My RDWC scrog closet build

Guest Cocopeat

Guest Cocopeat

Hey all

For those interested, I've attached some pics of my build. This is my first grow, and I want things to go right!

The parts list is in my intro, so look there if you need details.

I'm building this cab on my own, and I'm about 4 days in. This is graft!

The carbon filter compartment will have holes drilled left ( to veg compartment) and right (flower compartment)

I'm still undecided about where to put the plug boxes, and the ballasts. Suggestions?

Guest kaiju

If your doing Scrog then you can veg for a while bru get that screen full my man. However DWC causes explosive growth, but the Nirvana Northern is a short plant doesnt stretch much and is mostly Indica. But check it out and get a feel for it. Master Northern in this set up then find out what works and what doesnt and then move on to next strain

Respect Cocopeat, awesome looking setup you got there. Im all for DIY but yours in on a another level, well done bru.

Im interested to see how everything works together, good luck.

Keep us posted with your grow, please. 

:-peace

Coco have you run the system for a few days yet?

Check what temps you run at..

But it looks like you have everything worked out just well.

Ideal temps for reservoir is 18-22.

Any higher and you should increase air to try get as much  TDO.

In DWC aeration is king...

Peace

Guest Maxwell

I'm keen to see the uniseals in action.! Touch pricey tho. Very nice set up CP, but geez you've missioned. Just a thought on your intake, those ridges/covers will harbour dust and all, definitely an enemy in DWC. It might also be worth your while to paint your tub white/cover it/insulate it.

Guest Maxwell

Sure looks good CP, but with that low wattage, you might find it will need to be really close. Anything under about 20w seems to have limited use. 9/11w are almost useless imo.

Guest Maxwell

It is less about lumens and more about intensity. Simply put, the photons are travelling slower than that of even a 20w cfl (Think about hps/the sun) and so they do not penetrate/stimulate the cells. Lumens is not all there is to light, light is more than just illuminance. (Google it) :-puffin 

-edit: :-stoned Geez

I concur max. Light energy is part of our electromagnetic spectrum. X-rays, gamma rays are all part of the spectrum. Just like a HPS doesnt have enough energy to penetrate your body to take x-rays, so too are the small CFLs. Too weak to provide the PAR light plants need. Especially full sun plants such as cannabis.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spootch

This is one insane build coco holy smokes ! So stoked u got them beans in rockwool very excited for u and keen to watch :) good luck and happy growing mate

Guest spootch

Ye for sure the seedling stage can seem tedious but don't rush thru it, it sets up the foundation for flower. I really started to concentrate on the initial training stage and actually find it quiet fun messing with its shape. Are u planning on any training ? If u are take ur time and enjoy it, will make things so much better in flower

Guest spootch

cool didn't realize u where going to use a screen. Looks the business doesn't it, haven't tried it myself but keen to so u got some xtra pressure as i will be watching  closely haha