Cabinet approves cannabis bill

Totemic

I think people like you and me will have a tough time to establish a business unless you got friends in the right places.

Not promising anything to anyone, but I may be this person.

Been planning a legal commercial grow for a while but funding is an issue.

Working on a unique product (since I'm a chemist) using weed, and if I can get the formula and processes just right I'm pretty sure I can secure some agreement to grow on a large scale to produce what I need.

If ever it comes to light, which I'm hoping it will, it means South Africa will have a reason to commercially grow weed.

What I need is ways to extract cannabinoids and terpenoids and then use them by themselves... I don't have the means or the cash, but I have the knowledge...

I've worked with fractional distillation, regular, rotovap applications and a bunch of other equipment while doing my course and a bit after.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

As someone who knows a little bit about the law and property leasing agreements, I can already see loopholes unless they have been accounted for. 
They will need to define "household", otherwise you can just "sign a lease" of one room in your house to a friend and boom. Your limits have doubled. Sign another lease and boom. Your limit has tripled. 
Got a template?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This Bill has the hands of 'Commerce' all over it! Big Pharma is fucking with your future.

No profit for da Gubment, No law will be allowed to be fluanted!

15 Years !!! Its a looong time, for growing a fucking plant??!!??  Someone is supa Scared of Something!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, Ill_Evan said:

As someone who knows a little bit about the law and property leasing agreements, I can already see loopholes unless they have been accounted for. 

They will need to define "household", otherwise you can just "sign a lease" of one room in your house to a friend and boom. Your limits have doubled. Sign another lease and boom. Your limit has tripled. 

I've had similar thoughts but it all boils down to interpretation, because if you live alone that alloiwance gets shredded in half allowing you only 4 plants/600g, they go on to define the max as being 8 plants/1.2kg for 2 adults, so using the argument of having 4 adults in the single household therefore merits the max being doubled won't stick because the max has been defined BUT there is more than enough ambiguity in the definition of a "household" to spin doctor the shit out of it in our favour (especially in this new day n age of subletting/house sharing)

But there's many flaws, 8 plant limit would certainly make growing autos somewhat pointless - also what happens if you plant 8 trees in the ground and they take off growing 3m+? You could easily have 3kg growing on the branches & cop can say your 1 plant exceeds limits therefore we confiscating the other 7 even though you well within your plant limit.

so yeah...alot of things would need to be clearly defined to avoid bullshit, needless to say we will overcome anything thrown at us, the fight has only begun brothers

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 420SA unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:37 AM, Psylecta said:

I've had similar thoughts but it all boils down to interpretation, because if you live alone that alloiwance gets shredded in half allowing you only 4 plants/600g, they go on to define the max as being 8 plants/1.2kg for 2 adults, so using the argument of having 4 adults in the single household therefore merits the max being doubled won't stick because the max has been defined BUT there is more than enough ambiguity in the definition of a "household" to spin doctor the shit out of it in our favour (especially in this new day n age of subletting/house sharing)

But there's many flaws, 8 plant limit would certainly make growing autos somewhat pointless - also what happens if you plant 8 trees in the ground and they take off growing 3m+? You could easily have 3kg growing on the branches & cop can say your 1 plant exceeds limits therefore we confiscating the other 7 even though you well within your plant limit.

so yeah...alot of things would need to be clearly defined to avoid bullshit, needless to say we will overcome anything thrown at us, the fight has only begun brothers

I am busy revisiting the current proposed legislation. How on earth does one grow and store a year's supply of photoperiod plants and keep to the 1.2kg limit? 15 Years is a lifetime to spend in prison. I am in a communal living environment and so the ceiling is 1.2kg. That is not going to last one person very long, let alone a household. They neglected to consider how people who are unable to grow can legally access their recreational substance without getting a freebee. No craft brewer is going to give away more than half his product for free to anyone, so why should cannabis growers expect to give away their product (that cost them money to grow), for free?! Rhetorical questions for this forum, but the law makers have not thought this through, or if they have, they are doing it in a prohibition mindset. Do you have any advice on where / how one can legally store the year's harvest? 

3 hours ago, Onion said:

I am busy revisiting the current proposed legislation. How on earth does one grow and store a year's supply of photoperiod plants and keep to the 1.2kg limit? 15 Years is a lifetime to spend in prison. I am in a communal living environment and so the ceiling is 1.2kg. That is not going to last one person very long, let alone a household. They neglected to consider how people who are unable to grow can legally access their recreational substance without getting a freebee. No craft brewer is going to give away more than half his product for free to anyone, so why should cannabis growers expect to give away their product (that cost them money to grow), for free?! Rhetorical questions for this forum, but the law makers have not thought this through, or if they have, they are doing it in a prohibition mindset. Do you have any advice on where / how one can legally store the year's harvest? 

How to store your bud for a year?

Jars with Boveda packs is what I use to store my bud. I have smoked some bud after a year in storage and its still good.

Otherwise there are those bags as well, forgot the name but @Aeradix stock them as does Hydroponic.co.za

11 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Jars with Boveda packs is what I use to store my bud. I have smoked some bud after a year in storage and its still good.

Otherwise there are those bags as well, forgot the name but @Aeradix stock them as does Hydroponic.co.za

Thanks @PsyCLown. They are TerpLoc Bags by Grove Bags. Fast becoming the industry standard in the USA.

27 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

15 minutes ago, Aeradix said:

Thanks @PsyCLown. They are TerpLoc Bags by Grove Bags. Fast becoming the industry standard in the USA.

No. There is a misunderstanding. This thread is about the cannabis bill. I am asking about the law. If I grow surplus of 1.2 kg for my household on my 9 legal plants, there is no provision in the law that allows me to store that legally for personal use throughout the year. This would then theoretically leave me two options. Give away / destroy my surplus, or break the law if I store it for my own use. That is the point I am making and I am asking if there is a legal workaround.

15 hours ago, Onion said:

No. There is a misunderstanding. This thread is about the cannabis bill. I am asking about the law. If I grow surplus of 1.2 kg for my household on my 9 legal plants, there is no provision in the law that allows me to store that legally for personal use throughout the year. This would then theoretically leave me two options. Give away / destroy my surplus, or break the law if I store it for my own use. That is the point I am making and I am asking if there is a legal workaround.

Ahh I see, I misunderstood you there. haha

Yea, no other legal option unfortunately. We will have to wait and see how it unfolds unfortunately.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Onion said:

all thats left to do is maybe turn the bulk into concentrates...or up your smoke game and smoke more hahaha

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Onion said:

I went through every mental exercise on how I may strictly fall within the law with my cannabis hobby and quite frankly the laws (which btw are not "laws" yet) are not well defined or even considerate to the culture of cannabis which has been around for centuries. 

So, with all due respect, if these laws are enacted as they stand, I will break them 8-)

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

@Onion I’m a bit late to the conversation but I agree that there is some ‘BAD’ parts of the bill. As an example if I have a child, I’m not allowed to consume THC otherwise I’ll go to jail for 15 years😂 exhaling out my window can get me into trouble as well. Safe to say those ill intended anti-cannabis neighbours will call the police for every J you light in your yard. 

maybe the way they meant to draft it was that to say you should have exercise caution when consuming cannabis with children in your household which parents already do with things such as cigarettes, alcohol, electrical equipment, etc.

These are terrible provisions and I submitted my opinion(through public opinion on the govs website) regarding these and a few other provisions. 

• Like 3