Envirofarm Epic 5:2 Bio Stimulant

I like reusing my soils, re-amending them to save money. 

I have a 50l no till pot that is now going on 4 years old, and has grown 3 plants. With the last one though I noticed the soil performance wearing thin, having to fertilize more regularly.

Envirofarm has a product that I'm going to test out on that soil. 

The only amendments going in will be the Epic 5:2 at their recommended dosage. This should be a great soil reviver or addition to a lean soil mix.

Opening the jar you get this organic earthy and fresh ocean smell.

Let's see how it performs.

20200807_134515.thumb.jpg.f017e87f7e0767b2b287f6bfa63d235b.jpg

20200807_134539.thumb.jpg.77786cbc1cf253db767681110d376a5e.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Totemic said:

I like reusing my soils, re-amending them to save money. 

I have a 50l no till pot that is now going on 4 years old, and has grown 3 plants. With the last one though I noticed the soil performance wearing thin, having to fertilize more regularly.

Envirofarm has a product that I'm going to test out on that soil. 

The only amendments going in will be the Epic 5:2 at their recommended dosage. This should be a great soil reviver or addition to a lean soil mix.

Opening the jar you get this organic earthy and fresh ocean smell.

Let's see how it performs.

20200807_134515.thumb.jpg.f017e87f7e0767b2b287f6bfa63d235b.jpg

20200807_134539.thumb.jpg.77786cbc1cf253db767681110d376a5e.jpg

Looking great brother! 🙌🏻

• 5 months later...

Interesting, just humic & fulvic acid with some kelp extracts and you're soil is performing well again and no need to frequently fertilise?

@Totemic So as I understand it and on a basic level, the humic acid is something additional for the microbes to break down?
Fulvic acid is a chelate to help make it easier for the plants to take in the nutrients.

Kelp extracts, well, they typically provide auxins and cytokins and a few other things which are know to help stimulate plant growth in general with a boost in root development.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 8:13 AM, PsyCLown said:

Interesting, just humic & fulvic acid with some kelp extracts and you're soil is performing well again and no need to frequently fertilise?

@Totemic So as I understand it and on a basic level, the humic acid is something additional for the microbes to break down?
Fulvic acid is a chelate to help make it easier for the plants to take in the nutrients.

Kelp extracts, well, they typically provide auxins and cytokins and a few other things which are know to help stimulate plant growth in general with a boost in root development.

I hear it quite different from professors and soil biologist around the world, very prominent figures.

I'm sure when you get down to that level, there are still many unexplainable things. But the basics (and I don't mean this in an easy to understand way) they have down and that is, that nutrients on a macrolevel stem through to the microlevel regarding facilitation. 

Humic is suppose to be of the most complex structure being in the first stage of carbon decomposition. But not all Humic is the same. Leonardite rock humic is supposedly the most versatile in its super chelating ability, because its been decomposing for hundred of millions of years. Both Humic and Fulvic acids are known as intermediate chelators, one way or another the plant is using these key acids to unlock more micro and macro nutrients. The list of benefits for these acids is loooooonng. But when paired with kelp together maybe quadruples.

But please don't quote me on this, I base what I know about the ratio on a Virginia tech 10 year study, and what now stands as the back bone for best application process in Bio-stimulants. 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1