AM or PM watering

Hi all.

Was just doing some reading up. And wanted to know what is going to work best for me.

The interenet is basical split between morning or evening watering.

But that is from people around the world.

I would like advise from our fine SA growers. As this would be more or less the same conditions im growing in. Compared to someone over seas.

Currently i have been doing it in the mornings.

Can u guys maybe advise which method u use and if u have tried both. Could you please share your results.

Well that all depends on how you grow. Normally we give the plant time to wake up. So after about an hour after lights on. Or one hour after sunrise. When i do outdoor in summer I water every 2 hours. Irrigation system. You dont want wet pots at night as your plant basically goes to sleep and dont uase water at night.

Wat up @SkunkPharm.

Ok thanks. But then what if u have lights on 24/7. There isint a dark period or light on and off. How would u do it then?

Also read a few places online. Where they said that roots grow at night. So it may be better to water at sunset.

I have a 24/7 lights on grow currently. But the 24 is split into 10 hours sunshine and 14 hours led light.

It doesn't really matter much with 24/7 lighting, although factors to consider are also based on your light cycle.

Typically one waters when the lights are on, as mentioned best to avoid watering close to lights off - although if you are unable to water when lights come on then I really do not feel as if its an issue.

With my blumat watering system, it waters when the medium dries out - so as and when needed really. Haven't had issues.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
Hi all.

Was just doing some reading up. And wanted to know what is going to work best for me.
The interenet is basical split between morning or evening watering.

But that is from people around the world.
I would like advise from our fine SA growers. As this would be more or less the same conditions im growing in. Compared to someone over seas.
Currently i have been doing it in the mornings.
Can u guys maybe advise which method u use and if u have tried both. Could you please share your results.

For awesome grow results. Try a very diluted seagrow foliar feeding but only between 7 to 10 am and then after 5 pm. As the receptors underneath the leaves are then open to take in nutrients And try burning a small candle near your plants . The candle produces Co2 which the plants love. But please dont put the candle too near the plants. The heat may scorche them. I had a 7 cm grow for a week. Where i normally avriaged on a 3 cm grow. Try and see the improvement

Sent from my SM-A700F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dj Boompie said:

For awesome grow results. Try a very diluted seagrow foliar feeding but only between 7 to 10 am and then after 5 pm. As the receptors underneath the leaves are then open to take in nutrients And try burning a small candle near your plants . The candle produces Co2 which the plants love. But please dont put the candle too near the plants. The heat may scorche them. I had a 7 cm grow for a week. Where i normally avriaged on a 3 cm grow. Try and see the improvement

Shot man. But now . How u gona keep the candle running with ur fans?..

So what we talking like 2ml seagrow per 2 liter of water ? And just spray thr under or top of leaves? And how often?

I got some experimental plants. Dont mind giving it a small go

• Like 1

Shot man. But now . How u gona keep the candle running with ur fans?..
So what we talking like 2ml seagrow per 2 liter of water ? And just spray thr under or top of leaves? And how often?
I got some experimental plants. Dont mind giving it a small go
Candle would be difficult with the fans. The seagrow is 1 teaspoon per 5 litre water. But dilute more as you dont want to burn the leaves. Spray from the top. Foliar feeding is has more than the soil based nutes.

• Thanks 1

As a farmer I try and use common sense and only water my plants in the morning. I dont want the water to be sitting, damp while the big light ( sun ) is off. I prefer catching my veggies in the morning and greasing their roots with some nice sky juice.
I do foliar feedings in te mornings from 7 to 10 am. I believe at night my plants must rest up.

No no don't try it 😁. Just to be on the save side, when I said PM I mean powdery mildew. Last season I had to deal with it and it wasn't fun. And last season was also the first season that I had to water in the evening too, as it got so hot during the day. I think I got powdery mildew on some plants because I watered in the evening.

This season I'll get bigger pots, only water in the morning and if necessary I'll do a bit of defoliation to hopefully prevent PM in future.

• Haha 2