane, and the terpene profile of the gelato...super tall order, but the fun is in that hunt. 

Drooling with that description bro - nothing more frosty than slurricane

• Like 1